• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

06-02-2012

chris138

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Most users ever online was 682 on 06-02-2012 12:34

So what happened on this date to bring all the people?

Not people - search-engine spiders. Until recently we'd often get spikes around mid-morning to lunchtime GMT as it's the early hours on the US west coast.

IIRC the largest number of actual posters we had online in this incarnation of the board was about 300 in 2005, when the board went down for over a month after migrating to a new platform, and when it finally came back loads logged on just to make sure they still existed. Quite a few didn't (or were now called something else entirely..)

I got all excited when over 400 people turned up to my website www.paranormalcamping.com

It was immediately after I'd tweeted out a news story posted on the site and I convinced myself it was real people flooding in to read my review of pop up tents...sadly it was friggin bots and spiders. That was around midday too.

linesmachine said:
I got all excited when over 400 people turned up to my website www.paranormalcamping.com

It was immediately after I'd tweeted out a news story posted on the site and I convinced myself it was real people flooding in to read my review of pop up tents...sadly it was friggin bots and spiders. That was around midday too.
400! Wow! That's big time! My website
http://cornwalltidesreach.weebly.com/index.html
averages maybe 10 a day. But if I give it a mention on FTMB it might shoot up to 50 a day! ;) (But that never shows up until after noon...)

(Perhaps while I'm here, I'll mention the other one too:
http://haylenewbridge.weebly.com/index.html 8) )

stuneville said:
Not people - search-engine spiders. Until recently we'd often get spikes around mid-morning to lunchtime GMT as it's the early hours on the US west coast.

IIRC the largest number of actual posters we had online in this incarnation of the board was about 300 in 2005, when the board went down for over a month after migrating to a new platform, and when it finally came back loads logged on just to make sure they still existed. Quite a few didn't (or were now called something else entirely..)

I was hoping for something a tad more exciting. Anyway, I have learned something new today.

Would you happen to know how many copies of FT sell in the UK and rest of the world per week?

Back