• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Anyone read Arabic script?

A

Anonymous

This is not to do with the on-going war, but...

Have a look at this satellite image of the Tharthar Presidential palace/facility.

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/iraq/images/dg-tharthar1.jpg

On the lower edge of the complex is a system of buildings/roads that to my untrained eye looks like a word/phrase in arabic.

Is this just coincidence, like a message in an aubergine, or is it a message to people looking down on it? :confused: :)

I'm taking an Art of Islam class... while we haven't learned much about the language, I do have a handout with different scripts on it... I don't think those buildings look at all like arabic... looks Hebrew if anything, but I think its just... buildings :)

The angular (everything at 90° to each other) gives it a hebrew-like quality, but it was things like the horizontal lines above some of the "letters" that started me thinking, also that the buildings all looked to be roughly of similar age/style, but that unlike the rest of the palace they didn't appear to be arranged in a regular pattern.

Though, as I said, aubergines. ;)

Piscez, on reflection perhaps it is hebrew. Just something very rude? ;)

Curiously, I think that one of the guys behind globalsecurity.org, is John Pike, formerly of the Federation of American Scientists. (The well loved FAS site.) 'twould be ironic if he ended off embroiled on a conspiracy theory. ;)

Back