• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. hunck

Mysterious 10-Foot Monolith Pops Up On Welsh Hill

They’re back.. Mystery 10ft monolith At Hay-on-Wye
  2. hunck

'Electricity Reduction' Devices: Do They Work?

With electricity prices rising, ‘electricity reduction’ devices are being pushed as a way of reducing your bills. There’s a few of them around - I found this one in the Mirror: Looks like utter bollox & those who actually have relevant qualifications & knowledge seem to be of the same opinion.
  3. hunck

Ferdinand Cheval's "Le Palais Idéal" (One-Man Architectural Project)

If there's a better place for this please move. Another ‘one man’s lifetime work’ construction. This one in France, made by a postman around the turn of the century.
  4. hunck

Trafficking & Smuggling Endangered Or Protected Species

A huge collection of more than 1,000 endangered stuffed animals has been discovered in a warehouse in Spain. The country’s national police force Guardia Civil revealed the private taxidermy haul is one of the largest ever to be found in Europe, and is worth a whopping £24 million on the black...
  5. hunck

Ocean Question

A question for forumers: How long would it take in minutes for a marble dropped from the surface to reach the floor of the lowest trench in the ocean - around 11 kilometers? No looking it up on the internet. If you get within 10 minutes I'll be awarding points, & points mean prizes. I'll give...
  6. hunck

Military Patches & Insignia As Evidence Of 'Black' Activities

Kind of related to this thread, I found this talk interesting. To do with classified 'black' military/defence projects, vast unspecified budgets. He comes up with a rough figure of about $30 billion [I think the year was 2007] as 'black budget' & unaccounted for. He uses patches connected with...
  7. hunck

Stuck / Trapped / Entangled / Exposed / Etc. (Non-Lethal Awkward Predicaments)

Dramatic rescue as 'incapacitated' man in just his PANTS dangles from electricity pylon 65ft above ground How he managed to avoid electrocution is remarkable.
  8. hunck

Unacknowledged

Here's the full version of Unacknowledged if you've got 1hr 40mins to spare. The trailer was linked in the Marilyn Monroe thread but that's only a tiny [& pretty speculative] part of it. It's by Stephen Greer & is about his disclosure project which I think has been running for years - UFOs...
  9. hunck

Handshakes

Couldn't find an appropriate thread. Feel free to move if there is one. There was an interesting tv prog the other night. Someone at a university in Israel had videoed participants in a lab without their knowledge, who were introduced at the start to someone running the research and the two...
  10. hunck

The Tanker Question

Yesterday I passed a petrol tanker on the M1 & the question occurred to me: If the tanker had a hole in it large enough to leave a continuous thin trail of petrol behind it which was then ignited, how fast would it have to be going to outrun the flame? A full tanker could probably leave a trail...
  11. hunck

Train weirdness

This happened a couple of months ago. I was attending a course which involved travelling from Archway station to High Barnet on the Northern Line. I entered Archway station in the morning. A High Barnet train came along. I got on it. All fine and dandy and perfectly normal. Started reading my...
Back