• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A Four-Metre Tall Being In Italy: Hoax?

FreddyKrueger

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
It was sighted in Mortigliano, near Udine in the north east of Italy. It seemed like a mothman without wings.
There’s only a witness who releases interviews, but it seemed there are others witnesses which don’t wish to give their names. Perhaps it’s an hoax, and in my opinion the picture is probably an hoax:

http://www.blitzquotidiano.it/foto-noti ... a-1162234/

(Everything is in Italian: sorry!)
The suspect thing is this: a famous (in Italy) ufo writer, Antonio Chiumiento, is monopolizing the case in the newspapers and in the tv programs:

The fact is happened just before a Chiumiento’s new book has arrived in the bookstores … somebody says that the first inquiries were not very serious, there was too hurry for giving the new to the media.

Other links (in English):
http://www.ufo-blogger.com/2012/02/form ... -tall.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Jerry_B said:
Seems like a pretty poor fake IMHO.

I agree. Here is the text in English anyway.

MORTEGLIANO (UD) - The story was repeated by Blitzquotidiano , quell'alieno "spotted" on the road Napoleonic Mortlake (Udine) had intrigued us, but according to a ufologist Gazzettino would only be contacted by a "trap".
Antonio Chiumiento speaks directly to those who took the photo and asking him to deny in person.
The story in question is well reconstructed by Gazzettino, complete with a tale of two witnesses.
"I was with my girlfriend return from an evening at the pub at Villanova (presumably nell'Udinese, ed.) When appartatomi with my girlfriend in the car we fall asleep exhausted, around 5 am and 45". A thud wakes them up with a start: the car is shaking and will not start, the leaves move, but there is no wind.
"After about 40 minutes we wake up suddenly because of a crash that does pretty shook up the car, I thought at first it was a tire burst, when I realize that the space in front and fenced in a violent swaying trees and leaves without reason or wind. The phenomenon lasts several minutes, we decide to go away but to no avail, the car will not start. "
"We remain locked in the car powerless, I take the phone to record a video but by default the software will not start the application and failure to take a picture, my astonishment and my girlfriend when we saw a strange figure in it ...".

The article link in post #1 is still viable, but the photo is MIA.

Here's a copy of the photo most widely associated with this story (and presumably the photo that accompanied the cited article).

186942_0120320_foto_b.jpg

And here's a 'reconstruction' of the alleged figure ...

Italy-Alien.jpg

Back