• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Paul_Exeter

The Broad Haven Triangle / Ripperston Farm Case

I know we have discussed these teenage poachers on here before, but here is the FSR article by Randles and Whetnall: http://www.noufors.com/Documents/Books, Manuals and Published Papers/Specialty UFO Publications/Flying Saucer Review/FSR,1980,V 26,N 3.pdf My understanding is that pheasants...
  2. Paul_Exeter

Mars Surface Anomalies Viewed From Orbit / Afar

Yes, sorry landers. We had the National geographic magazines that featured the full colour Viking images from the surface of Mars and I remember being fascinated by them. I do find it most odd that no attempt has been made to replicate these tests and I you could make a decent conspiracy theory...
  3. Paul_Exeter

Time Or Dimensional Slips

Ah, well spotted, I've misread the date sshe believed the time-slip to be in as the date the event happened. So correct, this postdates Tom Slemen's Bold Street account and in fact has distinct parallels with his Frank case i.e. the van ad a shop window.
  4. Paul_Exeter

So, were they hoaxing or were they told to shut up after their initial report? We had young lads who would go out poaching in our village so that aspect is believable,. I can also believe that if they genuinely gatecrashed some covert operation that they might have received a visit from the men...
  5. Paul_Exeter

If you had to test live cattle without alerting either the farmers or the general public then this is how you would go about it. Might even have been for radiation entering the food chain as we humans conducted a staggering umber of nuclear weapons tests from the 1950s onwards, and by 1977 this...
  6. Paul_Exeter

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

It is a lot better than the usual guff that appears in the Express. I know there are folk out there who will be able to pill up all the flight data etc and check for other aircraft in the vicinity. What does strike me is that is how a stationary object would look if you passed it at 200mph (the...
  7. Paul_Exeter

Mars Surface Anomalies Viewed From Orbit / Afar

Just as the Viking rovers did actually get a positive result from their experiments to detect life in the Martian soil but it was decided this was a false positive despite many scientists believing otherwise: The Case for Extant Life on Mars and Its Possible Detection by the Viking Labeled...
  8. Paul_Exeter

I seem to recall Star Wars was being heavily promoted prior to its release and had been released in the US in May of that year (UK was November 1977) but then there weren't actual UFOs in Star Wars. Close Encounters wasn't released in the US until November 1977. I just feel there is a major...
  9. Paul_Exeter

It is a good account without those tell-tale story structure tropes (eg no neat conclusion reveal at the end) which are a red flag. Such a shame it is anonymous. Also the main elements of looking in a shop and a vintage van going past as the time-slip 'arrives' that has featured in our Slemen...
  10. Paul_Exeter

Everytime I listen to: "The Covid-19 pandemic has been one of the weirdest things any of us has lived through. But there was another sickness that once stalked the nation and turned things very strange for a while. In the 1990s Britain was hit by an epidemic of a fatal neurological disease in...
  11. Paul_Exeter

So, some sort of social contagion perhaps based on one initial media report, clandestine operation to test how young children would react to 'aliens' arriving, misidentified earthly craft or the real deal...?
  12. Paul_Exeter

Another curious one: "Mr Jones-Pugh interviewed two young men from Dyfed, scene of many sightings, who on a clear night in January 1975 found some cattle they had gone to collect by tracror, huddled in a tight group at the bottom of the field. They saw a light shining through a hedge, which...
  13. Paul_Exeter

There was another Welsh school UFO sighting in 1977 that seems to have gone under the radar (and so did the UFO it would seem): North Wales X Files: UFO spotted over Llandudno Junction primary school Pupils and teacher saw orange and silver object skim the roof of Ysgol Maelgwn "Enquiries...
  14. Paul_Exeter

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

John Oliver Uncovers the Totally Rational Explanations for UFOs "However, Oliver said the government and military have gotten much better at coming forward with rational answers, citing a 2022 Congressional hearing where a Naval intelligence officer explained triangle lights as UV...
  15. Paul_Exeter

Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast)

The 4 minute trailer for Uncanny USA is now on BBC Sounds: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0010x7c/episodes/player ... and the new series kicks off on the 30th. I try to be an optimist and love Danny's work but I can't say I felt enthused.
  16. Paul_Exeter

The Navajo Skinwalker & 'Skinwalker Ranch'

Just as an aside when I was 16 I went on a bit of a hike in Devon to explore some local Tumuli (ancient burial mounds) that were shown on an OS map. Found them in a farmers field and engaged in a little trespass to climb up on them. On leaving I went to check the time and discovered my digital...
  17. Paul_Exeter

The Navajo Skinwalker & 'Skinwalker Ranch'

As an earthlight devotee it would be great to know the location of the valley
  18. Paul_Exeter

