• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Search results

1. S

On Becoming A Person

My husband vividly remembers becoming "aware" when he was a baby (he was old enough to stand but not walk). He remembers standing up in his cot during a thunderstorm, he was holding the bars and looking out the window when he had the sensation of becoming aware of his existence. He insists...
  2. S

Cases You'd Hate To Find Were Hoaxed?

I thought it was just a simple question of WHICH phenomena you'd hate to see proved as a hoax? Not who,what why or how. But then I'm a simpleton :wink:
  3. S

Twins & Other Birth Multiples (Triplets, Etc.)

Does anyone know of any interesting stories about triplets. I have googled and not found much. The reason I ask is that my son & daughter-in-law are expecting triplets in March 08 but they could come as early as January. She's only 10 weeks at the moment so it's still early days yet and they...
  4. S

Jesus: Tales From The Crypt

surely without a sample of Jesus' DNA to compare it to whatever they find from these bones proves nothing. I think it is generally thought that the Shroud of Turin is a fake, but if they could get DNA from that and compare it to any they might get from the bones (assuming it's possible) and...
  5. S

Predictions for 2007

I was bored with sudoku the moment it came out
  6. S

Predictions for 2007

8 miners will be killed during a dispute when dynamite is thrown.
  7. S

safety precaution

That's what I was thinking/hoping. Please someone tell me these people aren't serious.
  8. S

safety precaution

Just in case you're feeling a tad vulnerable here's a handy little site :shock: http://www.stopabductions.com/
  9. S

Jericho

yeah I think we're up to the 3rd or 4th episode, so far I like it at least the side stories aren't being dragged out too much, come to think of it I think it's ep 4 tonight
  10. S

Ghost Whisperer

I watch it, nothing else on at the moment. It's a bit saccharine and I wonder how she can afford the wardrobe that she has when the shop never seems to get that busy. It's a harmless bit of fluff really
  11. S

Weird Personal Names

I worked briefly as a telemarketer (sorry but I had some debts to clear) and had to call a Mrs Diclic. I just said good morning. A family friend has the name John Smith. Once when he was a teenager he was pulled over by the police who got quite irate and called him a smartarse until he...
  12. S

What Came First? Age-Old Question Solved

How did man first decide to try eating eggs was it instinct or did someone see an egg being laid and thought "Gee that looks mighty tasty?" :D
  13. S

Predictions for 2006

Re: banana crisis in Australia Cyclone Larry decimated banana crops and prices here have sky-rocketed' lucky for me I can't eat them
  14. S

Weird Weather

Here in Queensland we get fantastic storms. The thunder can sometimes make the house shake and sometimes you can actually hear the rain coming. That's when it's so heavy it's like someone dumping a huge bucketful of water and 5 mins later it moves on and the sun comes out. We also have a...
  15. S

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

I couldn't understand why sitting on a hard stool made it difficult to go to the toilet. :?
  16. S

Scientology

Thanks Tony that certainly helps.
  17. S

What Happens After We Die?

When my mother-in-law died in 1987 from cancer I couldn't be there because of finances and having 2 small children to look after, fortunately my husband was in the army then and they arranged for him to fly to her and he and his brother and step-father were able to spend her last 10 hours with...
  18. S

Scientology

on last nights news they mentioned that there are scientology volunteers helping the victims of cyclone Larry it looked like they had massage tables set up. Can someone explain, in simple terms please, the difference between psychiatry and psychology
  19. S

The Cockroach Thread

We used to have to insect bomb our place regularly for roaches but a couple of years ago geckoes moved in and now we only see the odd one, but not for long. I like the geckoes they're cute although they leave their droppings everywhere.
  20. S

Endurance In Extremity (Tales Of Stubborn Survival Or Persistence)

I can remember reading that story years ago I think it was in a Reader's Digest mag.
  21. S

Mobile Phone Tracking

Just tried this on my Nokia 1100 and it seemed to work in that I got the radar symbol & 00000. Only you select On first and then 00000. Seeing as I don't drive it might be awhile before I can check it out. Will try Hubby's phone when he gets home his is a 3100
  22. S

Manga Ruled 'Obscene'

:) :) :)
  23. S

Manga Ruled 'Obscene'

You mean you don't all live in quaint little villages and have fairs every week? Do you still have village idiots?
  24. S

Toxic dress

Why not? Death is no excuse for not looking your best. :wink: Thanks Quixote now I have to find a way to tell my boss she's been had.
  25. S

What Were YOUR Erroneous Childhood Beliefs?

