• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. IamSundog

Gravity Modification With Spinning High-Temp Superconductors

That was the other thing. At one point while he’s zipping into the future there’s some volcanic activity that buries him and his machine in lava. I wondered why he wouldn’t be encased entirely in rock and unable to move or breathe? And it’s surely a huge coincidence that the elevation of the...
  2. IamSundog

Gravity Modification With Spinning High-Temp Superconductors

Ttttt As a kid I saw The Time Machine movie (1960) in the theater and obsessed over the idea for months. What I couldn’t understand was: why didn’t Rod Taylor’s housekeeper or his dinner buddies go into his lab looking for him when he went missing? And if they did, wouldn’t they see him sitting...
  3. IamSundog

Oh, The Irony

That would be the most sensible step.
  4. IamSundog

Pareidolia

A bearded, moustached old man with his head tilted to the right, singing merrily.
  5. IamSundog

Dangerous Roads

Roswell isn’t all that awesome to visit. Every business has a flying saucer on the sign, so that’s kind of funky. The museum is OK . The purported crash location was something like 75 miles north of town and I’m sure it’s somebody’s private ranch land. So no going there.
  6. IamSundog

Woman Has Meltdown Over ‘Not Real’ Passenger On Flight

No, it took three hours to unload all of the giant seed pods from the overhead luggage compartments.
  7. IamSundog

Adults Posing As Minors / Children

Sounds like a long shot to me.
  8. IamSundog

Farewell To Enola Gaia

This is very sad and unexpected news!! He was very smart and well spoken and personable in all his interactions. I will miss him.
  9. IamSundog

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Yeah I’ve tried it. I thought it sucked.
  10. IamSundog

Ridiculous Accidents

Oh, we’ll catch up and surpass them, just watch.
  11. IamSundog

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

Please forgive if this is covered in an existing thread - I cant find it specifically. I have a friend who wants to join the forum. Every time she tries she gets a message saying that her email address is banned and to use a different one. But she has never accessed or tried to access the board...
  12. IamSundog

Strange Crimes

There are portable ‘chop saws’ that don’t need to be mounted on a bench.
  13. IamSundog

The World's Dumbest Criminals

Maybe he was squatting down and firing into the air from beneath.
  14. IamSundog

Charles Manson

They were brave indeed. At the time nobody knew how extensive “The Family” was.
  15. IamSundog

Charles Manson

I for one believe in the possibility and the power of redemption, even for the most heinous criminals. And I believe in the power of spiritual practice as a vehicle for that redemtion. I say this from personal experience as a person who went pretty far astray as a youth under the influence of...
  16. IamSundog

They Fuck You Up, Your Mum & Dad

Totally agree. You don’t want your kids patterning themselves after and learning to have poisonous relationships.
  17. IamSundog

Los Lunas Decalogue Stone (New Mexico)

The Los Lunas Decalogue Stone is a large boulder on the side of Hidden Mountain, near Los Lunas, New Mexico, about 35 miles (56 km) south of Albuquerque, that bears a very spectacular inscription carved into a flat panel.[1] The stone is also known as the Los Lunas Mystery Stone or Commandment...
  18. IamSundog

Black-Eyed Kids

Sad and horrifying
  19. IamSundog

Black-Eyed Kids

The 1950 Virginia case, if of trustworthy provenance, strongly argues against the BEK phenomenon being just a recent urban legend spawned by Brian Bethel’s tale. I wonder if there are other reports and unreported experiences like this. The appearance and behavior of the 1950 BEK and the way the...
  20. IamSundog

The Monty Hall Problem & Other Apparent Paradoxes

Everyone’s debt has been paid, but this could have been accomplished without the rich American’s deposit ever being given to the hotel. It’d be the same as saying that I owe you $50 and you owe me $50, so that makes us even.
  21. IamSundog

Lucky Escapes

OK thanks I guess that makes sense.
  22. IamSundog

Lucky Escapes

I’m somewhat bewildered - my two posts above were posted in “People Willingly Entering the Water and Drowning”. Weird.
  23. IamSundog

Call Of The Void ( L’Appel Du Vide; High Place Phenomenon)

Another event that this thread reminds me of, that has always haunted me: My oldest daughter was an intrepid hiker and often set out on trails on her own. Once she was out west somewhere, I think in Wyoming somewhere, and took a solo hike up a mountain to a cliff top with a great view. Sitting...
  24. IamSundog

Lucky Escapes

I got caught in an undertow once about 20 years ago. My sister and I were swimming in the ocean in New Jersey at a crowded beach, and there were 4 or 5 young men in our immediate vicinity. The waves were moderate and we were out at a depth where we could touch the bottom when the waves were at a...
  25. IamSundog

Not As Environmentally Friendly As Promised

I’m skeptical. I live and frequently work near sizeable wind farms. I can barely hear anything even when almost directly beneath a windmill. It’s about as loud as having a quiet (ie new) dishwasher running in the next room. Is it noise that is supposedly causing these maladies? Vibration?
  26. IamSundog

UFOs Assaulting / Attacking / Harassing People

The AVRO vehicle could only hover a few feet off the ground and was horribly unstable. It’s hard to see how a small model of it could do any better, much less dance around and harass people. Any drone-like craft of that size would need helicopter blades that would be obvious to the eye and ear...
  27. IamSundog

IP Address Banned?

