• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"...an elite media cabal..."?

Yes, but previously.....

.....Ronson tried to explain himself to staff at the British Embassy: "I'm a humorous journalist out of my depth. I'm a bit like Louis Theroux".....

.... so possibly a wind-up?

I remember he said that organisations like TV stations decide which programs to run by simply meeting for a dinner or something and discussing which they should run and which they shouldn't hence its more discussing than voting.

Of course they aren't run democratically! That would be stupid!
TV is crappy enough as it is without the Great Unwashed actually getting a say in what goes on it.

Obviously.... I ment within the actual network, the poeple who decide what goes on.

I don't think its any surprise that the London Media scene is incestous as a family reunion in Alabama. I
ts just like a village, which is why so many village idiots end up on the screen.

DerekH: Having seen Mr. Ronson at Uncon I feel that I should perhaps spring to his defence.

From his re-telling of the incident you quote it was more than obvious that he felt genuine terror at was happening to him. As he said himself, he was out of his depth. He didn't expect to be pursued by individuals in a black unmarked car with tinted windows, like something out of a movie. It was literally outside his paradigm as, like many people, he covered his fear with humour. The fact that he is a humerous journo' probably didn't help.

Niles "Not Like Louis Theroux" Calder

Niles: I read the article that Justin quoted from, saw the 'humorous journalist' quote, put 2 and 2 together, and suggested a possibility.

If I've taken stuff out of context, then my suggestion may well be meaningless.

I was only trying to help (*wipes tear from eye*)

:D

Back