• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alien video i saw years ago

A

Anonymous

Hi everybody. I stumbled across this site a few months ago, and I love it. every night i'll sit here reading for hours. Anyway, I'm new here, and I have a question.

A few years ago, I was watching the tv...Fox, and supposedly they had found a tape in an old abandoned house. I, and my friend who also saw this show, both believe it was fake, after all... it was on Fox. But it was still a pretty scary tape.

It started out showing a family gathering for a holiday, I believe it was thanksgiving, when all of a sudden the power went out in the house. They came to the conclusion to go and check the fuse box on the power line. When they went outside, (and yes for some reason, someone was taping all of this) they saw lights in the woods. they went to investigate... and saw a ship with lights and beings walking up the hill towards them, so they booked it back to the house.

I don't remember the entire show, only a few significant parts. Like everyone suffereing from a terrible headache and a light zooming through the house.
Two men went around the house with shot-guns, they came back with the guns melted.
The guy with the camera went around the house, and it showed the foot of something entering a window on the roof just as it came into frame.

The video ended with the guy with the camera alone in a dark room, then all you heard was the door open and slam shut, then the camera turned around to show him frozen... then static.

If anybody knows what I'm talking about, maybe you could help me remember more. I've been trying to find this video on the internet, with no luck so far.

Hello, Ebble, and welome to FTMB!

Was this film supposed to be factual or was it just a movie?

Carole

I think it was made by a family and they sold it to fox. it was all filmed on a home video camera.

It seemed real.... almost, but my reasoning kept nagging at me that it couldn't be.

So I think it was a made or tv. special. Definatly not a 'movie'.

Welcome, Ebble!!

IIRC, the people who made that video did actually
attempt to sell it, but they freely admitted that it
was "for entertainment only".

I do remember seeing clips, and that it did,
look frightening. They used home video, because
we are so used to seeing "real life" on video --
that made it all the more frightening.

There are even behind-the-scenes
photos from it on the web,
one of which is the child
playing the grey without his mask.

Check this link out:
http://www.abduct.com/question/q25.htm
But the ultimate proof is here:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0142074/
The woman playing the mother was on X-Files several times!

Still... it sounds like the perfect dark and stormy night
kind of movie!
TVgeek

Yep, thats the show I saw. Do you know if there's anywhere I could find it on the internet?

I've seen this video you speak of. What's more, I used to own a copy, but I lost it somehow... Regardless, I can certainly vouch for it's lack of authenticity. There were some scary parts, I'll admit, and the aliens looked pretty authentic IMO, but the characters were just that. Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the program, but I know you can find info online if you look hard enough. I found the full cast listing one time, back when I knew what to look for.

The "purchase" icons on the IMDB website are all
blanked for Amazon in the US, UK and Canada...
that means no luck for any of us as far as VHS or DVD...

This website supposedly leads to someone who has
it for sale:

http://www.badmovieplanet.com/3btheater/a/alienabductionIII.html

Although, it sounds like a huge download,
I'm sure SOMEONE has digitized it
for web distribution! (Any BitTorrent users out there?) ;)

TVgeek

Sertile said:
There were some scary parts, I'll admit, and the aliens looked pretty authentic IMO

Oh aye?-so how many 'Aliens' wander down your street on a regular basis?

The greys looked like living creatures, at least, and not just suits. Their spaceship was really hideous, though. It looked like a barn with lights on it. Also, the light that bounces around their house resembles a giant Photoshop lens flair... The odd thing about the aliens was that they blinked. I wouldn't have imagined something with such big eyes being able to blink, but it seemed strangely natural. Maybe they used real aliens and everything else was faked!

Blinkin' Aliens! I have read references to typical Greys and blinkability else where. How prevailent are blinkers?
:hmph:

Back