• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Cat-Like Entity

Poppa19

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
When I was about 5 or 6 I was asleep in the back bedroom, second floor in an old Victorian terraced house.
Suddenly I was woken by a stealthy sound, and at first I thought it was my Mum or Dad coming to check on me.
The bedroom was pitch black apart from a dim light that was coming from my parents room.
The sight that greeted me I will never forget till the day I die, it was a pair of yellow eyes, about 4 or 6 inches apart, and about 2.5 to 3 feet of the ground, and cat like, and they were evil.
They held my gaze unblinking, and I have never felt such abject terror, I tried to scream but no sound came out, and all the while the creature was advancing towards me.
Suddenly there was a noise that came from parents room, and it was only then that the eyes blinked, and proceeded to fade out.
I got up, and ran to my parents room, and told them about, and they told I was having a nightmare, little did they know?.
About a year later I was sleeping in the Attic, as I had two more siblings, and like before I was awakened by something.
I proceeded to go down two flights of stairs because I felt compelled to, and when I got to the bottom flight of stairs I was greeted by the same pair of yellow eyes this time outside the window.
I was aware of a Collie we had named "Lassie" whimpering by the cellar door, and when I called her she would not come.
I felt compelled to go towards these eyes, and started to walk to the back door to open it.
Suddenly I was aware of another presence behind me, and I turned to be greeted by the beautiful sight I have seen to this day.
It was about 6 feet tall, and it was shaped like a Fan (The type women Spanish or Chinese women use), and radiated the most striking colours I have seen.
Suddenly the fan Flashed a couple of times, and I turned to look at the Cats eyes, and there was the most horrendous scream, the eyes narrowed, and blinked out, and that was the end of that, or so I thought?.
I have tried to make sense of these two encounters, and it only recently I have come to understand what it means.
I have been picked on by none other than "Flauros" or one of his minions, that's why I have been plagued with Illnesses, injury, and bad luck all my life.
Why I was picked on I do not know?, maybe it's because I'm sensitive to spirits, and have been all my life?.
Here is an Image of my tormentor, i'm not crazy, i have a very analytical mind, and am not prone to flights of fancy, make of it what you will.
Tony

tumblr_lsnbpymETv1qh2jlmo1_500.jpg
[/img]

A strange story, but I'd like to know how you found out its name.

I found this on the Internet:

Duke Flauros

Flauros is a strong Great Duke of Hell, having thirty-six (twenty according to Pseudomonarchia Daemonum) legions of demons under his rule.

He gives true answers of all things past, present and future, but he must be first commanded to enter a magic triangle for if not he will lie, deceive the conjurer, and beguile him in other business. But if he enters the triangle he will answer truly, and gladly speak about divinity, the creation of the world, himself, and other fallen angels. He can also destroy all the conjurer's enemies by burning them up. If the magician requests it, he will not suffer temptations from any spirit or in any form.

Commonly people represent him as a humanoid leopard with big claws. Flauros is depicted as a terrible and strong leopard that under request of the conjurer changes into a man with fiery eyes and an awful expression.

Flauros can also supposedly be called upon when a mortal wishes to take vengeance on other demons. This is likely included in his capability to destroy the conjurer's enemies.

Other spellings: Flavros, Hauras, Haures, Havres. The last three spellings probably came from copyists mistaking the first two letters of "Flauros", when written too closely together, for an "H".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flauros#Duke_Flauros

The triangle seems to relate to the 'fan' you saw. However on this page
http://pathfinder.wikia.com/wiki/Flauros
Flauros is described as

"a huge serpent-like creature with skin like cooling lava that cracks and bursts, unable to contain the incredible heat within. To further his fearsome appearance Flauros's head is a frightful maw of demonic teeth that belches out smoke, magma, and flame and he wields a huge obsidian spear capable of impaling a giant. :shock:

All very puzzling!

Hi rynner I know that i had done research on the Demon myself, and i had bought that page up you did. It's from wiki. Thank's for taking an interest.

What convinced you that you saw a demon?

