• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Any Shamans out there?Advice needed!!

A

Anonymous

I wondered if anyone had experience with working with animal guides in Spirit Form????

My own experience is limited.........

Here's the story..............my youngest son is naturally mediumistic....it runs in the family!
Although I can give him advice relating to Spirit in human form.....I have little experience of animal form.I have seen and met with beloved pets passed over......but his situation is a little differant.

Some time ago he 'picked up' a spirit in human form that watched over him but in the last year this form has changed to that of a large,all- white Puma which appears to him regularly.It has told him it is called 'Cuma' and seems to want to communicate in some way.It is not friendly but then again not un-friendly....more 'difficult' to understand.Once or twice it has changed before him into a 'white Lady' figure......but remains baffiling to him.

Occasionally it has gripped him by the leg or arm (in animal form) and although the bites are painless....they have left marks........which I have seen!

He feels it offers him protection but finds it diff. to interpret....as do I .he is a happy healthy child with a long history of physic talent.............

Suggestions Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!It would be appreciated.

I am particularly hopeful of info. from those with Shamanistic Knowledge.

Thanks v. much !!

Ah, a shapeshifter.

Was your son born with a caul, an intact amniotic sac, over his eyes? If so it's traditionally taken to indicate potential for shapeshifting ability. Or it could be a talent he could develop.

Of course I'm not discounting the possibility that it's representative of some kind of internal termoil.

How old is your son?

Hi Nick im Karenlilly son!!!! Thanx for your reply, no I wasnt born with a caul but prior to my birth a tarot reading told my mum I would have particular gifts, we actually have a history in the family, long way back of second sight. I can honestly say I have no more inner turmoil than the average 14 year old!!!!
My 'Visitor' is called Cuma and she (I get a feeling that Cuma is a female as I have seen her transform into a white lady) is a Puma but completely white. I know when she is around because i get a feeling of safety. I also get a feeling of something in my stomach just before she turns up. I've seen plenty of ghosts since I was a kid and im okay about that but im hoping if anyone out there works with animal spirits they can give me any info. on how to tune into Cuma better. Im okay about all of this but any further info. would be appreciated.
Thanx:D

I also get a feeling of something in my stomach just before she turns up.

Rabbit999, is this feeling similar to the feeling one gets from looking forward to something, like when you know your favorite movie is about to come on, or from driving down a hill?

I ask because I often feel that way when working with or observing animals and when reading about how shamans interact with their totem animals.

I am not a shaman myself nor have I ever read about somenone with your situation. Sorry I couldn't help.

Rabbit, if this Cuma is your spirit guide then she is the only one who can answer your questions. You must ask her and she will give you your answers in due time.

It is entirely up to you if you choose to believe her answers or to follow her advice.

This isn't the same as my feline spirit,with her,when I need psychic defence support she part becomes me ,like a fusion I guess. She isn't seperate from me.Sometimes I have felt another higher presence associated with her, sort of angel like? I haven't had any contact with her for years now but I hope she is still around if I need her. I could never call on her or communicate with her , she usually just appeared in me when I was beset with nasties.

I don't think I've needed a spirit guide for years. I hatched my Draconic potential in my early twenties and now it's me doing the 'helping' on the Otherside... :rolleyes: :D ;)

is there a way to find out if you have a animal guide?

Anyone know how to conteract negative people? My mother is the most negative person I know ... is there a particular colour candle I can light, or crystals I can place discreetly, or something of that ilk?

Bannik said:
Rabbit999, is this feeling similar to the feeling one gets from looking forward to something, like when you know your favorite movie is about to come on, or from driving down a hill?

Actually it is more a expectant feeling. Like knowing that something is going to happen but you dont know when.
It also feels like that something is being pulled out from my brain.

Thank you everybody for replying to our plead. I feel much better now knowing that Cuma will not be of any harm. I have checked out all of the requested sites and this has been very illuminating. Thanx for all replys and private messages. I am now very pleased:D :blah:

Ben.

Thankyou Bannik for taking the trouble.That's very interesting..I'll let Rabbit know.:) :) :)

is there a way to find out if you have a animal guide?

This is a nice site about animal guides.
If an animal appears to you in dreams and especially if it is trying to tell you something that may be your guide. You can have more than one. Don't be disappointed if its something small and seemingly weak or non-exotic , some people have slugs as guides!
If there is an animal you are scared of it might be your shadow spirit guide, say spider or snake , mine is a moth.

by Karenlilly Thankyou Bannik for taking the trouble.

No problem. :)

by Marion If there is an animal you are scared of it might be your shadow spirit guide, say spider or snake , mine is a moth.

This rings true for me. I've always had a fear of Praying Mantis' (of almost Mantiphope proportions) but at the same time felt vague connection to them.

LobeliaOverhill said:
Anyone know how to conteract negative people? My mother is the most negative person I know ... is there a particular colour candle I can light, or crystals I can place discreetly, or something of that ilk?

That's a real "how long is a piece of string" question, really.
Off the top of my head black, white or purple candles all have been cited as banishing/attracting/subsuming negative energy.

Likewise for crystals you can use Amethyst, Jade, Rose Quartz, Hessonite, or whatever you feel comfortable with.

For a neophyte or open-minded beginner, I would suggest that all magical practices should be "sympathetic" to the practioner. By this i mean, whatever colour of candle YOU think reduces negativity, or a crystal or stone that has calming, or soothing connotations should be employed. From a practical aspect this could be a shell or rock you have found at the seaside and brings back positive memories (which are, in themself, a powerful form of sympathetic practice). It could even be an IKEA tealight, lit 1/2 an hour before she arrives.

Before my reply evokes messages of "OH NO, never light black candles without running around a broom handle 3 times anticlockwise, and throwing a cellar of salt over your oldest pet's left shoulder", i would merely point out that the WILL is the most important element of the ritual. Everything else is mere stage props.

How did i deal with the most negative family member i have ever met:

Be as nice as possible, and if you are faced with a barrage of ongoing snide, nasty, selfish remarks: Ignore them and carry on as if nothing has happened. These people generally like to perceive the effect they are having on others and, like toddlers, eventually get bored when it ellicits no response.

Hope this helps in some small way...

cuma (Irish Gaelic)
appearance: as cuma = out of shape: is cuma = it doesn't matter: is cuma liom = I don't care

[edit]
Using this dictionary cuma also means "guest" (check out the derivation of "welcome = will-cuma"), although I can't determine exactly where that derives from (I suspect Gaelic again).

Any Irish connections?

TMS said:
That's a real "how long is a piece of string" question, really.
Off the top of my head black, white or purple candles all have been cited as banishing/attracting/subsuming negative energy.
How did i deal with the most negative family member i have ever met:

Be as nice as possible, and if you are faced with a barrage of ongoing snide, nasty, selfish remarks: Ignore them and carry on as if nothing has happened. These people generally like to perceive the effect they are having on others and, like toddlers, eventually get bored when it ellicits no response.

Hope this helps in some small way...

Thank you! I shall see what I can find (crystal wise) in the new "new agey" shop in town ...

that last bit? Doesn't work on my Mother ...

cheers!

Thanx very much for all your replies...Rabbit999 was delighted espesh with all the translations of Cuma.:) We have now found a site with especial ref. to Spirit Guides and it is so helpful:) :) Sorry I can't help with neg.mums(mine is 82 and a sweetie but if anyone has a 'candle' that helps with rude big brothers in their 50's I would be interested:D Once again thanks for the replies..Rabbit is 14..and was really pleased with all that info:)

Back