• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Another UFO Caught In Photo

If there was nothing visible in the sky at the time it seems a rather bland/bizarre choice for a photo composition.

Looks like an airplane - there is a trail behind it and its the basic shape of one.

Possible UFO or drone, sighting from North Devon. From the Huffington Post:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/28/north-devon-uk-picture_n_4357380.html

UFO Picture From North Devon, England Sparks A Flurry Of Reports (Video)

Huffington Post. By Lee Speigel Posted: 29 November 2013

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1488436/thumbs/n-UKNORTHDEVONUFO-large570.jpg?6

Last weekend, photographer Rob Tibbles, of the North Devon Journal, snapped some images at the Fullabrook wind farm in the southwest region of the UK. When he later examined his pictures, he saw that he had captured a mysterious object in the sky above the turbines.

The grey-colored, oval-shaped UFO, isolated in the above close-up image, becomes even more interesting when viewed from the original perspective in which it was taken.

The following composite photo, provided to The Huffington Post by the North Devon Journal, clearly shows the object at three different magnifications.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1487692/thumbs/o-UFOUKFULLABROOKFARM-570.jpg?6

The Journal contacted Chivenor's 22 search and rescue division -- a British military base operated by the Royal Marines -- who suggested a training exercise they were engaged in Saturday may have generated UFO reports.

After the image was published in the North Devon Journal, area citizens began to report their own unusual aerial sightings in the past week.

-- Matt Naughton told the Journal that, while "Driving to Torrington on Thursday night, I saw strange bright lights in the sky and the car had flashes of blue in it. Very creepy!"

-- Erica Whiteley reported her husband had seen something unusual above Fullabrook: "He spotted a strange bright object in the sky on Friday evening at about 5 p.m., looking from Swimbridge across to Barnstaple in the direction of the wind turbines."

-- Jacqueline Leighton Boyce, of Dulverton, reported to the Journal that "I too saw a strange, very large bright thing in the sky on Saturday, Nov. 23 about dusk time." Boyce managed to film the light and then a friend took the video and slowed it down.

Here is the slowed-down video taken by Jacqueline Leighton Boyce:

http://s.ytimg.com/yts/swfbin/player-vfl6Oox_F/watch_as3.swf

Assuming the original image and video shown here haven't been tampered with and something very unusual -- and still unexplained -- was captured in the sky over Southwest England -- the Journal has solicited people to send in details of what they saw and/or photographed.
Original story: http://www.northdevonjournal.co.uk/...trange-photo/story-20227894-detail/story.html

I would guess that we have one misidentified bird and one film of Venus here, but it is tricky to be certain.

Probably a bird, but a nice "emerging from the clouds" appearance.

eburacum said:
I would guess that we have one misidentified bird and one film of Venus here, but it is tricky to be certain.
Venus is certainly a bright evening star right now.

Not sure if the other is one for the "gullible" or not. It looks rather more angular than your average gull-shot...

NB: Jupiter is a bright morning star now, for info.

Yes - it might not be a gull - looks more like a chaffinch to me
bird.png

Even the WMN is gullible, it seems. What a nonsense story.

Years ago I caught sight of a black bin liner that was dancing around in the sky. As it altered shape it did look very convincing. I just wonder if anybody in the area caught that in their photographs as it may have looked rather odd.

Theres a pic of some guy who like bin liners in the humour and jokes thread.

Come and get your black bin bags
They're on offer till December
They're long and black and slender
Heavy duty black bin bags
No matter what your gender
Whether bi or straight or bender
Something to remember
Just rip with me and rip with me and tear with me right now
Fill em' up now!

They're on offer till December
They're long and black and slender
No matter what your gender
Whether bi or straight or bender
Something to remember
Fill em' up now!
Classic scene. Love it.

Talking of black bin bags the image below and the vid of it looks to me like a cleverly shaped balloon, filled with hot air?

UFO_Sightings_Alien_ET_Communication_Contact_CIA_Insider_Explains_Special_Report_2015__195725.jpg

Is that a real logo?! It's terrifying! Like something out of a nightmare. :eek:
I'll be approaching bin liners with more trepidation now.

Bin liners in general are very handy things but they do have one serious issue. They all look the same, so if you tie them up (with clothes in) it can become a guessing game later on.

Wow, I never thought I`d be talking about bin liners on a forum :)

Back