Mythopoeika said:

What convinced me. Well we didn't have a cat, especially of that size, and i had the overpowering sense of evil coming from this entity. If you think i was dreaming how come i can remember it like it was yesterday?. Did you read my intitial post in it's entirety?. :confused:

Tony.

Poppa19 said:
Mythopoeika said:

What convinced me. Well we didn't have a cat, especially of that size, and i had the overpowering sense of evil coming from this entity. If you think i was dreaming how come i can remember it like it was yesterday?. Did you read my intitial post in it's entirety?. :confused:

Tony.

I think what Myth meant was what made you think that it was a demon rather than any other explanation (see Mothman, aliens/UFO's, Cryptoids etc)

Whatever you experienced has obviously left it's mark but it is worth remembering that the mind is capable of manifesting all sorts of weird and wonderful things without the person having to be crazy or what not. Can you be sure that this was in fact an external event and not just a contortion of the mind or a waking dream?

And it is entirely possible that you were dreaming. Waking dreams are just as vivid as real life and can often seen even more real that "reality". It is prefectly possible for you to have dreamed this event and for your mind to experience it as real.

When I was around 6 years old, I woke up to find I had been stabbed in the back. I could feel the knife sticking out and see the pool of blood on my bed. I ran screaming downstairs. Both I and my parents still remember it. I looked awake, I could interact with them, talk and move and I still remember running downstairs, crying and begging for them to pull the knife out because I didn't want to die. They pretended to do so and I returned to bed.

Now, almost 30 years later, I understand that I obviously wasn't stabbed but that event is "real" in my mind. I can clearly remember the knife and blood. If it had been any other experience (seeing a goblin, flying etc) then I would be convinced that it had happened.

Hi Tony

Interesting story.

Might surprise you to learn that I've read a story about a pair of cat-like, unblinking, disembodied eyes encountered by an investigator in an abandoned trailer somewhere in the States. If my recollection is correct the eyes encountered were red, cat-like and floating about 3 or 4 feet off the ground. They didn't blink and they followed the investigator as he moved. I recall they too faded out as daylight arrived.

Think I read it on Obi Wan's Paranormal pages.

I'll see if I can find it though where to start...I may have posted somewhere on these boards.

Hi Ringo. First of all "I Know what I saw", the feeling of evil I got from this thing on both occasions was palpable, it came over me in waves. What sticks in my mind on the second occasion was that when I called to the dog I felt the fear in her as well, it was like she was telling me to not go near.

Tony

Moooksta said:
Hi Tony

Interesting story.

Might surprise you to learn that I've read a story about a pair of cat-like, unblinking, disembodied eyes encountered by an investigator in an abandoned trailer somewhere in the States. If my recollection is correct the eyes encountered were red, cat-like and floating about 3 or 4 feet off the ground. They didn't blink and they followed the investigator as he moved. I recall they too faded out as daylight arrived.

Think I read it on Obi Wan's Paranormal pages.

I'll see if I can find it though where to start...I may have posted somewhere on these boards.

Hi Mook, and cheers, i would be interested to read that.

Ringo_ said:
Poppa19 said:
Mythopoeika said:

Tony.

I think what Myth meant was what made you think that it was a demon rather than any other explanation (see Mothman, aliens/UFO's, Cryptoids etc)

Yep.

Edit: And yes, I did read your post in its entirety. I just generally think it's a good idea not to jump to conclusions.

Poppa19 said:

You're gonna like me mate...found the story and also found another, this one taking place in Glasgow.

The thread of "Disembodied Eyes"

EDIT: Interesting Poppa uses the same expression used by others..."they just faded away"

Moooksta said:
Interesting Poppa uses the same expression used by others..."they just faded away"

Like the Cheshire Cat! :mrgreen:

Moooksta said:
Poppa19 said:

You're gonna like me mate...found the story and also found another, this one taking place in Glasgow.

The thread of "Disembodied Eyes"

EDIT: Interesting Poppa uses the same expression used by others..."they just faded away"

Cheers Mook, i knew you'd come up trumps. Thank you, it was an interesting read

Mythopoeika said:
Moooksta said:
Interesting Poppa uses the same expression used by others..."they just faded away"

I thought it was the smile that faded last Myth :D

Poppa19 said:
Cheers Mook, i knew you'd come up trumps. Thank you, it was an interesting read

You're very welcome sir.