The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread

Remember when Alpen came out as was the next big thing. It still astonishes me how much sugar is in cereals like Honey Nut Cornflakes and how even the healthier ones are being smothered in chocolate and yet thanks to the advertising families seem to think they are healthy. Can't stand cereal...
  19. Paul_Exeter

The Vegetarian & Vegan Thread

Bear Grylls is on the same diet after giving up Veganism: Bear Grylls says he's 'embarrassed' that he used to promote being vegan and now doesn't 'go near' vegetables "I've found a counterculture way of living, of embracing red meat and organs — natural food just like our millennia of ancestors...
  20. Paul_Exeter

Creepy Small Villages

Good shout but it was a lot larger than a lantern. Badger baiting is evil to be blunt but I feel that the Cleave is too busy a place with dog walkers at all times of day and night for that sort of activity and it was only about 7pm if I recall correctly. It was at least bonfire size but unlike a...
  21. Paul_Exeter

I've known the sensation after eight pints of cider and a hot curry...
  22. Paul_Exeter

Alien Big Cats ('ABCs')

Blob crosses field and is declared a big cat by expert: https://www.coasttocoastam.com/article/watch-panther-filmed-crossing-field-in-england/ Also here: In those paw prints you can see the claws which to the best of my knowledge means it was a dog as big cats don't leave claw imprints
  23. Paul_Exeter

Spooks On The Tube: Ghosts Of London Underground

So more than one haunting then: Who is the ghost of Covent Garden Underground Station? It then went on to inform readers that:- https://www.haunted-britain.com/the-ghost-of-william-terriss.htm Also @escargot posted this: "I’ll relate my experience and see what you think. Back in the early...
  24. Paul_Exeter

Found this but no station ghost: Ghostly Coffin bearers The legend goes that if you see the coffin bearers, then it is an omen of your imminent death. https://atideswellman.wordpress.com/2005/10/19/shady-lane-great-longstone-ghost/
  25. Paul_Exeter

Many of the old station buildings on former lines are now private houses and I know there have been a few accounts at least of them hearing trains go by (we discussed one case on here). I also know that in Launceston people have claimed to hear the freight train that used to rumble through in...
  26. Paul_Exeter

Great post. In Danny's 'Into The Uncanny' book there ia an account of a teenage girl slipping back through time in her house whilst an archeological dig was taking place in the garden. She saw everything around her was changing to an earlier age and being unfamiliar except for one door which...
  27. Paul_Exeter

Weird IHTM Tales From Reddit & Other Sites

Those same chunky, almost square boots that the Apollo astronauts had been wearing for the moon landings a year earlier https://albinmerle.artstation.com/projects/0XdwYE So, a fantasy, hallucination or hoax based on contemporary space technology at that time, or the witness seeing something...
  28. Paul_Exeter

Most Haunted Places In Your Home Town

Just the ideal place name for a late night, deserted country road UFO encounter. I guess this one will always remain a bit of a mystery and will have root around to see if there have been any other similar events from the area. Yes, you could postulate that there was a power cut and thus the pub...
  29. Paul_Exeter

The Crooked House In Himley: The Pub Where Coins 'Roll Uphill'

I think we need to be honest and accept that back in the 1970s and 1980s there were a huge number of rubbish boozers that relied on a dwindling elderly local crowd for whom going to the pub was every night was second nature and thus made no effort to up their game. I can certainly remember a few...
  30. Paul_Exeter

I love this case, there is even a time-slip element to it: "Kate looked at her watch to check the time as she felt it was strange that the Inn was in darkness so early as it was very popular and she remembers wondering why it had closed so early. The time was 10.10pm"...
  31. Paul_Exeter

Back in 2003 I spent several happy months in the bucolic village of Denbury (several miles outside of Newton Abbot. The village is dominated by a wooded Iron Age hill fort that I climbed up several times: Horse and Rider Location: Denbury Down (Devon) - Woodland in the area Type: Haunting...
  32. Paul_Exeter

I went to a friend's 16th birthday party in the village of Atherington (near Umberleigh in north Devon). The pub had closed but the retired landlady would sell bottles of cider from her front window :) Not fussy about ID either! The Rising Sun at Umberleigh survives by dint of owning the fishing...
  33. Paul_Exeter

Poltergeists

Yet another 1960s case: Plate Smashing Location: Gateshead (Tyne and Wear) - Bronte Street, unknown house Type: Poltergeist Date / Time: 03 November 1963 - January 1964 Further Comments: Poltergeist disruption in a council house here was said to be so bad that the tenant finally fled after...
  34. Paul_Exeter

