• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The prosaic explanation is that you left the show an hour earlier than intended, at 5.00pm. Maybe it was such a dull show that you convinced yourself that it was 6 o'clock already?

er, yes you can go up to the the roof. you can choose between taking the stairs or the elevator., but you can definitely get up there.

ginoide said:
er, yes you can go up to the the roof. you can choose between taking the stairs or the elevator., but you can definitely get up there.
In that case, the mystery is solved! Otto was transported from an alternative Milan into this one. In the other one, the cathedral can't be climbed, and they're still on summer time. In this universe, it can, and the clocks have gone back, giving the OP an extra hour. Knew it would be something simple...

Otto_Maddox said:
ginoide said:

normally yes, but this priest-type chap told me i'd have to come back the next day cos it was closed. anyway, this is a minor point and nothing much to do with the matter in hand.

Ah, you don't understand. It was what the priests were doing on the roof that caused the time slip.

You expected much more seriousness here, didn't you? Sorry.

goddam it, i posted a reply on the wrong thread and didnt copy n paste it properly when i tried to move it here. in a nutshell:

i actually think milan is quite cool. has some good nightlife if you know where to look and if you stand up when you drink a coffee then its a fixed charge set by the municipality which is much cheaper than sitting at a table in or outside. thats what most locals do.

i also commented that i like timeslips a lot and wished you well, though didnt hold out much hope that you would get to the bottom of the mystery.

i embellished the contents of my current 2nd paragraph originally, and tried to be suitably well-meaning and chummy which doesnt come across so well in my recap. i would write it out in full again but im late for work and if i dont post now i will forget later.

Interesting post, thank you!

Which makes me wonder ... this is the first Fortean story ever about time GAIN! Why do we hear so much about LOST time (of anal probe fame) and never about FOUND time. Both are equally mysterious.

Umm.

All the usual things that allow me to understand a thread and reply have gone!

Yes - this would be due to Otto Maddox flouncing. See this post for details.

Thread locked, as it no longer serves any purpose (I know, a dangerous criterion on this board, so I'll save it for this one only...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back