• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alleged Alien Photos (Filiberto Caponi; Italy; 1993)

A

Anonymous

You can find a number of unconvincing alien photos ...

Some of my favourites can be found in the book 'Unearthly Disclosures' by Timothy Good. If you ever check it out, I recommend some of the later Filiberto Caponi photographs, which made me laugh so hard I nearly puked. ...

Last edited by a moderator:
there was a pic of an alleged e.b.e. in one of timothy good's books. it was a colour polaroid, taken, i think, in italy, it looked greenish yellowish, like a small child with very dark eyes sat on the floor. i seem to recall that it appeared over the space of a few nights, when i cannot remember. anyone know anything of this creature or any follow-ups?

Yeah, this is in Tim Good's book Unearthly Disclosure, published by Arrow Books in 2001. The pictures are highly dubious, frankly. They seem show a small humanoid creature who appears severely, dreadfully burned.
The pics were taken by one Filiberto Caponi in the town of Pretare, Italy in May 1993. The case caused a stir in Italy after some newspaper articles and a TV showing.
A lot of people went looking for the creature in and around Pretare after that, but I'm not aware of any further sightings. Apparently Caponi, who was incidentally an expert ceramic artist (the EBE could well be a ceramic model) eventually admitted that the case was a hoax, but may have done so to dispose of unwanted media attention.
I guess it's just another of those "you decide" cases. The above book goes into detail. You can buy my old paperback copy for three quid if you want (cost 5.99 new).

Big Bill Robinson

no, it's not burned, i knopw the on ehe means. it's in "alien base"

Faggus said:
no, it's not burned, i know the one he means. it's in "alien base"

Well, in the book I've got, Unearthly Disclosure, the poor creature looks as if it's been attacked with a flame-thrower a week or two earlier. Or maybe it was in a nasty UFO crash. :confused:
What the heck, it's probably a model anyway.

alien photo

caponi04t.jpg
this the photo i meant, and i found a link to an article about it here but after reading it, and seeing the other photos in the article, it does seem to be a fake, but who knows...

Sample

As Neil Young sang, I need a unit to sample and hold. In other words, if they can get a photograph, why can they never get a body or tissue sample? It sure wouldn't take much to prove conclusively that such a being is not of earthly origin, any competent DNA lab could do it.

Unless and until we get said sample, photographs must remain iffy at best.

I find much of the evidence for it being the photographer's wife pretty convincing.

But... I've always found that this pic has something really unsettling about it, and I still feel that way looking at it now.
i find the pictures taken by the italian capony of a hurt UFOnaut even more unsettling and a bit disturbing too

Last edited:
i find the pictures take by the italian capony of a hurt UFOnaut even more unsettling and a bit disturbing too

Yeah, I've seen those. Very interesting, the creature in them is strangely proportioned and so odd looking. If I remember correctly, there was some strange activity around at the time, livestock found dead, strange noises and doubtless some others that have slipped my mind- a pity that these other factors didn't seem to lead to any other witnesses, as far as I'm aware.

The guy's name was Filiberto Caponi, I think a Google search for his name may find something. The pics were also in one of Timothy Good's books, which is where I read the story.
Ah yes, I have seen those pics before. Looks convincingly real.

The guy's name was Filiberto Caponi, I think a Google search for his name may find something. The pics were also in one of Timothy Good's books, which is where I read the story.
Ah, right, I know what you mean now. I read that book a few years ago. I don't put much stock in his stuff to be honest, wasn't he discredited (apologies to him if I'm wrong, I don't really keep up any more with this stuff).

Here, looks like a clay model to me. Funnily enough, the photographer is a painter who also models terracotta! What a surprise.

4a9a643f13b7.jpg

Back