• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

9/11 : is this for real?!!

Philo_T

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Awwww, look at the cute doggie!

Errr, that is, look at the cute K-9 "Officer" that died in the WTC collapse!

His name was, wait for it -- Sirius!

Is this for real, or is this some sort of weird NWO Sirian conspiracy cooked up by Robert Anton Wilson?!! (Ok, 9/11 is a little too late to be considered the "dog days")

For a $10 contribution to the memorial fund, you can get a memorial pin that will freak out all your milita member friends!

-----------------------
[more:] another source

cute/weird/creepy/spooky...

Sirius (the star) is also known as the 'Dog Star'...

I think it is real.

Much as I admire the work of Police and Customs dogs (as well as their handlers and other representatives of the services), this is going a bit far.

Where are all the sites about how a close friend or companion who died in 9/11 was a slack bastard with no redeeming features at all?

I must say, it's quite touching the number of tribute pages for fallen K9 officers I turned up while researching this.

Although I still feel that part of what makes the first link I supplied is the nearly terminal degree of sappyness.

And although weird, I think that the dog's name was Sirius is just one of them coincedences, with no hidden meaning. But I'm pretty sure that some Icke-an nutcase will glom onto that eventually.

Oh, I just saw the dog's name as a pun (as is probably intended).

Philo T said:
I must say, it's quite touching the number of tribute pages for fallen K9 officers I turned up while researching this.

Although I still feel that part of what makes the first link I supplied is the nearly terminal degree of sappyness.
Agreed. I have no problem with the idea of people mourning the loss of a beloved animal, or even a human partner. But that site is really tacky.

Still, I guess their hearts are in the right place.

aprapos of sirius, has anyone ever read the sequal to 101 dalmations? I can't see disney making a film of that one. I think Dodie smith lost it when she wrote that. It's all about dogs really coming from sirius and they can open doors and stuff with their minds. Very odd!

Olaf Stapledon's Sirius? A story of a super intelligent dog.

Back