• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

1. maximus otter

Federal Search For Civil War-Era Gold At Dent’s Run, Pennsylvania

A scientific analysis commissioned by the FBI shortly before agents went digging for buried treasure suggested that a huge quantity of gold could be below the surface, according to newly released government documents and photos that deepen the mystery of the 2018 excavation in remote western...
  2. Tribble

Noises In My Lane: Audible Strangeness In Ammanford

Bizarre flyers about 'screaming' noises and a 'beeping machine' coming from an 'illicit underground drug factory' have been posted all over Gloucestershire. The strange notice is titled 'please help' and has been stuck to lampposts and in some areas posted through people's doors. It has been...
  3. Yithian

Sentinelese Tribe Kills Foolhardy Christian Missionary

The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are pretty isolated and the tribes that inhabit them have only erratic contact with their nominal national government (India) or, indeed, any other group of people. In what sounds like a throw-back to a nineteenth century narrative, a white Christian missionary (a...
  4. maximus otter

Astronaut’s Map Leads Treasure Hunters To "Columbus' Anchor"

RESEARCHERS have used a “space treasure map” to make a remarkable discovery in the Caribbean — a centuries-old anchor believed to be from one of Christopher Columbus’s ships. Analysis of the anchor, which was found off the Turks and Caicos Islands, reveals that it dates to between 1492 and...
  5. blessmycottonsocks

Novichok In Salisbury: Secret Agents & Nerve Agents In Britain

Some forumists over at The Guardian (yes I know) are claiming that the Novichok nerve agent used in Salisbury was a "false flag" operation to discredit Putin and detract from the UK government's economic and other Brexit-related problems. I'm sure we're a more sensible and level-headed bunch...
Back