• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. RaM

Baltimore Bridge Accident

Bet there’s a few lawyers licking their lips
  2. RaM

The Crooked House In Himley: The Pub Where Coins 'Roll Uphill'

Thirty or forty years ago I would call at the pub at the end of the st were we lived and it was rare to see anyone else in there, I did wonder if they made enough to pay the electric bill for the one 40W bulb that lit the bar.
  3. RaM

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

This not sure what it is but I dont think it's lens flare.
  4. RaM

Our local looked to be going the same way but new tenant's moved in about 12 month back and it seems to be going from strength to strength, they are putting a lot of effort in and are doing well. :beer:
  5. RaM

UFOs: Seen One? Personal UFO Sightings (IHTM; Miscellaneous)

If you look at the latest SpaceX launch around 5 min in and in veue on one of the second stage cams till the end there's a object to the left of the rocket motor, it cant be one of the faring halves as they were jettisoned much earlier I dont think it's the first stage as it is on it's way back...
  6. RaM

And another one bites the dust. :omr:
  7. RaM

Corpse Mishandling

They shouldn’t really get other people’s ashes with all the rules but I am not convinced in this case, some bodies were being aloud to get into a very decomposed state so not just to do with ashes.
  8. RaM

Weird Weather

Project Cumulus was a early UK effort believed by many to be responsible for the Lynmouth flood of 15 Aug 1952 when over 30 people lost their lives. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Cumulus#:~:text=Project%20Cumulus%20was%20a%201950s,operational%20between%201949%20and%201952.
  9. RaM

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Hire him get him to sign the act, job done. :omr:
  10. RaM

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

I think I Am right in that any Harriers held by BA systems or any company RR maybe would still be owned by the MOD and as such any flight would have to be approved by the MOD and logged.
  11. RaM

The Loch Ness Monster

The Angels share is reckoned to be about 110,000,000 liters of whisky, a year it has to go somewhere, Loch Ness is likely 70% by volume, Nessi is a rumor put about to keep the Sassenach's from finding out. But I do hope there's something to the legend.
  12. RaM

Fortean Flotsam: Odd Objects Washed Ashore

A few years back we were seeing lots of white objects washed up, turned out to be white painted cucumbers, I kid you not, they had been used to check on flow and currents in the area and cucumbers were used as they floated and bio degraded so were ideal and cheap. :dunno:
  13. RaM

Strange Falls & Rains Of Objects & Substances

Looks like a broken tooth of a excavator bucket.
  14. RaM

Stenches & Stinks: Foul Odors & Smells (IHTM)

Used to travel the Pillsworth road a lot many years back, never smelt the stink but one foggy evening just were the road bends right after what is now Asda but then the Air Ministry site I came across a RAF Hillman Husky security car, it was sitting door open engine ticking over across the road...
  15. RaM

Home-Security Video Devices: Privacy & Legal Issues

Wonder if they were out reach workers and they had brought the stuff from a client and dumping the stuff in your bin as it was closer than the care home, no excuse though.
  16. RaM

Strange Falls & Rains Of Objects & Substances

Interesting we often get lumps of a brown jelly like substance round here it disappears after a few days not a clue as to what it is probably a inch or so across must have a closer look
  17. RaM

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

Carpets are for wimps, now coconut matting that was another matter. :omr:
  18. RaM

Strange Deaths

A bit of a old cold case, Bashall Eaves a small village not far from Clithero in the forrest of Boland was the seen of a murder that as never been solved, known as "The Village that never told" the killer is still unknown...
  19. RaM

Conspiracy Theorists Think The Eclipse Will Begin A 'Massive Human Sacrifice Event'

Nothing to see here tonight to much cloud
  20. RaM

Here's a conspiracy theory about the conspiracy theorists, I think in many cases they are out to cause harm to those gullible enough to believe what they say. :omr:
  21. RaM

Weird Weather

Some US states according to news are trying to ban weather modification, are they realising that screwing with nature is not a good thing?
  22. RaM

Weird Weather

Some guy on local radio a few days back claimed we have had 5.2 ft 1584.96 mm for the last 2 years, everything is so sodden that a small amount of rain is all it takes to flood many roads.
  23. RaM

You never know sun's pretty bright. Don't look good here but will still have a look.
  24. RaM

Coincidences

I have only spoken to the village window cleaner twice once about 10 years back and tonight, both times to tell him his car had been hit on the club car park, not by me by the way, he will be thinking I am a harbinger of doom
  25. RaM

Ridiculous Accidents

Sounds like you have the short straw
  26. RaM

Corpse Mishandling

I doubt anyone getting anything but a mixture back to be honest.
  27. RaM

RMS Titanic: Theories, Exploration & Madness!

