• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Ariel Sharon's Illness: Result Of A Curse?

A

Anonymous

I know im probably jumping the gun on this story a little bit but i was suprised by the recent article in FT (FT206:55) about Jewish extremists perfoming a death curse on Ariel Sharon called the pulsa denura and Sharons illness, which has rendered him close to death.
The recent FT wasnt out in time to take this into account.
As a genuine Fortean i take into account fact that he was an elderly gent and the fact that the 'curse' was performed in July and he is ill some five months later. The real area of Fortean interest, for me, is how I read the article about two days after learning of Sharons illness.

I have no political thoughts in this area and have looked around the website and found no other mentions on this topic.

IIRC, it is mentioned (briefly) in the thread for the current magazine

It seems to be a bit of a bizarre conincidence, that this year, things are getting really bad for politicians.

1) Sharon has a massive stroke (hardly unexpected)

2) Charles Kennedy's alcoholism is 'outed' and he's forced to quit as leader of the Lib Dems (not that suprising, but unexpected)

3) Tony Banks has a massive stroke and dies (Totally unexpected as a he was a relatively young and a very fit man).

And it's only the 9th of Janaury

Last year was the year of natural disasters, maybe this year will be a yer of massive upheaval politics wise. i know if I were a politician, I'd be worried... :twisted:

See also Pat Robertson's statements here:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... 448#597448

I have to say while I'm not convinced the magic worked I wouldn't be too suprised if someone had helped shuffle him off this mortal coil. His recent political moves have alientated a vast swathe of people and the Palestinians were still supicious of his motives. Who dunnit? Could have been just about anyone.

Yes, well, Pat Robertson is a Fortean phenomenon all by himself. I keep hoping someone will disprove his existance. 'Pat Robertson is just an urban legend!'

US VICE PRESIDENT CHENEY TAKEN TO HOSPITAL
WASHINGTON, JAN. 9 (REUTERS) - U.S. VICE PRESIDENT DICK
CHENEY WAS TAKEN TO A WASHINGTON HOSPITAL EARLY ON MONDAY,
SUFFERING FROM SHORTNESS OF BREATH, CNN reported.
The vice president was taken to George Washington
University Hospital around 3 a.m. (0800 GMT), the cable news
channel reported.
Doctors administered an electrocardiogram, CNN said. The
vice president was reportedly retaining fluid as a result of
anti-inflammatory medication. He is expected to return home
later today, CNN said.
REUTERS

Or, does all this simply mean that the current generation of policy makers - many of whom have knocking around for decades - are reaching the end their natural life spans?

None of these guys are exactly spring chickens now, are they?

michelleeb1970 said:
Yes, well, Pat Robertson is a Fortean phenomenon all by himself. I keep hoping someone will disprove his existance. 'Pat Robertson is just an urban legend!'

He's a Tulpa. Spontaneously generated to give voice to the xtian rights wierdest and vilest thoughts.

Perhaps if enough people in the US were to concentrate on it he could be banished.

Sharon's stroke is the result of a EM ray shooting. (Electric magnetic wave)
It's a punishment from the intelligence (the Inside Group).

Sharon had been a member of that Inside group. But he recently moves to the center from the right. He tries to seek peace with Palestine and he compromised by withdraw from Gaza. Which caused the outrage of rightest.

Pat Robertson said Sharon was punished by the "God". This "God" is Inside Group. They control media and politicians, intelligence as well. They control the modern technique which can create natural disaster such like tsunami, earthquake, hurricane, bird flu..... . They view themselves as God because they think they control everything.

Here is an article I posted two years ago in which I alleged Feds tried to replace the Mayor of San Jose with a "stroke". Now they used same method on Sharon.

225. Stroke (4/29/03)

My wife has come back from HongKong. Her adopted father now is in state of vegetable.

Feds used to murder by EM wave weapon(electrical magnetic wave) which create a "brain death". That's why I am very sensitive on "stroke", "meningitis".... I had experience. See "13. Microwave ray shooting and EM sleep wave(2)", "81. "Mysterious blow"".

So when media reported Ron Gonzales, Mayor of San Jose, got a minor stroke, I had a feeling it might be another step of regime change.

Gonzales suffered a hemorrhagic stroke while delivering the State of the City address on Jan. 28, 2004. Feeling dizzy and nauseated, the 52 year old mayor was able to leave the stage on his own and was sent to hospital. He stayed there for nearly a week and recovered. He took a full time work in March.

On 3/21, in an article "Mayor's blurry rules on cash", S.J.M.N. reported the political fund of Gonzales was exceeding city cap. But in a news on 4/7, Gonzales said the fund meets state and local law and the framework was approved by the city attorney in advance. So the DA won't investigate that case.

The trouble was following one by another. On 4/4, S.J.M.N. reported, "Recall rumors swirling" It said religious Conservatives try to take out Gonzales whom recognize same-sex marriages. On 4/11, it said in an article, "Recall effort grows some wings". And that complaint on Gonzales' fundraising is going on.

The hand behind series of troubles for Gonzales is Feds. Because no other party was able to create a "stroke". For two days after Gonzales got "stroke", S.J.M.N. published pictures of brain with articles to explain "what is stroke". A typical tactic to attribute it to natural cause. It's similar to the tactic they used in a rigged election. They always publish a poll to justify the result of the manipulated vote. The media is a tool to fool people.

