• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. Jape89

On the Track of Orang-Pendek

Have you personally seen much to enbolden the hypothesis m'lud? Tracks etc? I must admit I find orang-pendek one of the stronger hominid cryptids due to the untapped nature of Indonesia and all the native beliefs but its always interesting to hear first hand.
  2. Jape89

Bigfoot / Sasquatch In North America

Very interesting m'lud, he raises some interesting points without conjecture and though aware of the Skunk Ape legend I've never looked into it. I noted he mentioned the photos being developed several weeks after the sighting, seems pretty laid back behaviour if you don't want to directly...
  3. Jape89

Dragons: Evidence They Existed

Very interesting but the faux-Oxbridge accent is quite distracting
  4. Jape89

Immigrant Folklore in Britain

Good point escargot, I think I will. I just assumed there must be some stuff online but if not why not do yourself, eh?
  5. Jape89

Google Knows All

Very true though most people most of the time are buying things for themselves. I had a similar incident - was living in Paris very briefly and got collared by a security guard in a supermarket, literally he grabbed me by the scruff of the neck, big bugger too, he talked too fast for my basic...
  6. Jape89

Immigrant Folklore in Britain

Question that's been sitting in the back of my mind for some time while reading about British folklore and urban legends over the years and particularly the more modern ones: what such things have groups of modern immigrants (West Indians, South Asians, Eastern Europeans) brought with them to...
  7. Jape89

Hoaxes & Pranks

Maybe tasteless but thank you for allowing me to return to this, I'd forgotten all about it. That one image has made me laugh out loud for about five minutes now.
  8. Jape89

Jack The Ripper (Compendium Thread)

Jesus. Brandreth is one of those respectable nano-celebrities I'm well aware of but had to google to remember his face. I write Victorian fan fiction about a Doyle-Wilde team up and Oscar lived near a doctor who died around the time the murders stopped so he did it because Jack used a knife...
  9. Jape89

Black Skies Thinking: U.S. Lunar Bases & The Ruskies

This is fascinating, and I do love the wierdly optimistic yet horrfiyingly casual nature of the report. From Page 138 (Image 27 of Yithin's link): Considering weapons beyond the 1965-66 time period it would be wise to investigate the "death ray" since this weapon would not only be effective...
  10. Jape89

The Great Saucer Invasion: The Day Six 'Spaceships' Landed in England

False Flag Ram! False Flag! TBF, many military personnel have said in print and on film they had encounters with UFOs (most sticking to the literal definition). Often this testimony is put into media about secretive bodies murdering and silencing exposers of the truth which.... doesn't make...
  11. Jape89

Time Travel Suggested / Ascribed To Explain OOPArts & Other Odd Evidence

Bit younger but I still do this with hands-free stuff, I keep jumping because I'll be walking near someone and they just starting chatting to no one. In a society without mobile phones that kind of behaviour would be very noticable, also the people in these photos are almost always clearly in a...
  12. Jape89

Strange Coincidences?

Friend and I got each other the same 'hand made' joke Christmas present - a rare photo of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore. Though Simpsons fans, it was not a hot topic between us at the time. We were chuffed by the coincidence but his Dad, a lovely but impressively grumpy man explained it...
  13. Jape89

The Friend Who Wasn't There

I remember being a successful writer with a beautiful wife in a nice house. But here I am in my poxy flat sitting in my pants. *shakes fist* Mandela!
  14. Jape89

Bricks, Dung, Sharks & Unmade Beds: The World Of 'Modern Art'

I quite like that actually but as with a lot of such art, its form doesn't match up to its message - it could just as easily be a bit of fun from a mechanics student. Recently I saw something up for the Turner prize which was footage of a man dressed as a monkey wandering around a German...
  15. Jape89

9/11: The September 11th Attacks

And this ironmonger is on the Illuminati payroll!
  16. Jape89

Alientology

I've never come across a suitable term but this sort of thinking is literal "humanism" (homo sapien-ism?) despite the alien trappings. Everyone is entitled to their beliefs and ultimately my objection with the OP is philosophical, certainly not saying he is wrong because it can't be proven. I...
  17. Jape89

Evidence Proving The Validity Of Astrology

The personal experience meaning something is a dodgy road (though I am intrigued my your envelope Ermintruder). Personal example: First half of this year was awful; deaths, creative stagnation, medical problems, loss of job due to cuts etc. Yet since June, I've had a ridiculous amount of luck...
  18. Jape89

Franklin Expedition: Disappearance; Discoveries; Conspiracy?

Ah thanks for the clarification
  19. Jape89

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

I remember thinking of Blue Riband chocolate bars as Blue Ribbon bars when I was a child, as the wrapper was blue with a picture of a ribbon on it. Then I read 'Blue Riband' and went "whoa!". My Dad quickly pointed out I was a small child with limited grammar and did not know about the famous...
  20. Jape89

Franklin Expedition: Disappearance; Discoveries; Conspiracy?

Very interesting article EG - I've always found the lead poisoning theory a bit odd - Napoleon took tinned food into Russia in 1812, it wasn't some experimental things at the time of the Franklin Expedition. Surely the lead issue would have been raised by other expeditions that came home?
  21. Jape89

Tales Of A Flat Earth

The pro wrestler AJ Styles, arguably the current king of his profession has been quietly known for his Fundy Christian views for a while. Recently on a post-show interview (normally very cosy, on-brand stuff) he got called out on being a Flat Earther.
  22. Jape89

Diana Death Conspiracy?

Post death though obviously Doesn't really fit the conspiracy though, surely a slick media campaign would be waiting in the wings. Also y'know the woman's bereaved kids were up in Balmoral with her, their grandmother. Regardless of public annoyance its hardly shifty behaviour. She is the...
  23. Jape89

Alex Jones

Piers Morgan is aka for 'pr*ck' in certain British circles, an easy go-to for comedian etc. Anyway Alex Jones - he is certainly entertaining up to a point. I remember watching his live Youtube feed during the US election night and whoa boy did he come out with some crackers. Also he takes...
  24. Jape89

South Korea

China has one prime reason for not wanting the DPRK to implode - the gargantuan humanitarian crisis that would follow. Beijing is no more impressed by the Kims than anyone else I imagine but keeping them propped up means they don't have to deal with millions of starving refugees. If China won't...
  25. Jape89

The Beast Of Gévaudan

That Nat Geo article is interesting - I'd always heard (second hand) the attacks varied greatly but according to Linnell there is a strong pattern during the period in question. Any more educated folk care to weigh in on that one? One thing I'm very skeptical about however is the "shot many...
Back