• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

The THING under the bed

MOSUGOJI

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Well I'm not sure if I have one but a few odd things seem to have happened. I finally got around to getting a bed frame and headboard for my box springs and mattress(been without one for awhile,breakup with girlfriend,needing to get new furnishings,the usual aftereffects junk).
Of late I've had the sensation of someone plopping themselves down on the side of my bed,usually when I'm lying across the bed side to side on my stomach as I'm using the computer. So "that's odd" said I to myself and my cats. Then at times the edge of the bedsheet seems to have been grabbed from under the bed and pulled on as I lay on it. When this has happened it's been while I'm awake and the cats have all been shut out of the room since it's next to impossible to use the computer with them trying to join in with the typing. I'm not sure if it's my imagination being buggy or if it's some ectoplasmic dust bunny thing trying to get on my nerves. The last time it happened I whipped a shoe under the bed on the side I felt it. I'm pretty pro active when it comes to spooks being annoying. From what I've heard this house is haunted. The landlord is afraid to stay long in my apt,especially since the attic door is next to my bathroom. And the attic really freaks him out. The woman down stairs and her kids clain they have seen a ghost of a teenage girl hanging around their kitchen and on the back stairs leading down from my apt. And the woman supposedly "felt" something nasty in my attic trapped in the corner. I've never seen the girl or the attic boogeyman in any case.
I'm thinking of routing around under my bed with my katana the next time something starts it's antics-after making sure all cats are accounted for of course. Has anyone else ever been plagued by the monster under the bed?

Interesting experiences. My foolproof way of keeping Things from setting up house under my bed, is to keep the space so cluttered and untidy that no self-respecting spook would be caught there. But that probably won't work for everyone. So would it be possible to set up two video cameras - one covering the room and one the space under the bed. You are obviously experiencing some kind of phenomenon, and just maybe you might catch something on camera ( unless the Thing has an aversion to being videotaped, as do I come to think of it - though I'm not a Thing of course...well you know what I mean). If it could be rigged up right hopefully you would record something interesting eh 8)

A history of haunting + a presence in the bedroom = definite ghost.

You got yourself a spirit hanging around.

Good luck with that. :shock:

(helpful, aren't I?)

Redhead666 said:
A history of haunting + a presence in the bedroom = definite ghost.

You got yourself a spirit hanging around.

Good luck with that. :shock:

(helpful, aren't I?)

Bah! Good luck to the spook is more like it considering how well me and bedroom phantoms mix. About 4 years ago I lived in an apt that had a really oppressive and almost confrontational feel to it. The drunken upstairs neighbors juat added to the ambience. There would be fast moving blurs caught in my peripheral vision,the sound of silverware being thrown from the dish strainer into the sink at night,the door opening and closing of it's own accord and the general feeling of not being alone. One night I was awakened by the feeling of my side of the bed being pushed down as if someone was leaning on it over me. My reaction was to automatically shoot my fist straight up into whatever it was and oddly enought it felt like I punched someone solid. I then had to wake up my girlfriend just to be sure it wasn't somehow her that I blasted. After that incident there was no more bedside hijinks oddly enough. I'm still not totally convinced there is anything to what is going on now in this apt but it did remind me of something. The was the sheet felt when it seems to be pulled from under the bed reminds me of how the little kittens used to play when we had some while doing stray cat rescues. There were some little ones that didn't make it unfortunatly which is pretty sad considering how much I git attached to them.

thing under the bed

I was managing a pub in Wymondham Norfolk. One of my employees lived on the premises with me and we often used to go to clubs after we had locked up at 11pm. This one evening I had quite alot of book work to complete so Anna went out with one of the regulars. The premises of the pub were quite large with 5 bedrooms and I also had staying above the pub another of our company employees who did security. He had his dog Zelly upstairs too but was visiting his mother on this particular evening.
After about an hour of sitting upstairs alone Anna phoned. She had obviously got bored and was on her way home. As we were talking I could hear Zelly, a black laborador, whimpering outside my door, so I tapped on the bed to let Zelly know to come in and up on the bed.
Still talking on the phone, I saw a black figure move along the side of the bed and down to the foot of the bed. This I thoght was Zelly.
So I continued tapping on the bed to call Zelly up as I was talking on the phone to Anna.
At the point that the bed started moving I must admit I might have started screaming a little bit. I looked to the door and Zelly was just outside the door still whimpering and cowering upon the ground.
Anna on the other end of the phone had also started freaking out as I was too busy holding on to the bed with my other hand and screaming to explain what was going on.
Over the next minute before Anna had screached into the car park and had started running up the stairs to my room, the thing at the bottom of the bed seemed to be trying to get under it, despite the fact it was a devan bed with only an inch between the base and the floor. At the moment Annas keys hit the lock to the back door at the bottom of the stairs, the bed just settled. Although I was still holding on to the bed in one hand and the phone in the other when she did get to my room.
Needless to say, we didnt go to sleep that night. We stayed up in the lounge and called other friends to stay for moral support.
When Anna had run in, I was apparently as white as a sheet, wide eyed and rigid in my position. Nothing else happened that night but many things have happened since that not just I have experienced, and people that have no knowledge of the story. :?

