• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

Latest Reports Of UFO Sightings

Looking at this a bit closer - notice the brighter (light reflecting) spot on it's corner edge! I believe I've come across this shape before - years ago, and it's more representative of this shape. . .
  2. S

I believe your right - but is it man? Or is it dummy with some sort of rig on it's back?
  3. S

Forteanism, Childhood & Curiosity

Well, when you think about it, science & history covers just about every subject under the Sun - so no-one person can really 'ignore' it when it's everything!
  4. S

Ageing & Growing Old

He's certainly had a memorable life!
  5. S

Maybe this is because she has not found any 'need-to-know' ~ as yet, although I guess life will rear the inevitable questions which in turn will raise questions, which will require some form of scientific answer somewhere along her life's journey!
  6. S

The Navajo Skinwalker & 'Skinwalker Ranch'

I believe it's a bit of another unknown subject. Although sometimes orb's do seem to appear when UAP's are about, or so I believe according to what is shown to us.
  7. S

Fortean Cartoons

How true!
  8. S

Just reminded me of one that I encountered when I was studying C.A.D. and other software. I was looking at my terminal screen in the computer suite (as they called it back then), and my attention was drawn away by a bright light which seemed to come through one of the very large windows in the...
  9. S

Cotswolds.
  10. S

I've had two occasions of observing orbs purely by chance. (Burnt into my memory!) First time, was overhead - where I live, one orange orb due south over Warminster, heading in zig-zag moves towards me at distance, then it seemed to disappear. I turned to come back inside my house (as I was out...
  11. S

As #1,226 (above)
  12. S

Might possibly be something akin to this which has recently been 'located' on the Moon. . . Check out post; #209 posted under - 'Moon Exploration: Manned Missions & Moon Bases?'
  13. S

Ah! Flat footed eh?
  14. S

The Loch Ness Monster

What makes me think what were looking at is a Cormorant? They do have that Knape on their black necks.
  15. S

Giants (Non-Biblical): Mythical, Legendary & Historical

Came across this interesting video on Giant people this morning. . .
  16. S

Moon Exploration: Manned Missions & Moon Bases

Seems like they've stumbled across something far more interesting than Green-Cheese! https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/techandscience/scientists-discover-gigantic-structure-under-the-surface-of-the-moon/ar-AA1aSIS8
  17. S

The Mandela Effect: False Memory

Is it honing, or homing? Or is there a distinct difference between the two? https://usdictionary.com/idioms/honing-in/ https://www.merriam-webster.com/grammar/home-in-or-hone-in Seems like you can use either-or?
  18. S

The Loch Ness Monster

Cormorant perhaps?
  19. S

Oh no. . . sneeriously!:hahazebs:
  20. S

Stone Circles Of Modern Origin

An interesting, if a little eccentric life time of this Gentleman. . . https://www.peoplescollection.wales/items/7010#?xywh=-805%2C-7%2C2425%2C1111
  21. S

That's probably called 'progressive language!'
  22. S

Have you been there then?
  23. S

Tech Help (Beyond This Forum)

:friends:
  24. S

The Loch Ness Monster

In my day, we knew it as Poolewe Gardens.
  25. S

Oh, I thought that would have opened up - but it hasn't. This should do the trick: To remove **HotCleaner** from your Windows 8.1 system, follow these steps: 1. **Uninstall HotCleaner**: - Click on the **Start** button and select **Control Panel**. - Navigate to **Programs & Features**...
  26. S

Had a look online and found this which might aid getting the job done: https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?&id=OVP.Uli_Dx1KZtefP6IpfPXAPAEsDh&w=528&h=298&c=7&pid=1.7&rs=1
  27. S

The Optical Illusions Thread

The Imacular Conception of course?
  28. S

:thought: I'm wondering now why people would erect this 'modern' stone circle?
  29. S

Local & Dialect Words

Doughboys & Dumpling's. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumpling
  30. S

That's very true!
  31. S

Rather odd that I came across your post today 'Salmonellus,' as for the last few day's, I've been trying to fatham out why on earth would the builders of Stonehenge have bothered with making, then lifting all those heavy 'cap stones' to top of the henge stones? Surely, with the tonnage of each...
  32. S

The Loch Ness Monster

I would imagine that they would have more of the necessary technical gear, and capability to discover further insights into the loch, and it's secrets maybe?
  33. S

Local & Dialect Words

Maybe 'Homepride Man' - 1964 might have been the forerunner of doughboy? :bthumbup:
  34. S

The Loch Ness Monster

Yes, resolution & size and shape too! It certainly could be anything at all from a bit of floating log ~ to a duck! Oh. . . but hang on a minute - it's an article from, 'The Sun!' M'mm, well, in that case, maybe it is the Loch Ness Monster after all then! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
  35. S

The Loch Ness Monster

['every time it ends up as disappointment. Bit like Scotland itself really.'] "Poor comment" 'Analogueboy' ~ unless your talking about a particular thing - maybe you should explain better? Could understand your comment if it only referred to the Loch Ness Monster, it's the additional remark that...
  36. S

Local & Dialect Words

*Me neither!* As sometimes bad things come in 'trees!'
  37. S

Local & Dialect Words

From ~ 'Here we go round the Bramble Bush' - wrongly altered, as Mulberries do not grow on Bushes! :dunno::)
  38. S

Local & Dialect Words

Found this section in Wikipedia, which mentions ~ The origins of the term are unclear, though it was in wide circulation a century earlier in Britain & America - with different meanings. Admiral Nelson and the Duke of Wellington's soldiers in Spain were both familiar with fried dumplings called...
  39. S

'P' requires an initial slightly higher initial (burst) amount of air (sound) pressure, (push from the lungs & mouth) whereas 'B' doesn't need as much.
  40. S

Very cleverly done, I 'imagine' what the artist is doing is putting on a blank band around the finger, which leaves her with a blank canvas to add the artistic elements to the visual image?
  41. S

Great Quotations

"Very Apt!" Like it :bump: And also very novel!
  42. S

Local & Dialect Words

I know that Doughboy's is certainly the term used in Scotland - cos we used to 'ave em!
  43. S

The Cloud Appreciation Society: Rare & Unusual Formations

Link is here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelvin–Helmholtz_instability Found some further interesting info on this formation ~ more than I realised! https://www.sott.net/article/297007-Breaking-wave-cloud-formations-disturb-Earths-magnetic-field-surprisingly-often-say-scientists
  44. S

The Cloud Appreciation Society: Rare & Unusual Formations

Took this pic' tonight - chilly wind coming down from the North, otherwise a pleasant day, spotted this bit of an unusual saw-tooth topped cloud stream running North to South. . . *Pigeon is extra:
  45. S

Certainly looks like she sure is. . . it's either Tabasco; Sriracha Louisiana Hot Sauce, or maybe a ~ nice splash of Caribbean Mustard Hot Sauce straight from the Hip Bottle! "Pow!" :)
  46. S

I can't remember ever 'enunciating' ~ though, saying that, I did pay a couple of visits to Churches last year!:huh:
  47. S

Maybe that's her name 'Two Belts Stacey' when the Pizza's get cold before serving? Once again it's far easier to see when you 'eye' it in much smaller Pizzas!
  48. S

Me too? Maybe it was before I learnt to read ~ proper-like!:wink2:
  49. S

Another thing I've thought about with the absence of Kevin Russell, is, wouldn't he (like anyone else would) relay his experience with other staff at the Hotel?
  50. S

Expressing Measurements Via Analogies & Comparisons

Probably an adult Giraffe. . . by a neck!
Back