• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. gellatly68

Sense Of Foreboding

I felt that this didn't quite fit into the 'Premonitions' Thread, but Mods feel free to move this if necessary. My parents went on holiday at the beginning of April - a nice little jaunt with friends, a villa and oodles of golf. As they're both active retirees with a lively social scene -...
  2. gellatly68

Places Where Birds Don't Go Or Gather

I was inspired to start this by reading Escargot's entry on the Auschwitz topic on the Ghosts thread. Are there any areas where birds don't ever seem to be seen or heard? I nominate Wayland's Smithy, near the Uffington White Horse: I've been there several times, in all seasons, and never once...
  3. gellatly68

Credospheres

Just found this: While it's not exactly Fortean in and of itself, it could be a way of understanding Fortean reactions in people. What do you think? source
  4. gellatly68

making someone pee

I once heard that if you put a sleeping person's left hand into cold water, they will pee themselves. Is this true?
  5. gellatly68

Electrocuted When Pissing (Third Rails: Electric Fences)

This sounds like a UL to me, but could anyone enlighten me further? I heard about this in 1997. I'm not sure exactly where it took place - possibly Manchester/Liverpool and thereabouts. A tramp was found dead near some railtracks. There was no immediately apparent cause of death. One...
  6. gellatly68

the trucker and the cat

OK, this may or may not be true. I heard it from a friend of mine ages ago, when he worked for a trucking company. It goes like this... My friend's friend was a trucker. One night, he was driving back to base along the twisty country lanes outside Reading. It was dark, and there was no street...
  7. gellatly68

Crossroads Spirit

I'd like to relate this tale. It didn't happen to me, fortunately! The only reason I paid notoce to this tale is because the guy who related it is a thoroughly bluff, no-nonsense Northerner who wouldn't make stuff like this up. Andy, to give him his name, and his friends had been out on the...
Back