• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. packshaud

Looking For Article Index Of Fortean Studies 7

I'm aware of Dr. Karl Shuker's post that features the back cover of Fortean Studies 7 (FS7), at https://karlshuker.blogspot.com/2022/12/presenting-full-contents-for-fortean.html -- but the names of the authors are not associated with the articles. It would be useful to me to have a scan -- or...
  2. packshaud

What Is The Oldest Reference To The Catlike Lyran Extraterrestrials?

Title says all. Through a Wikipedia binge, I found a book called The Wanderer, written by Fritz Leiber and published in 1964. This book mentions catlike extraterrestrials, and I'm wondering if it helped to create Lyrans (the botched report of Kenneth Arnold's UFO sighting, published by...
  3. packshaud

Page Count Of Fortean Times Lowered

So, it seems that inflation took another bite. The magazine is now with two sheets less, for a total of eight pages removed.
  4. packshaud

The Cerebellum: What Is Its Role Or Purpose?

This initial post has been spun off from: UFO Diversity: Different Types / Shapes Seen Over The Years https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/ufo-diversity-different-types-shapes-seen-over-the-years.417/ Modern science has a bias of ignoring phenomena for which a mechanism that enables...
  5. packshaud

Trinity Crash (New Mexico; Padilla Ranch; August 1945)

So, the release of this book came to my knowledge (it's on Amazon): I didn't know Vallée is now on the ETH side of the UFO debate. Since it is disclosure time, here is mine: I didn't read it, I won't read it, but this cover is enough to base my review on: Now with the review out of the...
  6. packshaud

Dover Demon

Edit: I just found a Loren Coleman mentioning this subject before: http://cryptomundo.com/cryptozoo-news/dd-1893/ ------------------ This came to my attention through a certain horrible site, not worth mentioning. Anyway... case closed, I guess?
  7. packshaud

Loren Coleman's Curious Encounters (1989 Edition)

I am considering purchase of Loren Coleman's Curious Encounters, but there is a problem. Mr. Coleman's books often are major rewrites. The first edition was published in 1985. In 1986, a reprint was published, using a different cover. I know, because I found photos of the copyright pages...
  8. packshaud

Selkies & Feminicide

Selkies are a kind of shapeshifter that are seals, and become human-like when removing their skins. They can be bound to a person if this skin is hidden. A typical story is of a man that finds a female selkie on a beach, and hides her skin to capture her as his wife. Eventually, the selkie...
  9. packshaud

In Which Issue Did The 'Fairies, Folklore and Forteana' Column Start?

The title says it all, I guess. I found it at least in Fortean Times 321 p. 25 (an edition with The Fairy Investigation Society on the cover), but it was not on the index. So, I am wondering if there are older ones.
Back