• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Another Reddit Thread...True Mysteries at Sea

I love Reddit sooo much. :)
b3ta has gone to crap now. I bet most b3tans have decamped to Reddit.

Anyway... did you push or not? :D

I think I just saw something fly over my head....

Well that's just scuppered up my early night! I love the unresolved mysteries thread (there's no trolling at all, which is a refreshing change to a lot of the threads on Reddit) now I'm bookmarking this one too!

Wow! What an amazing thread! It really has something for everyone.

Need to come back to this as it's past bedtime and I've only read the first 'page' proper as it loads.

I like the sheep floating in the ocean, and the 'boingfish'... and that one where they find the woman's body in the water is :eek:

Underwater lights seem to be a theme, like UFOs only USOs!

Hey, OneWing, have you checked out Invisible Residents by Ivan T. Sanderson? It's all about USO's with a whole chapter dedicated to the "light-wheel" phenomena.

Some great bed-time reading there. A couple of the corpse stories genuinely sent shivers down my spine!

Yeah, good thread. Stayed up all night reading. I love eerie sea stories. I'm thinking of moving back to the coast, so maybe I'll have a few of my own before long. :)

The one about the strange bell-shaped weather system was unnerving. It would have been spooky as heck to sail under that!

ETA- to compliment your reading experience, here's my favorite terrifying unexplained undersea sound, called "Julia".

Last edited:
Stayed up all night reading.

I didn't sleep too good after that, some of the dead body and errie voice ones were too spooky, luckily I don't have to be at work today.

Definitely not the thread for a school night!

btw the 'bloop' is now thought to be related to ice sheet breakdown, or maybe that's what they want us to think? :p

My father and brother are/were dockbuilders in the New York City area. Dockbuilders work closely with hardhat divers (they're even in the same union). One of the divers was following a cable along the bottom in the East River in zero visibility. He came across something on top of the cable two soft cylindrical things he followed them up with his hands til they met at a larger soft mass that sloped upward to a hard round object. He felt around the round object until his thumbs sank all the way into the eye sockets.

This is why I read the thread in daylight. :eek:

That'd stop you biting your nails.

Honestly, I used a Stephen Gammell pic because other people have produced some really disturbing avatars and, well, I wanted to be one. ;)

Back