• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. G

Hidden Rooms / Secret Rooms & Spaces

I was watching a real estate show recently about finding interesting things in older homes. One family had discovered a very small hidden room, and they could not figure out what it may have been used for. Eventually a senior member of the community tactfully informed them that the room they...
  2. G

The Dog That Turned Into Green Mist, Cows Standing On Hind Legs & Other Cases Of Gibbering Insanity

Oi. I have to say those stickmen of whatever colour seem to be too prevalent for my liking. There are too many diverse accounts of encounters with these beings to brush them aside as imagined. Given that I am already afraid of stick insects, I hope to god never to encounter a stick-like man!
  3. G

Man who had sex with bike in court

Seriously though, has anyone investigated whether this could be a set up? Could the bike have behaved provocatively in order to provoke the act? Could the bike and the cleaners have planned to catch him all along? Has the previous sexual history of the bike been considered? Yes I am ashamed...
  4. G

Man who had sex with bike in court

I only hope they get psychological counselling for the bike. It may never trust a rider again.
  5. G

car alarm oddity

I'm from the caribbean actually, a former British colony, so we use the British spelling. (I find the American spelling quite shocking at times, lol) Yes I do leave my keys in the ignition. Quiet area, everyone knows everyone else, everyone does it. Mind you, car thefts have been on the rise...
  6. G

car alarm oddity

No military base or antennae around me. I've waited to see if it would happen again but it hasn't. Quite odd. Nothing else has gone wrong. I'm left with the someone else's transmitter affecting my car theory. Otherwise I just don't know what happened.
  7. G

Looking for ideas (fortean type hobby wanted)

I somehow groggily misread the subject as "fortean type hubby wanted" and thought - that's a great idea, I want one too. Then I thought - wait, would that be like marrying bigfoot or something? Maybe I need a psychologist after all.
  8. G

car alarm oddity

Yesterday I was sitting in the front porch reading, and my car was parked nearby. The key was in the ignition as always but totally switched off. Suddenly, I heard the car alarm beep on, and the car doors lock. I was startled as the only way to activate the alarm is to manually press the alarm...
  9. G

Scully and Mulder return!

I'm with you all the way on those comments
  10. G

Nursery Rhymes

Well I am an unashamed lover of nursery rhymes and folklore stories. I love the insight they give into the history and mindset of the people of times gone by. Lately I've read mother goose stories which I got off the Project Gutenberg website. The vaguely familiar and all but forgotten rhymes...
  11. G

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

Awww. That is so adorable. I love this thread. :)
  12. G

Love At First Sight (Kinda)

Ain't that just like a man. :roll: Sorry. :(
  13. G

Dog-Headed Men (Cynocephali)

Ha ha :lol: . I just like the way that was put. It's a really good question though.
  14. G

Friday The 13th

Friday the 13th this year found me at a fantastic party, having a great time dancing, getting singled out by the gorgeous entertainer on stage, being handed a souvenir scarf by him, which he subsequently autographed while pressing it against my back, and being given a tight hug and kiss on the...
  15. G

Strange Statues & Sculptures

I found these ones most disturbing. They just seem ...unnecessary. Woman sucked into floor upside down horse, urinating mummy, giant black babies? Freemont Troll *shudder* pasty face and pointing hand of drowned body Giant square head - why? Virgin mother - horror! last four photos -...
  16. G

The X-Files

I love the X-Files. I miss it dearly. Until the seasons after the movie it was the best thing on earth to me. Television will never be as good again in my expectation. Mind, i admit that i've had three rum punches tonight already, but that should be of no account. I still love the X-files in...
  17. G

Films, TV Shows & Books By Guillermo del Toro

SPOILER WARNING - DISCUSSION OF MOVIE DETAILS Just saw the film on DVD today. It was so-so in my opinion but I guess I wasn't impressed. The actng was mostly good, the atmosphere I found too depressingly dark to be enjoyable, the pacing too slow most of the time. I especially disliked the...
  18. G

Strange Statues & Sculptures

I found this site interesting: Strange Statues From Around The World Link is dead. See later post for update on accessing the archived version: https://forums.forteana.org/index.php?threads/strange-statues.29458/post-1787986 Some are merely interesting, others pretty weird, while others are...
  19. G

Dolls?

There's a new movie out called Dead Silence that may be of interest to people who like this thread. It has something to do with an old lady who died and her remaining ventriloquist dolls. Hope to enjoy.
  20. G

Black-Eyed Kids

She didn't touch him for the next two days huh. Did she get used to the idea after that? I wonder if he had "manifested any other evil characteristics before that day. Strange story.
  21. G

Dolls?

There's a tv ad I love that starts with a guy innocently buying jeans off a store mannequin. As he goes home wearing them, we see the mannequin apparently follow. It appears a little behind him in a crowd, behind a tree as he enters his apartment. Finally as he lies asleep on his couch, the...
  22. G

The Illusionist

I saw it on DVD recently and watched The Prestige a day after. I thought they were both good films. Cannot easily say which one I prefer - maybe The Prestige for it's greater complexity. But they were both well executed films IMO, and held my interest throughout.
  23. G

Depression

And stressing out the poor octopuses. Besides , i don't think the researchers know much about depression if they assume moving the creatures into better conditions will necessarily make them happier. Depression doesn't always work that way in humans, so i'm guessing neither in animals.
  24. G

Lip Balm Addiction: The Secret Shame

I never knew about lip balm addiction, but I love tinted lip glosses and use them exclusively now. They feel so moist and soft on the lips - plus they have great names like lipslicks, wet shine diamonds and lip lacquer. Who could resist such delicious sounding texture? I have around 100. I...
  25. G