Love the story Miss Scarlet.

Were you actually watching the figure when it had enterred the room, or was it round the back of you out of your vision? When you say it seemed to be trying to get under the bed do you mean that it was rising underneath you or that you could see the figure trying to squeeze under?

Shaking beds are often associated with sleep paralysis (it's happened to me several times) but obviously you were awake for this. Very scary.

the door was to the left of me. So initially I saw it on the left side of the bed, on my left. but crouched down low like a dog can sometimes do when its been told off. And it was black which was why I immediatly assumed it was Zelly. I couldnt see it at all when it was at the base of the bed as I had 2 matresses on top of the divan in typical princess and the pea style. So it was in the room before it had tried getting under the bed. Hope I can be forgiven for being petrified.
:oops:

You will be forgiven ONLY when you have petrified all of us with more spookiness. :D

I did post quite a few bits and bobs a few years ago when my user name was Lynsey. That was before my old PC died and remained at a friends not getting fixed for a year or so.

The most recent experience I have had has been of a black shaddow type thing that I had not seen trying after some quite pleasant caresses to enter my body via my cheek or my tummy. My brother Yanu had woken me to tell me what he had seen. Which was a black shaddow on top of me. He had said at first I looked like I was enjoying so did nothing but then when I looked uncomfortable had ordered the thing out.

He went back off on his travels and I me t a fab polish guy who I ended up going out with for quite a while. He woke me one night in terror after having seen exactly what Yanu had described. He and Yanu had never met and I had never told him any of my tales as the nature of our friendship had not got to that stage.

But I often suffer from sleep paralysis events and have seen so many things that I have to wonder what lab quality hallucinogenics my mum had consumed in the 60's

nothing new spookwise under the bed so far. Maybe what ever it was has decided to move to a better environment after several incidents here.
One of the cats has crapped under the bed a couple times after getting accidently shut up in my room for the day. I know if I were an under the bed dwelling spook that would put me off. That and my box spring has slipped off the bed frame's side rails a couple times when I've sat down on the bed. Time to put a couple of cross boards on the rails. So the threat of having a box spring dropped on it or the knowledge of the cat pooping in it's favorite haunt seems to have exorcised it,at least for now anyways.

I searched for solutions to the bedroom problems that I was having. The one my mum, an incredibly wise woman, came up with was probably the most succesful. :)
She said to tie blue thread around the bed, this can be done before its made so that it cannot be seen, and ensure that you always have a glass of water beside the bed too.

Mind you with all of the bits and bobs up in and around my window it may be hard to distinguish what exactly is acting as protection.
There are dreamcatchers, bells, witches balls, stones, crystals or chimes in every window and a besom, yew broadsword or stang above every window. (The besom was passed down from my Grandmother.)

Besides this I visualise being covered slowly in a white or gold shroud every night. Unless I have had Vodka that night and then I wouldnt notice Cernnonos trying to slip under my duvet :oops:

I have something living under my bed.
I call him Bob. He doesnt like being called Bob, but I call him that anyway.
He doesnt speak much, but likes to hum old TV theme tunes to himself.

Maybe sleeping with a piece of broomhandle or a baseball bat within quick reach may be the solution for these underbed denizens. Soon as they start their shenanigans jam the broom handle under the bed and start smacking. I suppose having the broom handle blessed by a priest first couldn't hurt to give it some extra smackitude. I wonder if the things under the bed ever complain to their families or whatever that they think something is ON TOP of the bed

mindalai said:
Shaking beds are often associated with sleep paralysis (it's happened to me several times) but obviously you were awake for this. Very scary.

It's also supposedly one of the signs of demonic possession.

But the one time it happened to me (in 1973), it seemed explainable as an inner-ear disturbance, because when I leaped out of bed (from the worst nightmare I've ever had) the entire bedroom continued dancing a crazy sarabande.

I suddenly find myself thinking of the murderers over the years who've thought they've safely "hidden" the corpse by stuffing it under their bed.

Maybe these birds think they're FEEDING something under there?

Back