Poltergeists

Renovations triggering poltergeist activity is a common theme; Stalking Box Location: Frome (Somerset) - Private residence (no longer standing), Oakfield Road Type: Poltergeist Date / Time: 22 February 1963 Further Comments: Two men working on the demolition of a row of cottages walked through...
  35. Paul_Exeter

Haunted Pubs / Pub Hauntings

Very haunted or desperate for custom? Fisherman Location: Weymouth (Dorset) - Golden Lion Hotel Type: Haunting Manifestation Date / Time: 2023 Further Comments: A total of five ghosts are reputed to haunt the hotel; a fisherman who stands at the bar, two ladies who roam the landings, and...
  36. Paul_Exeter

Poltergeists

Might have to go and investigate this myself: Tapping Location: Veryan Green (Cornwall) - Unidentified property Type: Haunting Manifestation Date / Time: 2024 Further Comments: Knocks and taps have been heard in the house and a figure seen in windows...
  37. Paul_Exeter

Poltergeists

Another older one but with some provenance: Cold Water Location: Sunderland (Tyne and Wear) - Private residence, General Havelock Road Type: Poltergeist Date / Time: February - April 1957 Further Comments: Adults living at this property were subjected to prodding and the sensation of icy water...
  38. Paul_Exeter

Poltergeists

This case from the 1960s might warrant further investigation: Coal Throwing Location: Plymouth (Devon) - Unnamed residence, Clifton Place Type: Poltergeist Date / Time: April - May 1964 Further Comments: Three flats were subjected to poltergeist damage. One set of occupants slept away from...
  39. Paul_Exeter

SETI (Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence): Compendium / Miscellaneous

Here's How Scientists Might Detect Alien Life For The First Time in a Nearby Moon https://www.sciencealert.com/heres-how-scientists-might-detect-alien-life-for-the-first-time-in-a-nearby-moon
  40. Paul_Exeter

SETI (Search For Extraterrestrial Intelligence): Compendium / Miscellaneous

A sobering thought that puts some of the hype into perspective: "As Seth Shostak, senior astronomer for the SETI Institute, has said: "The search for intelligence has barely begun, and the search could take generations."...
  41. Paul_Exeter

A lot of villages now have clubs that are usually associated with sport (eg football or cricket) and offer cheaper drinks than pubs and all the sport on big screen tv etc. They seem to have replaced the local pub in being a community venue and host community events with barbecues etc. Often...
  42. Paul_Exeter

Jericho Valley: Cornwall's Alleged Dog King Cult

Apparently they gave the nearby house they owned a Hebrew name, dressed in robes etc. We don't know if they liked pasties and resented second home owners, though.
  43. Paul_Exeter

Why Haven't Aliens Contacted Us Yet? (Fermi Paradox)

Purple bacteria could be key to finding extraterrestrial life on exoplanets On many exoplanets, the best clue that life is present may be a purple hue. New research into some of Earth's most extreme bacteria explains why...
  44. Paul_Exeter

U.S. Military: UFO Investigations, Knowledge & Disclosure

SETI chief says US has no evidence for alien technology. 'And we never have' "The idea that the government is keeping something like this secret is just totally absurd. There's no motivation to do so." https://www.space.com/seti-chief-bill-diamond-ufos-alien-visitation
  45. Paul_Exeter

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

I saw what looked like lens flare at about 05.40 after launch?
  46. Paul_Exeter

Think I found the ring of trees close to a big house on Google maps near the head of the valley. But to be honest although the graveyard seems real the primary witness in the MU podcast is a bit ropey and the other Fortean events within the podcast are of more interest to me. Coincidently, back...
  47. Paul_Exeter

This website has a lot more detail and photos: "13/08/19 This one was mentioned to me by a childhood friend of my Dad. By far the hardest to research of all the local spots. Supposedly a burial ground of a sacred dog, there were rumours of a home movie from the late 1950s to early 1960s...
  48. Paul_Exeter

Fascinating new episode of the 'Mysterious Universe' podcast made all the more intriguing for me as it all happened about seven miles from where I'm typing this: 31.15 - MU Podcast - Gengha King of Dogs "Strange things are said to lurk in the seaside mist of England's Cornwall—strange...
  49. Paul_Exeter

The Loch Ness Monster

Tiny object photographed in Loch Ness; "New Loch Ness Monster sighting branded ‘compelling evidence’ by experts after tourist’s ‘lucky’ photo" https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/12485637/loch-ness-monster-sighting-urquhart-castle-nessie/
  50. Paul_Exeter

Uncanny (BBC Programme / Podcast)

I think I should make the distinction between hearing footsteps and dust falling through the floorboards and the actaual window being opened so that someone can climb out. The former is spooky and something to tell your friends down the pub whereas the latter is essentially an intruder in your...
Back