• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

A powerful dream

baza270577

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
(I put this on a dedicated dream website forum last week but no one has offered an interpretation yet so I wondered if there were any dream experts on here??!)

I had a very powerful dream a few nights ago (Just a bit of background information that is relevant: I was staying at a backpackers hostel in Penzance, Cornwall (UK) on a Friday night after returning to the mainland from the Isles of Scilly where I’d spent 6 weeks. I had come on the ferry with my female housemate from Scilly – It was just a coincidence that we were travelling on the same day and staying at the same hostel. We hadn’t booked in the knowledge of each other’s plans – to be honest we got on OK but didn’t spend much time together on Scilly. She was leaving quite early the next morning while I was staying in Penzance until Monday.)
Anyway the dream: It was Saturday morning. Me and my housemate were trying to leave the hostel to go to the station as I wanted to wave her off. It felt really important to me to do that. But there was a riot (like last summer in London etc) going on outside. One of the main rioters was one of the barmen from one of the pubs in Scilly that I went to quite often and where my housemate worked in the evening washing dishes. We tried to leave the hostel but we got knocked over by rioters and I tried to protect her but we both ended up on the pavement. She suffered a minor cut but after a few seconds of working out what happened I burst into tears. I said “Sorry i’m not normally like this.” She replied “Its Ok, this has been building up and you’ve been holding it in for ages” We then scurried away to a bus station that had a really wide cobbled road leading up to it but a plane was trying to land on it like a runway. Someone shouted to get out of the road as the plane couldn’t land. The plane then started veering all over the place like it was going to crash and started turning in loops faster and faster before it became a massive star and the sky turned orange and there was a pulsing electric like sound. We scrambled indoors and apparently the plane had created an ‘electromagnetic vacuum’ and we were now trapped in this room which was like an old theatre. My housemate said she could sort it and in all the seats were floppy knitted but friendly looking gorillas and my housemate made them sing which cleared the vacuum outside. She then said it was time for her to go. We smiled awkwardly (kind of like when you want to hug someone but don’t know if you should) Then my mum was there and I was comforted by that and pleased that she’d come. I then coughed up what looked like a load of broken pottery that was kind of held together by a gum like substance followed by some murky looking fluid. I told my mum I’d been having catarrh...
And then I woke up. My feeling immediately after waking up was kind of, well... brilliant. That’s the best way I can describe it. And I also felt that whatever had caused that dream came from somewhere deep within my subconscious and has always been there and that it was something new that I haven’t experienced before...

(* an interesting occurence since I wrote this. I hardly ever go on Facebook now but I just happened to log on a couple of days ago, just to keep my account active really. There was a message from my friend, just about a poster we had been talking about when we were travelling together. However at the moment I started reading her message, my phone on my desk, which I hadn't yet switched on (something that you have to hold the button down for a few seconds to achieve), switched itself on....

This is very interesting but a little hard to follow. Some paragraph breaks would make it easier! :D

I use paragraphs of about 2-3 sentences on here to encourage readers to persevere. We don't all have young eyes, y'know. ;)

(I put this on a dedicated dream website forum last week but no one has offered an interpretation yet so I wondered if there were any dream experts on here??!)

I had a very powerful dream a few nights ago (Just a bit of background information that is relevant: I was staying at a backpackers hostel in Penzance, Cornwall (UK) on a Friday night after returning to the mainland from the Isles of Scilly where I’d spent 6 weeks.

I had come on the ferry with my female housemate from Scilly – It was just a coincidence that we were travelling on the same day and staying at the same hostel. We hadn’t booked in the knowledge of each other’s plans – to be honest we got on OK but didn’t spend much time together on Scilly. She was leaving quite early the next morning while I was staying in Penzance until Monday.)

