• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Absolutely Normal

A

Anonymous

I just wondered if I am the only person to have seen absolutely nothing weird or abnormal in their lifetime.......does the fact that I have never had a fortean experience of any kind make ME the odd one out??

Sorry if this post on in the wrong place!!

Yes. :p

I've been asking people for their paranormal stories since I was a kid and most have something. In small groups where everyone is fessing up something (everything from past life memories, to a family ghost, to seeing objects move, to knowing the phone will ring before it does, etc) the few who have never experienced anything feel like they've missed some right of passage.

I always thought, though, that folks like you were just really rational. If you heard a noise, it must be an animal or the house settling. If you saw something out of the corner of your eye, you were just tired. If you thought the phone was going to ring and it did, it was just coincidence. Rationality always seemed so nice and peaceful and I tried to emulate it. Sometimes though, the things I experienced just would not be ignored and would happen in front of other witnesses so I couldn't deny them. (sigh)

See that’s just, I can't think of anything weird that I have seen. I love reading about fortean type topics, but my life seems rather lacking in the unexplained. I think the only real mystery is why I keep working where I do!!!
I wonder....if some people are 'sensitive' to the paranormal could others actually block it out?? Perhaps that’s me....in which case don't take me on a ghost hunt!!

What do other people think about that theory???

Back