• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

And God Created The Insane Clown Posse?

Pietro_Mercurios

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
I've always found these guys, like Slipknot, etc., to be a bit dodgy. Acting like the biggest douches and egging their fans on, whilst hiding their faces behind masks, so they can go golfing at weekends.

However, recent revelations re the ICP puts them in a whole new category. Holy Trojan Horse, Batman! Jack Chick meets the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, as the ICP promote their new creed, that ignorance is next to Godliness.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/09/insane-clown-posse-christians-god

Insane Clown Posse: And God created controversy

America's nastiest rappers in shocking revelation – they've been evangelical Christians all along

The Guardian, Ron Jonson. Saturday 9 October 2010

Milwaukee. A bad and quite eerie part of town. This happens to be the very block where the serial killer Jeffrey Dahmer murdered and ate 17 people in the 1980s. Now, from all around, thousands of young men and women, wearing scary clown face paint, are descending upon a disused indoor swimming pool that has been transformed into a music venue. They are juggalos, fans of Violent J and Shaggy 2 Dope, the rap duo known as Insane Clown Posse.

At first glance, it might not be obvious why I'm so excited about meeting them. You might dismiss them as just unbelievably misogynist and aggressive, and it is true that their lyrics are indeed incredibly offensive. Take, for instance, at random:

I'm hating sluts

Shoot them in the face, step back and itch my nuts

Unless I'm in the sack

Cos I fuck so hard it'll break their back.

ICP have been going for 20 years, always wearing clown make-up, which looks slightly lumpy because it's painted over their goatees. They've been banned from performing in various cities where juggalos have been implicated in murders and gang violence. ICP have a fearsome reputation, fostered by news reports showing teenagers in juggalo T-shirts arrested for stabbing strangers and lyrics like "Barrels in your mouth/bullets to your head/The back of your neck's all over the shed/Boomshacka boom chop chop bang."

All of which makes Violent J's recent announcement really quite astonishing: Insane Clown Posse have this entire time secretly been evangelical Christians. They've only been pretending to be brutal and sadistic to trick their fans into believing in God. They released a song, Thy Unveiling, that spelt out the revelation beyond all doubt:

Fuck it, we got to tell.

All secrets will now be told

No more hidden messages

…Truth is we follow GOD!!!

We've always been behind him

The carnival is GOD

And may all juggalos find him

We're not sorry if we tricked you.

The news shook the juggalo community to its core. While some fans claimed they'd actually had an inkling, having deciphered some of the hidden messages in several songs, others said they felt deeply betrayed and outraged: they'd been innocently enjoying all those songs about chopping people up and shooting women, and it was Christian rock?

Violent J explained himself unapologetically to a New Jersey newspaper: "You have to speak their language. You have to interest them, gain their trust, talk to them and show you're one of them. You're a person from the street and you speak of your experiences. Then at the end you can tell them: God has helped me."

Of course, one might argue that 20 years was, under the circumstances, an incredibly long time for them to have pretended to be unholy, and that, from a Christian perspective, the harm they did while feigning unholiness may even have outweighed the greater good.

My mind has never been so boggled. Can it really be true?

Clowns really are creepy.

they'd been innocently enjoying all those songs about chopping people up and shooting women, and it was Christian rock?

Gutted. :rofl:

And now the new Insane Clown Posse album! Prepare yourself for Kumbaya, Motherfu - er, maybe not. This sounds like a wind-up. If not, they're very confused young men. Well, confused middle-aged men.

I met them breifly once. They looked exactly the same without their make up on :!:
Just another publicity stunt probably yawn.

Either that or they have actually converted, which does tend to happen to performers when their career is going down the crapper, but have decided that was the 'real them' all along for retcon purposes.

^^Ha, true :)
When I met them they were basically looking for hos - real good Christian behaviour :lol: When it became apparent that they weren't going to find any where they werent they left rather quickly lol.

OMFG! did you hear cliff richard on radio 2 this morning?He admitted to being a secret devil worshipper for years,biting the head of live chickens and deflowering virgins!

I'd find that less surprising. It's pretty obvious that Sir Cliff has a cursed portrait, hidden away in his attic, completely covered with a very thick dark cloth. :shock:

Pietro_Mercurios said:
I'd find that less surprising. It's pretty obvious that Sir Cliff has a cursed portrait, hidden away in his attic, completely covered with a very thick dark cloth. :shock:

Or else hes a Vampire. V V

Pietro_Mercurios said:

I think it might be covered in something else - the man likes himself rather too mach. Shudder...

It's worthwhile remembering that Bob Dylan put out three God bothering albums in the early 80s. He snapped out of it - which was a good thing.

the guys in ICP are gettin' on in years, they are losing their status (if they ever had it) AND they have a new movie. Hey! What a great time to create some controversy and rile up their fan base!

The Ronson piece is cruelly funny. I have passed it along to many.

Several of my American Facebook friends had been commenting on Juggalettes on the subway smelling of spermicidal lubricant (charming). In my ignorance I had to ask what a Juggalette was and it was then that I remembered this posting. I've passed this article on for their edification.

Back