Thanks for looking into this. I have NO freakin idea how I ended up coming through Russia. I’m going to uninstall the VPN entirely. I am currently using the same home network without having rebooted the router and having no problem. So the mystery continues.
  28. IamSundog

IP Address Banned?

I’m getting the “IP address banned” message all the time now from my home network. Until yesterday I only got it when using my VPN. Now I get it even when VPN turned off. I’ll try the trick of rebooting the router when I get back home.
  29. IamSundog

The Transdimensional Gas Station

Party pooper.
  30. IamSundog

Strange Deaths

I can vouch fir this. While wandering the tracks one night in my youth I was nearly killed by a train. It was traveling probably 60-70 MPH and was nearly on top of me before I realized it. You really can’t hear them coming.
  31. IamSundog

Oddities & Idiocies In Using Autonomous / Self-Driving Vehicles

I would think that it would be harder to stay alert in the driver’s seat if you don’t actually have to do anything from moment to moment. Just sitting there watching passively would be more likely to make me sleepy than actively driving.
  32. IamSundog

Weird Sex (Practices, Preferences & Accoutrements!)

Immortalized in the Mother’s of Invention song “Mudshark”.
  33. IamSundog

Geological Curiosities

Last year my kids and I visited Panola Mountain State Park near Atlanta, GA, which is a large bare granite area several square miles in extent. While hiking around we found a place where the rock seemed to lie in sheets with air spaces beneath, and would ring at various musical pitches when...
  34. IamSundog

Sinking Ashore: Stuck In Beach Mud, Sand Or Quicksand

A horrible case of a woman getting caught in the mud in some Alaskan tidal flats and drowning when the tide came in: http://www.unmuseum.org/quicksand.htm
  35. IamSundog

What Did You Dream Of Last Night?

Many many years ago I had a similar dream, about a magically beautiful and highly idealized woman that I was in love with in an agonizingly beautiful spiritual and physical way. When I woke up I was crushed that it wasn’t real and was sad about it for some time, and even now I still vividly...
  36. IamSundog

Unearthly Calls

“Nasal sinus irrigation” I.e. snorting salt water works for me fairly well. It’s just a highly unpleasant procedure and I have to screw up my willpower to do it.
  37. IamSundog

Unearthly Calls

I’ve tried that. It’s like what I imagine water-boarding to feel like.
  38. IamSundog

My UFO Experience: Feinman

I think our interactions with UFOs are like cats chasing after laser pointer beams. Their brains are wired to perceive small moving things as animals to chase. They can’t comprehend their immateriality or the fact that they appear/disappear so inexplicably. They sometimes quit chasing in...
  39. IamSundog

Unearthly Calls

I wish someone would whack me on the back of the head with a board to unclog my sinuses.
  40. IamSundog

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Yeah I got to thinking if there’s a next time, I’ll just tell them, “Yeah it was me, I can’t live with the guilt anymore, come and arrest me.”
  41. IamSundog

Minor Strangeness (IHTM)

Last Wednesday I got a scam call that my social security number had been tied to criminal activity and was going to be suspended. I get 2-3 robo-calls per week like this but this time there was a live person calling, with a distinctly south-asian accent and awkward grammar. I had not much to do...
  42. IamSundog

Forum Functions & Functionality: Technical Problems & Known Issues

I just started using a popular VPN and when I have it turned on and try to access this forum my “IP address is banned”. I’ve tried changing which server I’m coming through but all seem to be similarly banned. Am I correct in deducing that this is because bad guys have in the past come through...
  43. IamSundog

Dowsing

We had a clogged kitchen sink drain that didn't respond to my cleaning efforts so I called a local plumber today. The guy came out, brought in his tools, and ran his snake down into the drain pipe. He worked at it for some time and commented that it was difficult because he could feel that there...
  44. IamSundog

Bizarre Night In Mississippi

Both Henri’s and Gloucestrian’s stories about missing and reappearing phones are fantastic - classic forteana. Centered on something mundane - losing a phone - and at the same time completely baffling and inexplicable. Thank you both.
  45. IamSundog

The Scariest Fortean Thing Ever To Happen To You

I have a current cat that loves avacado.
  46. IamSundog

Hair: Weirdness & Oddities

Construction tools? What, to use on her head?
  47. IamSundog

'Havana Syndrome': Diplomatic Staff Malaise In Cuba & China—A Sonic Or Microwave Weapon?

I’ve never been a big fan of “mass hysteria” as an explanation for mysterious events. Maybe for prepubescent girls screaming at a boy band concert but not for mature intelligent adults working in the diplomatic corps or intelligence services. These people did not experience a subtle malaise...
Back