• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

22 Nov. 2013: 50th Anniversary John F. Kennedy Assassination

MrSqwubbsy

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
What do you think? There are many online forums on this subject but few websites have the calibre of contributors that the FT boasts, so I think it would a go-er not just in this notable year but beyond too.

Re: Dedicated JFK assassination thread in this anniversary y

MrSqwubbsy said:
What do you think? There are many online forums on this subject but few websites have the calibre of contributors that the FT boasts, so I think it would a go-er not just in this notable year but beyond too.
There's bound to be some news stories and retrospective stuff in the media, as we get closer to November. If you find something that you think fits the bill, feel free to start a Fiftieth Anniversary thread on the assassination of JFK.

It was a very big event back then and has bubbled along, both as a subject of historical review and as a focus for conspiracy theories, ever since. Big enough for more than one thread.

In fact, I'll adapt the title of this thread, to save confusion and move it to Conspiracy.

P_M :)

With the 50th anniversary of the assassination looming. The review of a reissue of the ill-fated, The Death of a President, by the historian, William Manchester. Obstructed and censored by the Kennedy family, even though Jacqueline Kennedy had originally asked Manchester to write it.

http://www.theguardian.com/news/2013/oct/07/jfk-assassination-creepiest-detail-parkland

Looks like an ideal birthday or Christmas present. Not just for keen JFK conspiracy theorists, but also the sort of stuff that Forteans in general might enjoy.

For those in Australia, SBS will start its "JFK Season" on November 3.

First up is the documentary "The Smoking Gun" which points the finger at George Hickey being the accidental assassin.

Back