:lol: You mean they don't? Then how do traffic lights work? :confused:
  26. S

Toxic dress

My boss, lovely lady but quite gullible, swears this story is true. A couple of years ago a young girl bought a dress to wear to her school formal from a Sydney department store. On the big night she hadn't been wearing it long when she collapsed and ended up in hospital. Investigation showed...
  27. S

Razor Blades In Baby Food

I used to occasionally help myself to a jelly bean from a bowl that we had for customers too until I saw a grubbly little kid pick his nose and then put the same hand in the bowl to rummage for a red one. :nooo:
  28. S

Radio Voices

A couple of nights ago I was trying to get to sleep and couldn't because I kept hearing swing music but only in my left ear. I sat up thinking it was coming from outside and it stopped, when I lay down (on my left side) it started again. It sounded like it was an old radio broadcast and was a...
  29. S

Creepy Sleepwalkers/Talkers

I'm an insomniac too in that it takes me ages to get to sleep. No matter how tired I am once I go to bed I'm wide awake. But once I'm asleep that's it, I sleep like a log. I have very vivid dreams (in colour) and I talk but I don't walk. The closest would have been the incident I described on...
  30. S

No it doesn't make you a bad person at all we find it funny too although hubby is a bit wary about going to sleep if I've had a spider confrontation during the day. I must add that it's not all spiders just the big hairy ones, and no my husband is not big and hairy. I've done the jumping out...
  31. S

Mindalai your story about your ex reminded me of something I did in my sleep. I have a phobia of spiders which isn't as bad now as it used to be because I've worked on it but when I was younger it was pretty bad. Anyway I had a dream where I was being chased through an empty warehouse by a giant...
  32. S

My daughter used to sleep walk when she was little. One time I went to the toilet and didn't shut the door so I was facing into her room and her bed was facing out. Not long after I sat down she sat up like a corpse in a horror movie with that dead look in her eyes........let's just say I was in...
  33. S

Spiderman or Minority Report?

His antics on the Oprah show may have something to do with it. :cross eye
  34. S

The Optical Illusions Thread

Am shortly going to bed suspect I will be seeing pink and green dots when I close my eyes.
  35. S

Predictions for 2006

The dodo will be cloned. Making the saying as dead as a dodo obsolete
  36. S

Alternative life stories

then there are the sloths who find a comfy spot and sit there till the tree rots.
  37. S

Cane Toads (Australia)

The season has only just started so the death toll may yet rise Does that mean if we get rid of the toads we get more cockroaches.? The spiders are getting the mozzies and the geckoes are getting the spiders. I suspect the geckoes might be getting some cockroaches because sometimes we find...
  38. S

Cane Toads (Australia)

I live in Brisbane and in the wet season, now, we have to check our garden every night before we let the dog out. Unfortunately our dog is good looking but not very bright and is likely to think a cane toad is a great toy. So far this year my husband has killed 5. One blow with the sharp end...
  39. S

Alternative life stories

I think the tree of life is a good symbol. As you climb the tree you come to forks, when you turn onto a particular branch there are some things you can't avoid and more chances to avoid some. Maybe it's twisted in such a way that there are some things you can't avoid no matter what way you...
  40. S

Almost Supernatural

deleted
  41. S

Almost Supernatural

Thanks I'll try and track some down.
  42. S

Almost Supernatural

Before I tell my story let me preface it by saying that I had consumed a substantial amount of alchohol beforehand. I was asleep for I don't know how long and at first I thought I was dreaming I felt a strong bony body on top of me and it had it's arms completely around me I was totally...
  43. S

Surnames

If what my mother-in-law told me is true my husband and his brother were the last of our family name. We have a son and 2 nephews now so the name should continue on. I don't reveal it in forums because it makes us very easy to trace. It's a german name. I would imagine it's harder for us to be...
  44. S

What Drew You to Forteana?

Alan Garner is a favourite for me The Weirdstone of Brisingamen was probably the first fanatasy novel I read (at 13) I still (over 30 years later) Have 2 copies of it just in case I lose one
  45. S

What Drew You to Forteana?

Always attracted to the quirky I guess. Constantly swinging between scepticism and belief and just the love of gathering info. After reading a few posts I think I can get a bit of an education here even if a lot of it is over my head. :confused:
Back