• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anti-Recycling Conspiracy

A

Anonymous

Ok so it aint New World Order stuf but (and this may have been aired b4)... In atime when everyone is nagged to recycle things includeing envelopes i ve noticed that Envalopes are aparently diliberately sabotaged. Small cuts are introduced to the flap bit so that perfectly good envelopes are iretrivably ripped when opening.......Or is it even more sinister and its so MI5 can insert thier split sticks roll up the letter and read it?..... IS THERE ANY REASON FOR THESES LITTLE CUTS?

My guess is...

The little nicks in the flap are to discourage people from opening the envelopes and resealing them (assuming they are the self-sealing type which can be resealed to look as if they were never touched).
Of course, there are ways to open them being very careful to not rip the envelope at these points. Just like shops making bar-codes or price stickers that are in parts to make them harder to remove and replace on other goods. Or the visa stickers on your passport have the same type of cuts in then to make them useless if someone tries to peel them off.

...Just a security feature, sorry to ruin your conspiracy theory!

Dam and i was booked to go on Art Bell next week........

actuly i think it is to stop u reuseing the envelopes, after all they never felt the need b4 did they?

Not sure what the post is like in the UK, but I've had success re-using stamps before. Not that it will ever save you a ton of money, but it's always a kick to beat the system. A nice thin layer of glue on the stamp and those cancellation marks just dissolve away. Don't quite know about your envelopes, though. Ours are just so flimsy that there's no hope in ever re-using them.

i think david Ike is baseing his next book on this conspiracy.. somic to do with girnt lizards tongues casueing the cuts when they lick the envelopes.......ive started somthing but will i finish?

Back