• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

An Invisible Station, The Ghost Sedan: Two Stories in the Subway of Beijing

王泥喜法介

Devoted Cultist
I have read some strange stories about trains in Russia and the UK. Today, I wish to tell two similar stories but happened in Beijing.

It is well known that China has undergone the Cultural Revolution between 1966 to 1976. Since 1976, the authority was aware that we had fallen behind too much in contrast to Japan, Europe and North America. Shortly afterwards, the Chinese government has concentrated on the construction of infrastructure, and the underground railway system in Beijing was a major project undoubtedly. However, because Beijing has been the capital city of China for more than 600 years, there is something mysterious underground.

An Invisible Station

If you know something about China, I bet you must know a place named Babao Mountain. This mountain is famous because the graveyard of top Chinese politicians is located in this place. And this story is about Babao Mountain Station.

One day, a man worked so late then came off work around 11:30 pm while the subway had stopped at this moment. This man's home was so remote that he wanted to have a try to get on the tube because calling a taxi was so expensive. To his surprise, there was a train would drive in the direction of his house, and the man got on happily.

After sitting down, this man felt something slightly strange. Generally, now it was around 12 am while this train was full of people. Furthermore, these people seemed very tired, and their clothes were worn-out. Even so, this man was exhausted so did not think more. Because there would be an audio notification every station, he then closed his eyes and took a nap.

A few minutes later, he heard an audio notification that this train had arrived at Babao Mountain Station and he heard that many people got off. This man was so astonished why so many people got off here because this was not a significant station. But his man still closed his eyes, and the train started to run then.

However, after a few minutes, he heard an audio notification which reported this train had arrived at Babao Mountain Station. This man was shocked now because he remembered that he had heard the same message just now. In addition, he found nobody on this train now. He could not understand why he heard the report twice and why so many people disappeared soon.

The Ghost Sedan

In Beijing, there is an urban legend that you'd better never sit on the last carriage of the last underground train. Specifically, it is said that every new employee of the subway would be told this story when taking this job.

However, a young man was so curious about what he would see if he did this. So, one day, this guy boarded the last train and started to test this story. Shockingly, he saw that a few eunuchs were carrying a sedan and pursuing this train at high speed.

Next day, this guy discussed what he had watched yesterday with his coworkers. At this moment, his boss responded calmly: "That's not a big deal, and I have watched what you saw many times." His boss then said that there was something far stranger than what the guy saw yesterday.

Last edited:
Cool stories - - but I do not understand what is meant by the phrase “a few eunichs were carrying a sedan”. Where I live, a sedan is a car that seats four people and a eunich is a castrated man. An svocative image but ...?

Cool stories - - but I do not understand what is meant by the phrase “a few eunichs were carrying a sedan”. Where I live, a sedan is a car that seats four people and a eunich is a castrated man. An svocative image but ...?

A sedan chair or palanquin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Litter_(vehicle)

And eunuchs have long been used as household servants across many cultures as they (in theory) don't have it away with your wife, daughters or fellow servants.

Last edited:
Ah. That makes a bit more sense.
Exactly, in the Qing dynasty, the noble was usually carried by the eunuchs like this.
800px-Modes_of_Travelling_in_China_%28September_1853%2C_X%2C_p.102%29.jpg

Back