Thing is that if one ore two compartments flooded it would not have pulled her head down enough to food over into the next compartment and she would have stayed afloat, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. :dunno:
  28. RaM

RMS Titanic: Theories, Exploration & Madness!

Speed sold tickets, and bunker fires not unknown, the answer was to use that bunker first and chuck the burning coal straight into the boilers. If they had plowed straight into the burg then maybe one or two compartments would have flooded and the ship stayed afloat, were has with the glancing...
  29. RaM

Coincidences

Yep we suffer from 3 inch sparrows with 4 inch ass holes. not only that they seem to have a accuracy that would make a bomber pilot envious. :omr::sstorm:
  30. RaM

Baltimore Bridge Accident

Once power is lost the rudder looses most of it's authority even if it is still obeying the helm, yes that turn you can see on the vid is a very severe change of direction for a 95,000 ton ship but I suspect they dropped one of the anchors in a attempt to stop the ship but it puller her head...
  31. RaM

Owners of the crooked house pub have appealed against rebuild order. https://www.itv.com/news/central/2024-03-27/owners-of-crooked-house-pub-appeal-against-rebuild-order
  32. RaM

The Abolition Of Cash

It seems that Chinees Hackers have had access to at least some government systems for over a year. https://www.itv.com/news/2024-03-25/uk-government-china-cyber-interference-cyber-attacks
  33. RaM

Aviation & Airport Ghosts

RNS Inskip not far from here was a naval air station during ww11, two men are sometimes seen walking on the main runway, it is thought they may be the ghosts of the crew of a Swordfish that crashed there after a alternator fire.
  34. RaM

The Moscow Concert Hall Attack

Who knows, I have a suspicion that Russia was behind the Palestinian attack on Israel, to give the west something else to take their minds of the Ukraine. :dunno:
  35. RaM

The Abolition Of Cash

Talk Talks web site is down at the moment, showing "All our systems are down at the moment."
  36. RaM

Manchester Canal: Corpse Repository?

It's over 30 years since I had to set foot in Manchester so things may have changed for better or worse, but later in the day and just off the main st's you would come across people absolutely wrecked by substance abuse often drinking methylated spirit or anything they could get their hands on...
  37. RaM

Meteors & Meteoric Fireballs (Observed Aloft)

Just seen a very bright one travelling south over the Fylde coast
  38. RaM

The Abolition Of Cash

A bit from ITV news https://www.itv.com/news/2024-03-20/why-have-it-outages-affected-mcdonalds-tesco-sainsburys-and-greggs
  39. RaM

The Abolition Of Cash

They would fix that vulnerability then the hackers would start again looking for another way in, and so it goes on. The government may fine them under data protection but the customers end up with the sticky end of the stick and having to pay the fine through higher prices to boot.
  40. RaM

The Abolition Of Cash

They are always kept from use if the general public knew what is going on thay would loose confidence in the system. the blind faith many have is touching but misplaced. :omr:
  41. RaM

The Abolition Of Cash

It's affecting pie shops now that's just not on, I am wondering if this is a bad software update on the servers or some kind of attack, I am always suspicious when normally reliable robust and secure systems start to have problems. :dunno: The two most likely things to bring the UK to it's...
  42. RaM

Canal Ghosts & Water-Wights By Nick Ford (2023)

Yep those staircase locks have wrecked many a happy marriage. :omr:
  43. RaM

Something telling you something, some things are just not meant to be. :omg:
  44. RaM

Strange Crimes

Hampshire seems to be a hot bed for this sort of thing, https://www.itv.com/news/meridian/2024-03-17/burnt-out-vehicle-found-after-dead-animals-dumped-at-community-shop...
  45. RaM

Not Meteors, So What Are Those Moving Star-Like Objects In The Night's Sky?

Elon Musk was likely still swimming about in his father's wedding tackle when I had my sighting. quite a few aircraft could fly very high, the EE Lightning could get to over 80,000 ft and some of the V bombers 50/55,000 but I doubt any could maneuver like they did.
  46. RaM

Not Meteors, So What Are Those Moving Star-Like Objects In The Night's Sky?

I've seen two like that, one in the 60's one 70's both were just a tint dot of light and tracked from west to east we thought they were satellites till they did a 180 and went back the way they came.
  47. RaM

The Abolition Of Cash

A friend runs a web game and the servers for that went down for about 4 hours two or 3 days ago, server company are a bit shy of saying exactly why. :dunno:
  48. RaM

Anything in it about the Leeds Liverpool were it passes behind Rufford Old Hall ?
  49. RaM

Mysterious 10-Foot Monolith Pops Up On Welsh Hill

People round here just seemed to ignore it.
Back