• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

1. BS3

The Rainford Humanoid (Jan 2nd, 1978)

A classic entity case that briefly made national newspapers, and which was reported in the same FSR as the Aveley 'abduction'. This is the sort of thing we rarely see these days. Two sources for your enjoyment: Jenny Randles in FSR and Tony Pace in the BUFORA Journal. Explanations? No idea...
  2. Yithian

'Old Sid': The Coseley Swimming Baths Ghost (Dudley, U.K. 1978)

Bob Warman visits the swimming baths and experiences ghostly happenings. A 1978 Interview with the manager of the baths about their ghost 'Old Sid' and recalling strange events that cannot be explained. We see Bob Warman arriving at the pool, getting changed and finally being pushed into the...
  3. A

The Yuba County Five: 'An American Dyatlov Pass' Incident (1978)

First, sorry if this has already been discussed somewhere- I searched and couldn't find anything. Second, there is hardly any information about this apart from the original Washington Post article and a long thread on Reddit. I'm not familiar with Reddit, and don't know how reliable it is but...
  4. M

The Shout

Sometime ago i watched a movie called THE SHOUT ( 1978) . A man who believes he has the power to KILL with a horrifying DEATH SHOUT. I went to a book shop in london where we got on to the subject of the film, he showed me a book by a RUSSIAN AUTHOR who wrote a book on the subject. Can it be...
  5. A

Frederick Valentich Disappearance (Australia; 1978)

Frederick Valentich This is a case that's always fascinated me, and is perhaps the most convincing case of a possible alien abduction, certainly when compared to the hypnotic regression and rectal probe gang. The details are posted here, in particular the transcript of the conversation between...
  6. A

Spring-Heeled Jack, East-End Disappearances & Other Mysterious Characters

East End Disappearances 1881-1890 I am trying to find information regarding unusual disappearances which began in the East End of London in 1881 and continued unsolved until January 1890. Apparently men, women and children from all classes disappeared into a 'Fortean void', never to be seen or...
Back