• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Different Kind Of Dream

grimnebulin

soul of a hippy, mouth of a sailor
First of all, apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place. So many people were kind enough to post on my other thread and I hope this will be of interest to someone. Last night I had a dream that disturbed me and left me with a kind of 'dream hangover', if that makes sense. In the dream I was hurrying through various rooms, convinced that I'd had a baby I'd forgotten about, and was now dead somewhere due to my lack of care. I felt this terrible sense of panic that was somehow connected to my son (aged 26) and this awful 'oh no, oh no, it's terrible' thing going through my head. In the dream my son appeared in front of me and I put my arms around him and I was saying 'it's ok, it's ok' really trying to reassure him. When I woke up I had a bad headache that felt like an impending migraine. I went out, hoping some fresh air would help, visited my Dad, did some shopping. Then my phone rang. It was my daughter in tears, telling me my son was distraught because one of his close friends had killed himself last night. I don't want to be so crass or disrespectful to a family who must be suffering more than I can comprehend, as to suggest that I 'foresaw' their son's death. This isn't the first time I've had 'evidence' of a strong, almost psychic bond with my son, when he was feeling distressed and needed me. It breaks my heart that a young man of 25, felt he had no options left but to take his own life. Hug your boys, everyone, (and your girls, of course)

Back