• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Any Ideas?

47Forteans

Gone But Not Forgotten
(ACCOUNT RETIRED)
Any ideas what Fortean Times might do for the 300th issue? I know that is a couple of years away, but I think it would be great to do something along the lines of "Weird UK" they did for issue 200 - but on a global scale. After all, FT isn't just a UK magazine, it is a worldwide one!

47Forteans said:
Any ideas what Fortean Times might do for the 300th issue? I know that is a couple of years away, but I think it would be great to do something along the lines of "Weird UK" they did for issue 200 - but on a global scale. After all, FT isn't just a UK magazine, it is a worldwide one!

That might be more like an encyclopedia than a magazine!

I'd like to see a nice retrospective, sections spanning Issues 1-50, 51-100 etc... picking out neat images and stories, perhaps with follow ups, from each of those periods.

Perhaps sidebars on the advances and changing perceptions on major paranormal images during FT's life.

Short snippets of memories from long time contributers and columnists.

Plus a montage of all 300 covers!

:)

gncxx said:
47Forteans said:

That might be more like an encyclopedia than a magazine!

Perhaps they could devot a few pages to "Weird Europe", "Weird Asia", "Weird Australia", "Weird North America", 'Weird South America", "Weird Africa", rather than an in depth look at individual countries...

Wish they'd done that for issue 200. But then, the 30th anniversary issue in 2003 was a good look back...

Have a guest editor for the features in issue 300. Maybe Gordon Rutter? Tales of Feral Haggis and moving bagpipes.

Perhaps have a reader vote for the top ten stories featured since the magazine's creation (Yes I'm counting its days as a mere newsletter as well) and then run a catch up on what happened next.

Either that or give us all a nice shiny piece of scrap metal from New Mexico.

Perhaps they could have a "Top 300" (with readers votes) where the 300 most interesting/bizzare news stories could be profiled (with updates where possible).

I'd like to hear from the Editors (if they are reading this thread) about what plans they might have...

So speaks the man with the constant deadline.

And it is 3 years away. Although if you were going to organise a special UnCon to coincide, it would be handy to know about it now. Organising flights and accommodation in London can be a nightmare.

It would be good to have a rough idea for such a special occasion, but I thought it would be an idea to cast out feelers to see what The People want...

(It's a good idea that I didn't ask about the Fortieth Anniversary issue! Now, that would be planning too far ahead! :lol: )

Anome_ said:
Although if you were going to organise a special UnCon to coincide, it would be handy to know about it now. Organising flights and accommodation in London can be a nightmare.

It might be a good idea to ask attendees at the UnCon what they'd like for the upcoming special issues, as you'd have direct access to the readers...

47Forteans said:
Anome_ said:
Although if you were going to organise a special UnCon to coincide, it would be handy to know about it now. Organising flights and accommodation in London can be a nightmare.

It might be a good idea to ask attendees at the UnCon what they'd like for the upcoming special issues, as you'd have direct access to the readers...

Yeah, get it from the Unicorns mouth.

Perhaps it could have a "Best Of" Strange Deaths, Inept Crime, Co-incidences, et al...

Back