• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

3 A.M.

I remember reading, although i don't remember where, that paranormally stuff happens at 3am, because it's the 'opposite' of 3pm, which apparently is the the time Jesus was crucified.
Well this is plainly nonsense. Mark 15:25 NIV has "It was nine in the morning when they crucified him." The Romans were an efficient bunch and I can't imagine them doing much crucifying at night. Presumably the idea comes from a misunderstanding. King James has "And it was the third hour, and they crucified him." - but this would be the third hour of daylight.

I swear I broke my toe stubbing it on the bedstead in broad daylight. I know, I'm special.
I've mangled my little toes many times. The usual advice is to immobilise the toe yourself with medical tape to stop it flopping around. This is the treatment for either a broken or sprained toe. You probably know all this! :)

Back in the day I'd be making do with nasty plaster-strips. The modern way is all about sending off for comfortable Micropore tape. :cool:

Having said all that, I still need to learn to stop twanging my toes. Amazon can't cure that. :thought:

My right foot is turned out a bit. I'm not sure whether the ankle or leg is slightly twisted. It came into contact with a door frame at the weekend and I almost had a fall.

Good point. I broke a little toe in exactly those circs last year.
I swear I broke my toe stubbing it on the bedstead in broad daylight. I know, I'm special.
I was doing some decorating a few years ago- barefoot- and as I stood up from the crouching position, I got what I can only describe as an 'electric shock' type feeling in my little toe which subsequently also went bright red. I never would have thought that an injured little toe would be enough to stop you being able to walk. I never found out what it was, but it took a good week or so before I could walk without looking like I'd broken my whole leg.

Not sure if this has any connection but in 'Anatomy of a Phenomenon' (1965), Dr Vallee charted hundreds of ufo sightings from people he interviewed and the 'peak times' of interactions was between 10 and 11 pm and 3 and 4 am.

Not sure if this has any connection but in 'Anatomy of a Phenomenon' (1965), Dr Vallee charted hundreds of ufo sightings from people he interviewed and the 'peak times' of interactions was between 10 and 11 pm and 3 and 4 am.
3-4am...something something brain reset, circadian cycle?

3-4am...something something brain reset, circadian cycle?
No idea but there were also daily and monthly cycles as well as certain years that had 'flaps.'
Which is why he proposed a 'control system hypothesis' thinking that the 'entities' had a reinforcement schedule.

Having recently had a bit of a problem which has necessitated painkillers, I can safely say that 3am is that hour of the night when the painkillers taken before bed have worn off, but slightly too early to take the morning dose.

So it's when you lie there, marginally uncomfortable but not in any real degree of pain yet, being really cross.

Years ago I had a drunken argument with my wife. I stormed upstairs after her, with a big bag of crisps in my hand.

She slammed the bedroom door on me, breaking my toe next to the big toe. It's genetic being the longest toe apparently.

I shouted in pain and landed on the bag of crisps, showering the bedroom in small crisp pieces.

We laughed about in the morning, whilst picking bits of crisps stuck to us.

We have several night lights through out our house that really takes the mystery out of a dark house.

Besides I am old and I go to the bathroom through the night.
I have a plug in light in the shaver socket. It's more for visitors than me, I know my house, but there are no street lights outside and my bathroom is downstairs with bonus 'surprise steps' on the way to it. I've been woken many a night when I've had people staying, by a loud 'oh bugger' issuing as someone misses the step up.

I woud love a REALLY GOOD MOAN about all the irritations that come from being over 75 !

I get up a couple of times in the night to go to the loo, and I have painful joints that make sleeping uncomfortable.
As soon as my beloved cat Bruno hears me move, he lands like a baby elephant on the bed, half hoping it's breakfast time.(Purr, purr, BITE!)

I used to do all my own decorating -now I haven't got the energy or enthusiasm.
My balance is not what it was.
I stand on the dining table instead of a chair to clean the lampshade -I've lost 2 inches in height!

I do keep the house clean and tidy, ditto my little garden, but my get up and go has got up and gone!

I find it all VERY DISAPPOINTING.

p.s. I had a second hand-rail put along my staircase, so there's a rail both side -well worth the money!
p.s.(2) Don't tell me it's all better than the alternative. I know....... :)

Back