• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Alleged Non Human Caught on Film (in Chile)

The thing doesn't seem to match the picture to me, but I have no idea if it was photoshopped.

To clarify; the blur on the thing and the blur of the picture look different.

The lighter area around its back seems very suspicious and their appears to be a pigeon in mid field which I'd imagine would be spooked by that.

Emps

The alleged creature seems to exist in a vacuum. The bird in midfield (as noted by Emps), and the horses, not to mention the police, all seem to be ignoring it. My guess (not enough info to form an actual opinion) is that it's a fake.

The horse on the right looks as though it could be reacting to something to its left - that said, the image is highly unlikely to me...

Whistling Jack said:
The horse on the right looks as though it could be reacting to something to its left - that said, the image is highly unlikely to me...

Doesn't seem so to me (I'd made an earlier post about the horses' body language but deleted it). These are police/military horses, so if they're properly trained they wouldn't overreact to anything. (They're trained to walk into mobs, ignore gunfire, walk past flames, etc.) (cue inevitable "That's so cruel!" post) I can't see that horse's head or ears so it's difficult to say. His rider needs a good screaming-at, unless he's just trying to duck a tree limb. Horses have a 330-degree field of vision, so if there's really something in that picture, both horses would be able to see it.

Has anyone noticed the 9ft (approx) humanoid standing behind the tree to the right of the horse on the right?

Yes I know it is obviously another policeman on a horse, but look at it again... it illustrates the way that the mind will attribute human shape charactoristics to indistinct objects

I've had another look at the photo and it does look as though he's avoiding a tree branch... :D

Damned scary at first - but then Photoshop......?

Whistling Jack said:
I've had another look at the photo and it does look as though he's avoiding a tree branch... :D

Or the nine foot figure standing next to the tree :D

Also the figure appears to be actually inline with the horse on the right i.e. its not sneaking out between the two horses as they pass - it appears to be immediately to the riders left. This seems highly unlikely as it means:

1. It is only about six foot from the rider and probably in his peripheral vision.

2. Unless it moved very quickly (and it appears to be sneaking across the road) it would have started to cross the road ahead and to the left of the rider. He might have missed it if he was talking to other rider but it doesn't seem like natural behaviour.

If an actual animal like a fox or a badger was going to sneak across the road without being seen it would wait until the hores had corssed paths and got some distance from each other before crossing somewhere equidistant between them - this fella seems to be crossing right by the right hand rider. The main reason for the creatre being there is that it works best as a composition - if it had been closer to the left hand horse it would have had to be placed further out and closer to the right hand horse. You could mock the whole thing up with little cardboard cutouts (like the cool Weetabix action sets you could make out of the boxes ;) ) to show where the various figures are within the depth field - hell if I lived nearby I'd be down there marking it all out and reconstructing it ;)

Emps

I also caught a non human on film quite recently. It was my spaniel, Merlin.;)

I agree with Emps... the light patch running from 'its' back up to our top left seems highly suspect. As does the fact that the leg on the left is very, very thin, or very, very thick, depending on how you perceive it.

Although, if we assume it to be real, then its walking away from the camera...

Finally, the light area seems like a deleted/cloned part of the image (not the lack of pixelation or artefacts compared to the rest).

There is VERY heavy jpg compression on the image. Its not really visible until you zoom in; then its very obvious (see attatchment)

The blocky light on its back could be a product of the compression...

But the compression/blur could be covering up any mistakes from the compositing (if it was faked in that way) so its very hard to tell.

I'm inclined to disagree... the pictures on the web will have come from a larger digital image (methinks). I believe this because of the quality of the other images supplied... Could be wrong, however.

Not sure what/who you're disagreeing with...

EDIT:
Oh, I get what you're saying now. I've checked and the "zoomed in" picture is artifacted differently... which means that the artifacting on the picture is NOT from the camera. That leaves us with not having the actual picture... which makes analyzing these versions pretty useless, since they don't have great enough detail.
/EDIT

Lemme pull up a digital photo to see if it shows the same artifacting...

Nope, my old digital camera doesn't produce the artifcating present on the photo... isn't present on a photo from a different camera either. But before I did some tests with heavy jpg compression and THAT produced the square artifacs. So its defiently jpg compression, or something similar.

Attatched is proof... via my bald uncle's ugly mug.

lol... I meant with the assumption of it being an original image, as in fresh off a camera, it wouldn't contain such artifacts, however, it would have been seen once the image was resized for web (assuming it happened).

I'm probably not making much sense :) but I'm saying that the artefacts are only present because it was put on the web, the fact that the other zoomed-in images contain the light patch, without the artefacts, suggests to me that it was on the original image (the pre-resized, less-apparent compression one).

EDIT:

Bingo :)

/EDIT

should be noted that the photographer didn't claim to see the "creature" until after the photo was developed - why expect the horses or policemen to? Could be like ghost photographs where the agent sees nothing at the time but the ghost somehow turns up on ilm...

THat picture i find deesturbink as i myself, after mooch thinking, decided to come out into the opens about my peekture of a similar alien entity. Jes.. i was walking in Vaghina, Mekiko, when my collegue took this snap on 35mmSLR camera at early evening weeth a 1/500th shutter speed. The weatherr was balmy and bright with a slight breeze. There were birds somewhere and i was breathing air in my lungs. I heared an ice-cream van somewhere in thee distance.
Make of it hwat jou will my friends, for i swearing it is no fayke!
It must really be those goat sucking menaces with rods and hats and that.

No offence. lol! :D

Hehe.... Bob the Bandy-Legged Alien, the typical photo-hijacking git :)

spillage said:
THat picture i find deesturbink as i myself, after mooch thinking, decided to come out into the opens about my peekture of a similar alien entity. Jes.. i was walking in Vaghina, Mekiko, when my collegue took this snap on 35mmSLR camera at early evening weeth a 1/500th shutter speed. The weatherr was balmy and bright with a slight breeze. There were birds somewhere and i was breathing air in my lungs. I heared an ice-cream van somewhere in thee distance.
Make of it hwat jou will my friends, for i swearing it is no fayke!
It must really be those goat sucking menaces with rods and hats and that.

No offence. lol! :D

Hey, That's Eeiiee 7! He owes me twenty bucks!
:)

Alien photo in FT187

Don't know if anyone's posted owt about this yet, and whether I've plonked it in the right forum or not, but what does everyone think to the alien/elf photo in FT187 (p4)?

Looks like a hoax to me... deliberately blurred to hide photoshopping maybe? What's everyone else think?

People in Chile keep monkeys as pets, even though they aren't in the wild. If you look carefully, the creature may have a tail and if it is looking upwards (a position where a monkey may rear upwards) you can *kinda* imagine it...

As a guy who works for a computer games firm, and knows just how easy it is to remove and reinsert images, I'd have to say that looks photoshopped to me.

Quite well done, but something about the side profile doesn't ring true to me.

spillage said:
THat picture i find deesturbink as i myself, after mooch thinking, decided to come out into the opens about my peekture of a similar alien entity. Jes.. i was walking in Vaghina, Mekiko,

As diz Vaghina plase mooveddid den? I izawaz tinkin dat itt woz in Brusil, not Mekiko?

Not effendi! lol! :D

Nawww. Jou weel find eet ass alfeyss beeen hin Puertughaaall ass my freinds say "Jou cannot tell a town from eet's peeepils unless dey iss from Vaghinas!" lmao!:D

Back