• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. D

Railway Lights

Quite recently I was chatting to a chap who was a train driver back in the 70’s and 80’s. Rather than passenger trains, he predominantly drove freight trains and specifically coal trains. His job was to collect coal from pits in the North of England and take it down to ports in the South of...
  2. D

Burtons Ghost?

This is a tale shared with me by the Father of a friend that might be interesting. Back in the early 70’s his best friend at the time called Jim joined the police force in Hull, East Yorkshire. One winters evening after he’d been in the job around 6 months, Jim and a Sergeant were patrolling...
  3. D

Timeslip In My Mind?

Hi Everyone, A quite strange occurrence has literally happened to me this morning that has driven me to sign up to the forum and share with you. Whilst perhaps not as incredible as some posts, it's certainly had an effect on me. I'm currently sat at my desk at home working on a report for my...
Back