• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Controlled Natural Disaster is better than a False Flag

Jonfairway

Justified & Ancient
Could a global pandemic be used to destabilize a region ? and be completely
invisible as a deliberate intervention ?

I do wonder at the latest Ebola, there seemed very little being done when the outbreak was easier to contain !!

This has also occured to me. :(

Re: A Controlled Natural Disaster is better than a False Fla

Jonfairway said:
Could a global pandemic be used to destabilize a region ? and be completely
invisible as a deliberate intervention ?

I do wonder at the latest Ebola, there seemed very little being done when the outbreak was easier to contain !!
Perhaps it's worth pointing out that one of the main reasons that this epidemic got out of hand is because many locals in some of the affected States lost their trust in the medical authorities and started attacking the health workers trying to deal with the problem.

Villagers Stone Workers Tracking Ebola in Sierra Leone

Ebola Crisis In West Africa Worsened By Patients Shunning Treatment

Ebola outbreak: Guinea health team killed

Might be worth wondering who gains by spreading bullshit misinformation and conspiracy theories about epidemic prevention efforts? That's a pandemic that has obviously spread far from Africa and all around the World in a very short space of time.

Conservative Columnist: Is The Government Orchestrating The Ebola Crisis To Confiscate Guns?
WND's Brittany: Ebola And "Disposable FEMA Coffins" Could Point To "Martial Law"

Inside the Bizarre Right-Wing Panic over Ebola Virus Coming to the US
The conservative mindset is tailor-made for opportunities for paranoia and isolation.

Yes, it's up there with Vaccines Spread Disease (we had our own version of this with Wakefield and autism), and Health Clinics Make You Impotent. So cui bono?

should'nt all the labs across the world be looking at finding an answer to this ?

seems to be pretty laid back !!!

lots of talking....

should'nt all the labs across the world be looking at finding an answer to this ?

There's pretty intensive work going on all over the world. It wasn't really happening prior to this outbreak because pharmaceutical companies didn't see sufficient profit in it.

Perhaps it's worth pointing out that one of the main reasons that this epidemic got out of hand is because many locals in some of the affected States lost their trust in the medical authorities and started attacking the health workers trying to deal with the problem.

Yes, citizens in Sierra Leone, Liberia and Guinea have good reason to be suspicious of their governments and officialdom in general and this has certainly hampered attempts to bring the virus under control. Nigeria and Senegal appear to have controlled outbreaks in their countries.

Some diseases are traditionally considered more 'worthy' than others of the effort to research and develop vaccines and cures. Not from a moral viewpoint, but because research follows the money. It's not nice, but there you go.

Diseases of affluence such as cancer, heart problems and diabetes have money thrown at them because they afflict rich people, to whom cures can be sold.

Sometimes the problem of diseases of the affluent can help patients (and the health industry) of the developing world.
As an example, Hansen's disease (leprosy) rarely occurs in the affluent West. There are still sufferers elsewhere though.
Companies researching lucrative diabetes treatment take a close interest in HD because both diseases cause similar effects, in particular peripheral neuropathy (nerve damage) which can lead to amputation of limbs.

So... ebola? It used to be Over There, nothing to worry about, but now it might be Over Here and we don't like that. There'll be some frenzied research and development going on. Not to help people in the African countries, of course, but for *our* protection.

garrick92 said:
I was thinking about this thread, and analysing my own unconscious thinking about the subject, and it suddenly became clear to me that the envisioned 'US ebola epidemic' (that is, as the apocalyptic scenario being touted by US right wing media) is strongly correlated in my mind with imagery from the recent plague of zombie invasion movies and TV series -- you know, shambling semi-animate corpses everywhere, oozing from every orifice, hungry for human flesh and the contagion spreading via bite wounds.

Am I the only person whose mind has made this connection?
You're not alone. That's the pre-existing narrative that this whole mess fits rather too neatly into.

Daily Mirror: Ebola victims in African village 'rise from the dead' causing panic and fear among locals
Villagers believe two female victims of the killer disease have been resurrected and are now walking among the living

Above Top Secret: Zombie apocalypse is a scientific possibility.

Reuters: Is Ebola the real ‘World War Z?’ (Spoiler alert: It’s not)
By Max Brooks (author of The Zombie Survival Guide & World War Z)

Suffice it to say, some stories of a satirical nature have also been passed round as true.

Bad Satire Today: Not True: Zombie Ebola Victim Rises From Dead

garrick92 said:
Thanks for those links -- I had no idea, hadn't looked into it at all.

Those of the Ickean persuasion, among whose members I am not, often speak of something called 'pre-conditioning', in which the public are softened up for forthcoming events and disasters via the media. While I don't think it's at all credible, I must admit that it is surprising how often supposed 'examples' of this occur.

So...what they're saying is that they think the ebola plague has occurred in a planned way?

What a Planka, eh?

Edit: It is true what he says, though. The planet and all of humanity would be better off without so many people.

The Ickeans are indeed a strange group but they often notice the hidden hand of alphabet agencies and turn out to be right.

Who wants to bet that the surviving 5 per cent envisioned by Pianka would include himself and his family?

Signs that my eyesight is deteriorating...I thought the man's name was 'Planka'.
After reading Rosebud's post, I checked and...yup, it is 'Pianka'.

Mythopoeika said:
Signs that my eyesight is deteriorating...I thought the man's name was 'Planka'.
Pronounced : 'Plonka'

Pietro_Mercurios said:
Mythopoeika said:
Pronounced : 'Plonka'

Indeed! :lol:

Mythopoeika said:
What a Planka, eh?

Edit: It is true what he says, though. The planet and all of humanity would be better off without so many people.

Well, maybe exterminate 90% of rural people and the remaining 10% could be put to work providing food for City dwellers.

From, Media Matters for America:

How Right-Wing Media Have Used Ebola To Scare Americans
Since the first confirmed case of Ebola in the United States, conservatives have used the disease to try to stoke fear. Their anti-government conspiracy theories about the disease all sound remarkably similar, whether they are aired on Fox News, right-wing radio, or elsewhere.

Of course, the fear of contagion goes hand in hand with the US hard-Right's present, extreme, isolationist stance. It's not just about physical contagion, it's also about a perceived contagion of the body politic, an internationalist multiculturalist sickness threatening the US as something unique, exceptional, privileged and predominantly, WASP.

Back