I love a good disembodied eyes story myself having encountered Cormons in south west France. One of the links on that thread discuss a "large, catlike entity".
:shock:

Poppa19 said:
Mythopoeika said:
Moooksta said:

I thought it was the smile that faded last Myth :D

cheshire.gif

It's a curious tale you have there, Poppa! Thanks for sharing it with us. I don't know how to judge your feelings that you encountered Flauros specifically, but zoomorphic entities are common in both folklore and the experiences recounted by many people. The sense of dread you felt is also common to supernatural experiences involving entities. Whatever kind of encounter you had on these occasions, it seems likely it's one shared by folk going back to humanity's earliest times.

Thank you for responding Paul. I can't describe the feelings i felt at the time because words can not describe it.
Throughout my life i have been afraid of nothing apart from dying with cancer or being eaten by a carnivore. but i cant describe it, it was almost tangible if you get my drift.

Tony

poppa, could i ask you what your religious believes are?

Hi Titch . I'm Taoist. I was raised as a Christian until i saw through all the lies.
I have always been a free thinker, not bogged down by Dogma LOL.

poppa do you think you may have some christian beliefs still lingering that has effected how you think of what ever it was you seen?

its not that i disbelieve you, but maybe you seen something strange and the christian in you said "eeek demon!!"

And hello rover, yep its titch, i had a PC breakdown, lost all my passwords then the message board wouldnt let titch2 and titch3 post

Hi Titch4 No my parents were not religious, in fact my Dad was firmly anti-religion. When i say i had Christian beliefs when i was young, i meant that was what the schools taught.
Even then at a young age i spotted inconsistencies in the Bible, so from a young age i was starting (How can i put it) turn my back on religion, at least in the mainstream.

Poppa19 said:
Even then at a young age i spotted inconsistencies in the Bible, so from a young age i was starting (How can i put it) turn my back on religion, at least in the mainstream.

Is Taoism a religion? It just seems like you've just swapped one set of beliefs for another.
Sorry, off-topic I know.

Not really, Taoism is the only way i can describe my beliefs.
I'm a great believer in nature, and all things natural.
I refuse to believe in a disembodied entity whatever form he comes in, by blind faith alone.
There is no evidence of him/her, yet nature is all around us.

Forgive the thread resurrection. This just seems like the most relevant place to put this experience. I'm new here so sorry if I've done it wrong posting this here.

Am not prone to 'ghosts' - like my other experience, this one was witnessed by someone else as well as myself.

It happened a few months back. We were driving along a road I have known all my life, and been driven on as a child by my dad or grandad and as an adult, by myself or others. It is one of those 'know it like the back of my hand' roads.

It's an old road coming out of York.

We often go out one night a week and drive home around midnight, or a bit later. We always drive on this road. I was about to say we have never had any particularly weird experiences on it but my husband did, not far from the same spot, a few years ago (in broad daylight).

This time we were driving at midnight and (this will make you cynical) in the fog. Visibility at a small distance was zero but close up in the headlights/foglights, clear. Because of the fog and because we'd had a good night out with friends and in no rush to get home and no other cars on this road (it's rare to be overtaken even once the whole way home after midnight, there) we were maybe 10 MPH even less, crawling along, as we hit the edge of some woods on a big bend in the road.

As we hit this point, I saw something odd. What appeared to be a shadow, slowly crossing the road. So slowly that we slowed the car even more (although at the time I didn't register the fact this meant my husband - the driver - had seen whatever it was, as well). And we watched it, this vaguely round shadow (not in the shape of anything in particular but the size of a cat), as it hit the grass verge. Where it materialised. As a cat. There had been no cat on the road (just this shadow moving at walking speed) but then on the grass verge, suddenly it was no longer a shadow but a cat.

I am certain it wasn't a cat or even the shape of a cat, on the tarmac. Just a vaguely round little kind of shadow. Which is what attracted our attention as you don't expect to see shadows at night and if you did, it would have something solid casting it.

