• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The Great Saucer Invasion: The Day Six 'Spaceships' Landed in England

Nemo

Go away, leave me alone, nemo is home
The great saucer invasion: The day six 'spaceships' landed in England

They had big metal domes, emitted a strange, ominous hum and appeared one morning in a straight line across southern England. For a few hours, members of the public, police and the Army really believed alien spaceships had landed - until it was revealed to be a stunt by students. But how was the hoax so successful?

The apparently extra-terrestrial vessels prompted a major police and military response, witnessed by Ray Seager who was with other children playing outside when one of the six saucers was found in the Isle of Sheppey on 4 September 1967. (c) BBC 2017

(Is there a thread that this could be slipped into?)

I remember this, even though I was very young at the time. My parents don't remember this fake saucer event at all.
According to that account, one of the fake saucers was left in my home town (Ascot), but I kinda 'remember' it being somewhere else (Feltham). I'd love to know where in Ascot they left it.

I to remember this though living in the North the places did not mean a lot,
one thing though if the authorities did in fact believe they were real and were
prepared to acknowledge the landings does it not call into question the supposed
secrecy by the government around other sightings?

I to remember this though living in the North the places did not mean a lot,
one thing though if the authorities did in fact believe they were real and were
prepared to acknowledge the landings does it not call into question the supposed
secrecy by the government around other sightings?

False Flag Ram! False Flag!

TBF, many military personnel have said in print and on film they had encounters with UFOs (most sticking to the literal definition). Often this testimony is put into media about secretive bodies murdering and silencing exposers of the truth which.... doesn't make sense. Nevermind the supposed insiders of legitimate background who state flatly they have seen alien bodies/ships/tech and yet survive unscathed.

A friend once told me that if he had the presence of mind to press the gun camera button
on the Meteor he was flying there would have been undeniable proof, that supposes
he managed to keep hold of the film.

Cool.

Is that a known 'incident' RaM ? i.e. did your friend bother to report it and is it lookupable?

No not reported so unknown.

A friend once told me that if he had the presence of mind to press the gun camera button
on the Meteor he was flying there would have been undeniable proof, that supposes
he managed to keep hold of the film.
Please tell us more. Interested now.

Some interesting ones there many I have not seen before, but don't recognize the one
I was told of as far as I can remember it was post war a single seater and he was
alown above cloud and the thing came head on passed and was gone.
It was 50 years ago only reason I remember it was a few weeks back someone I
know mentioned a mates dad and it sounds like the same person.

I remember seeing this on the news, and in my Dad's paper I'd have been about 12.
Those were the days when people put a bit of an effort in to hoaxes!

Don't think I have ever read of this one. Are there any newspaper accounts or book pages about it?

Back