Puzzling Proverbs

This entire thread must just irritate you then. Wonder why you bother.
  26. G

Puzzling Proverbs

I'm not sure I like that comment. Seems a bit harsh and discouraging to future posters. I'm open to the poss that I'm being oversensitive and misinterpreting, but calling posters fools jars me.
  27. G

Puzzling Proverbs

Right. Now it makes sense - explains my current.
  28. G

Two-faced

This reminds me of an old post here that is just about the scariest I've ever read (way too lazy and tipsy frankly to look up the original). A young boy is sleeping next to his mom and wakes up in early morning feeling all safe and secure. Only she rolls over toward him and her sleeping face is...
  29. G

Puzzling Proverbs

These are strange to me. Some very. Source here A bad workman quarrels with his tools. A black hen lays a white egg. A cat in gloves catches no mice. A cock is valiant on his own dunghill. A good anvil does not fear the hammer. A great dowry is a bed full of brambles. An...
  30. G

Black-Eyed Kids

Re: Mantis aliens in dreams You have my profound sympathy. :shock:
  31. G

Black Stick Man

Yes, stick man is definitely the impression I got when I read that. And as they seem to be all over the world lately, I sincerely hope to never see one.
  32. G

Dancing On Graves

There is a book I read as a teen called Dance On My Grave by Aidan Chambers. It was about the relationship between two gay teens, one of whom ended up dead. The other danced on his grave in memory of the love they had shared. Quite moving actually - and memorable.
  33. G

Hospital Happenings Of The Supernatural Kind

My mom said she saw a "white mist" leaving my grandmas body immediately after she died in October this year. She said it was so strange, she actually counted her mom's last breaths, and after the final one she saw a mist rise up into the air and vanish. I like to think of it as comforting.
  34. G

Condoms 'too big' for Indian men

Heard on cartoon network this week- "It's not the size of the fish that counts but how you cook it!" Hmmmmm....
  35. G

Mood makes food taste different

:?: Please explain.
  36. G

Mood makes food taste different

Interesting article. It resonated with me because of peculiar changes in my tastebuds I experienced after taking anti-depressants. I had always been one of the few people who didn't have a sweet tooth. Growing up I didn't care for sweets, lollypops, cake, not even ice cream that much. I'd eat...
  37. G

Forgetfulness

Just had to say ...that is truly spooky. I'd be freaked too :shock: . Could you have suffered a trauma associated with the poster or it's subject that would have caused you to block it's memory? Maybe investigating that time period in your life a little bit through friends and relations could...
  38. G

Dolls?

Now see here ... I simply must know the name of that story. Do you remember it?
  39. G

money fairy???

Sorry to say this, but it sounds like a psycho with a serious justice complex entered your apartment and laid a trap. The scenario is this: the guy has an insane sense of justice and a pathological need to test people's honesty. His obsession has become centred on the temptations of money. He...
  40. G

Eating Non-Food Items (Pica; Eating Stunts; Etc.)

Best wishes for a trouble-free delivery and a healthy, happy baby! :) I sympathise with the craving. I was there once, even eating the antacids. And I had no pregnancy to give me a cause. After a while I got sick of magnesia blocks and decided to start eating healthier and exercising. I am...
  41. G

Dreaming of babies

Wow these responses are great. What gncxx and again6 wrote really made sense and got me thinking. Despite being generally quite happy with my independence I'm definitely not immune to society's expectations of a woman my age. Even though I know better I sometimes cannot help feeling inadequate...
  42. G

Dreaming of babies

I think that's just so beautiful, thanks for sharing. The mind works in some mysterious ways. We may never figure it out. :)
  43. G

Dreaming of babies

I have a recurrent set of dreams and I'm wondering whether others experience anything similar. Some background about myself might be useful. I'm 34, a high school teacher, had a good family life and successful education. I'm single, independent, not in a hurry to get married and, curiously I...
  44. G

Friday The 13th

Benn having such a nice day that I didn't even realise it is Friday the 13th. You don't think I've spoken too soon now have I? :P
  45. G

The THING under the bed

Interesting experiences. My foolproof way of keeping Things from setting up house under my bed, is to keep the space so cluttered and untidy that no self-respecting spook would be caught there. But that probably won't work for everyone. So would it be possible to set up two video cameras - one...
  46. G

Failing Relationship/Haunted House?

I remember when my baby sister was born and I was 7 years old. My granny was babysitting myself, brother and the infant one night, and we the older kids were just playing around and amusing the baby. We had a fisher price music toy that played when you pulled a string taut, which gradually...
  47. G

Landscape Of Panic (Patrick Harpur; FT 141)

Found a nice little article on the subject: Panic on the streets of Staffin Link is dead. See later post for more info ...
  48. G

Lady of the Water/The Village

Sadly, I went to see Lady in the Water today. Very bad movie, way worse than I was expecting. No discernible plot or point, bad acting (including Mr. Shymalan's), just nothing enjoyable about the movie whatsoever. I wish Bryce Dallas Howard ( i think thats her name) would stop acting in his...
  49. G

Fortean Art

Amazing Art Found this site to be interesting: Amazing Art
  50. G

All The Lonely People: Solitude & Loneliness

I like the comment about the lighthouse keeper. Actually living in a lighthouse with little contact with the outside world, aside from a computer, has always been a fantasy of mine. As for people I tend to go for quality more than quantity when it comes to friends. I don't like most of the...
Back