No eyes lit up in the headlights, and we got close enough to it to see it really clearly in our lights, despite the fog.

When it reached the grass verge, it materialised but was transparent. And you could see the plants through it and the other side of it. It slipped into the edge of the woods and appeared to vanish. All this probably took a few seconds.

A few yards further on and one of us said to the other: "Did you just see what I saw?" And I refused to say anything til my husband described what he'd seen - which was precisely what I'd seen. It wasn't scary. Just ridiculous. Why on earth see a cat?

There are no houses nearby, and in the decades I have known this road I have never once, before or since, seen a cat of any description.

My husband remarked that the vegetation he could see behind it simply wasn't there. It was just grass in actuality. Not little shrubby things.

In the daylight when we went to look not only was it just grass (so a timeslip? As the background, as well as the cat, weren't there....) but, stranger still, a small mesh fence to keep game in the woods, without a single break in it, right at the point it 'disappeared'. No cat, not even a tiny one, could get through that fence. It was walking - and vanished. Didn't jump to the top of a fence, just... disappeared. (I'd assumed into the woods). I could see right through it and had absolutely no doubt what I was seeing was not a flesh and blood cat. It also didn't stare down or look towards our car, not once. Acted as if there wasn't a tonne of metal metres away. We were moving incredibly slowly, as I say. Due to the fog and also because we like to look for owls and deer.

I have looked and looked online for any paranormal stories for this area or the nearest villages - nothing. Nada. No-one else seems to have ever seen anything odd.

The strange thing my husband saw previously was in the field next to this wood. He saw a woman in very formal 1940s or early 50s clothing, stood in a field (again middle of nowhere, no car, no pavements to get there from, not in the village) looking at something on the field's edge, looking distraught - as if she was crying her heart out - to the point he nearly stopped the car but something told him to drive on. This was one afternoon with good light, after leaving work. He says he'd have thought it odd even if she wasn't in period clothing - because she was so obviously visibly upset and looking at something a few metres from the road, in the field.

Well Ghosts that is one interesting story, and i believe you.
The Ghost cat would not have reflective eyes mainly dark holes or normal eyes.
The woman in the 40's or 50's dress was probably killed in that area.

Thank you for an interesting story.

Poppa19 said:

Probably making up his own narrative but my husband thought the woman was visiting the site of a WW2 aircraft crash, where she'd lost a loved one, maybe (this area was covered with WW2 airfields, because it's flat). I have looked online today and just found out it was close by a long gone mental hospital, and apparently a temporary military hospital housed in huts was built nearby - but I can't find mention of any specific plane coming down. I know there were numerous though in the villages roundabout. I know my uncle took a propellor from one crashed plane in his fields, in the next village along and in another nearby village, a plane crashed in the field behind the church. In this village one came down in a field, too. Yet another story (I don't think it's apocryphal) is of an allied plane still upside down in the river, near here. So many limped home and crashed when nearly at the airfield... I suppose it's too big a task for someone to have mapped all the known WW2 crash sites? But anyway, that's what he thought as he is a bit of a costume historian and thought her clothing was either late 40s or early 50s... (As I say, the mental hospital was nearby til the 1980s so she might have just been an escapee... :lol: )

What interests me now a bit of time has passed and I think about this, is that familiarity breeds contempt but... it's a section of road I have known since I was a kid. So very boring and ordinary to me. And not a road I am hyper-alert on, or ready for 'supernatural' events as I have been driven or driven myself down it, on and off, my entire life without any incident.

Despite thinking she was finding where a plane had crashed, my husband is still fully open to the possibility the woman he saw was just some vintage clothes enthusiast in a particularly good outfit. In which case it was only spooky at all as she was so visibly upset and also as there was no sign of a car anywhere so to be at that point she'd have had to walk, some way, on a lane with no pavement, in very formal clothes. And was alone.

drbates said:
Poppa19 said:

Why would a ghost cat not have reflective eyes?

I wondered that too. Could be it never looked at us directly - could be it just didn't have them. But usually if we pass cats at night, we see the eyes which is why this struck me as weird (although the fact it was a shadow then a see through cat is possibly weirder).

Back