Anyway the dream: It was Saturday morning. Me and my housemate were trying to leave the hostel to go to the station as I wanted to wave her off. It felt really important to me to do that. But there was a riot (like last summer in London etc) going on outside. One of the main rioters was one of the barmen from one of the pubs in Scilly that I went to quite often and where my housemate worked in the evening washing dishes. We tried to leave the hostel but we got knocked over by rioters and I tried to protect her but we both ended up on the pavement. She suffered a minor cut but after a few seconds of working out what happened I burst into tears. I said “Sorry i’m not normally like this.” She replied “Its Ok, this has been building up and you’ve been holding it in for ages”

We then scurried away to a bus station that had a really wide cobbled road leading up to it but a plane was trying to land on it like a runway. Someone shouted to get out of the road as the plane couldn’t land. The plane then started veering all over the place like it was going to crash and started turning in loops faster and faster before it became a massive star and the sky turned orange and there was a pulsing electric like sound. We scrambled indoors and apparently the plane had created an ‘electromagnetic vacuum’ and we were now trapped in this room which was like an old theatre.

My housemate said she could sort it and in all the seats were floppy knitted but friendly looking gorillas and my housemate made them sing which cleared the vacuum outside. She then said it was time for her to go. We smiled awkwardly (kind of like when you want to hug someone but don’t know if you should) Then my mum was there and I was comforted by that and pleased that she’d come. I then coughed up what looked like a load of broken pottery that was kind of held together by a gum like substance followed by some murky looking fluid. I told my mum I’d been having catarrh...

And then I woke up. My feeling immediately after waking up was kind of, well... brilliant. That’s the best way I can describe it. And I also felt that whatever had caused that dream came from somewhere deep within my subconscious and has always been there and that it was something new that I haven’t experienced before...

(* an interesting occurence since I wrote this. I hardly ever go on Facebook now but I just happened to log on a couple of days ago, just to keep my account active really. There was a message from my friend, just about a poster we had been talking about when we were travelling together. However at the moment I started reading her message, my phone on my desk, which I hadn't yet switched on (something that you have to hold the button down for a few seconds to achieve), switched itself on....

I liked the stream of consciousness effect.

Sometimes, our minds, after a period of stress, or similar, given the right circumstances, sometimes do some spring cleaning.

I once had a dream, where I had been doing a difficult job. Finally when I had given in my notice and was ready to leave, I had a vivid dream, of a trip under the sea, in the sumptuous, red velvet and Victorian gilt, Walt Disney version of the Nautilus. Captain Nemo had been replaced by this red haired female work colleague of mine, who took the job very seriously.

We surfaced and she showed me round this island fairground where everything looked okay, only on the surface, behind the scenes, everything was hollow, a stage set of cardboard, masking corruption.

Ultimately, it was my psyche, letting off steam. I felt the better for it, in the morning.

maybe you should throw out caution and tell her the dream although its supposed to be bad form i find choice of moment to be the determinant of that ...

Powerful Dream

Seems to me that there is a decided need for a separate dream section on this site and I have suggested it. The airplane landing indicates the not-so-successful end to a journey, so perhaps it is about your vacation ending or maybe that upon your return you have to make decisions about the next stage of your life, which you may feel will have life-altering or even disastrous results. Friendly gorillas seem to indicated powerful, yet eccentric, friends who would be happy to help and encourage you. Or not. Still studying this dream analysis stuff.

I'm not a dream interpreter or anything like that, just a fellow dreamer who sometimes thinks about it too.

My own opinion is that the bizarre imagery in dreams is the mind defragging its hard drive; what matters most in a dream is the emotions/feelings, and any personal associations you might make. ISTM that this bit

but after a few seconds of working out what happened I burst into tears. I said “Sorry i’m not normally like this.” She replied “Its Ok, this has been building up and you’ve been holding it in for ages”

After that point, it seems the imagery in the dream gets really bizarre - maybe your mind trying to distract you from whatever maybe is actually building up in you, wanting release, but difficult to face? Maybe something that's somehow been sparked by this housemate IRL - e.g., she reminds you of someone, or the interactions you did have with her have reminded you of something? And then all the bizarre imagery comes in like your mind saying, "Whoa, this is getting too serious here!" and throwing in a bit of levity.

Totally a shot in the dark. I'm reading your dream as if it were mine, but your dreams aren't the product of my mind, are they!

Back