• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. bugmum

Happy Dracula Day!

The man on the radio this morning said that May 26th is Dracula Day. Since it's one of my favourite books, I checked out his assertion, and apparently it marks the occasion of its first publication in 1897. So bring out your fangs - or your garlic, depending on which side you wish to bat for -...
  2. bugmum

Something Unusual Over Exeter

I am not jumping to any conclusions here. However, last night I went up to bed at about 11pm, and, as is my wont, peered round the bedroom curtains as I brushed my hair. Our bedroom faces roughly south; the weather wasn't totally clear, though I could see some stars directly overhead...
  3. bugmum

Fairy Hill Forts & Changelings

How can you good folk expand my knowledge database? I know that at various points in the country (UK only?) there are hillforts and/or earthworks ascribed to the little folk; that you shouldn't fall asleep in them; that at certain times in the year (when?) the forts open and the way into...
Back