• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

any happenings around Brisbane?.....

chops70

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
hello to those interested. does anyone have stories of actual paranormal happenings in and around the city of Brisbane, Australia? i would enjoy reading any events that you have experienced. thank you!

Nope. Nothing happens around Brisbane. :lol:

I will PM you.

Seeing that even the State of Origin game was held in Melbourne, I thought that was a fair comment! :lol:

But - give us some details on that book. QLD somehow seems like good ghost territory - it's just a bit weird up there...

Details about the book can be found on the link above. It covers some of Brisbane's most infamous haunted places like Newstead House, Toowong Cemetery, City Hall, Breakfast Creek Hotel & others. But there is a bunch of stories I had never heard of, like that Lang Park (one of Brisbane's major sporting venues) was built over a graveyard & that the Tower Mill in the city was used as a place of execution & is haunted by the ghosts of those put to death there. Great read.

...oh & QLD became less of the national joke after Joh Bjelke-Petersen left the building, lets hope his spirit is at rest & not haunting the state anymore!

Thanks for that - don't know when I'll be up there next, but I'll save the link for then. And yes, let's make sure Sir Joh stays where he is now... :D

Zilch5 said:
"And yes, let's make sure Sir Joh stays where he is now..."

Dont you worry about that!

:D

Back