I have encountered many such murder attempts. When I was familiar with it, I keep the record. To convince people, the article used to come with picture. To justify a "stroke" caused by "solar storm", they publish a picture of "solar flare" to earth. To justify "meningitis" death, they publish a human's head with brain. "Meningitis" is the most frequent death cause they used, the same picture of the head repeatedly appeared in my record. They cover up their crime in a scientific way.

Ariel Sharon is a 78 year old man, that weighed in like a sumo wrestler. His physical resemblance to Jabba the Hutt suggested that he was chancing it big time.

The added stress of changing direction politically and starting his own party, probably didn't help his state of health. ;)

There I was thinking this was an article about a epidemic sweeping across Essex.

i reckon hes clinically dead and they are just keeping him alive until after the election.

ramonmercado said:
i reckon hes clinically dead and they are just keeping him alive until after the election.

Similar things have happened in Russia

According to some accounts Churchill wasn't very alive in the last days of his "Indian Summer" term.

edit

Sharon on verge of death: hospital source

By Dan Williams 3 minutes ago

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister
Ariel Sharon, incapacitated by a stroke on January 4, was undergoing emergency surgery for digestive complications on Saturday and a hospital source said he was likely to die by the end of the day.
ADVERTISEMENT

"We expect him to die today," said the source, who asked not to be identified because he was not authorized to speak to the media on behalf of Jerusalem's Hadassah hospital.

Earlier, hospital spokesman Ron Krumer said a CT scan had revealed "serious damage to the prime minister's digestive system" and he was being taken for emergency surgery.

Yael Bosem-Levy, a hospital spokeswoman, said Sharon's condition had deteriorated to its most critical point since his admission to the facility. She said at 11:30 a.m. (0930 GMT) that surgery could take between three and six hours.

After suffering his massive stroke, Sharon, 77, was put into a medically-induced coma. Doctors later tried without success to rouse him.

Long reviled in the Arab world but increasingly regarded as a peacemaker by the West, Sharon suffered his stroke at a crucial juncture in Israeli politics, as he was fighting for re-election on a promise to end conflict with the Palestinians.

His deputy, Ehud Olmert, was named interim prime minister and experts said they did not expect Sharon to make a recovery and return to office.

Opinion polls predict the centrist Kadima party, which Sharon founded after a rebellion in his right-wing Likud over
Israel's Gaza pullout, will easily win the March 28 general election with Olmert at its helm.

Sharon, a hefty ex-general, has for decades been a key figure in shaping the Middle East, voicing in recent years support for a Palestinian state but demanding the disarming of Palestinian militant groups before peace talks could resume.

Sharon suffered his stroke a day before he was to check into Hadassah Hospital for a procedure to correct a tiny defect in his heart that was said to have contributed to a mild stroke he suffered two weeks earlier.

Doctors had treated Sharon with blood thinners before the planned heart operation, leading to questions within the medical community whether that strategy was wise.

Sharon's second stroke was caused by massive bleeding in the brain.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060211/ts_ ... _sharon_dc

Ariel Sharons "Stroke" the product of Qabbalist's

It was reported in an FT a couple of months ago that a Rabbi/Qabbalist put a Pulsa Denura curse on Ariel Sharon for pulling people out of settlements in the Gaza strip.

Now Sharon is incapacitated after a stroke and has been replaced in the Knesset in Israel. So how do we take this? Was it stress that caused the stroke? Or did the Rabbi's anger win over , and the curse took effect on Sharon. Has the Rabbi started an occult/magickal war?

There's another Thread about this, somewhere, but Sharon was very old, hugely fat, probably under huge amounts of stress because of setting up a new party in time for the elections and his son was involved in serious fraud type criminal charges... That Rabbi may merely have weighed up the odds and decided that a strategically placed curse wouldn't do any harm...

There's people out there that can make money out of doing something similiar by studying horse racing form. 8)

It would be pretty hard to prove, the curse was invoked at least 6 or 7 months ago. Mind you, that probably won't stop them claiming a success.

-----Zoltan

The Sharon Death Curse

Religions around the world have a long history of curses aimed at opponents. Therese Taylor describes a recent use of Kabbalism against the Israeli Prime Minister.

In July 2005, Ariel Sharon, Prime Minister of Israel, was targeted by Jewish extremists with an ancient Kabbalistic death curse. This curse is known in the Aramaic language as a “pulsa denura” or “lash of fire”, and was motivated by opposition to the policy of withdrawing Israeli settlements from Gaza. This action against Sharon showed the combination of politics and religious extremism at the heart of the current Middle East crisis.

The curse also demonstrated how religious rituals can make symbols of hatred and past acts of violence to a believer. It recalled the Rabin assassination, and took place at the gravesite of a Zionist executed for an attempted assassination in the 1930s. Real history and the ineffable world of the supernatural were conjured up together.

The pulsa denura, like most curses, is understood to be dangerous to the person who casts it as well as the person at whom it is aimed. “We believe in God,” said Michael Ben-Horin, a settler in the Golan Heights who helped organise the rite. “I put myself in judgment before God. Either Sharon will die or I will.” At the time of writing, both are still alive.

The ceremony took place at midnight on the eve of the Sabbath, performed by a Kabbalist who led 20 men in prayer. One participant described it: “It was done in a beautiful cemetery with a thick forest around it, under a Full Moon. We performed it near the graveside of Shlomo Ben Yosef…”

While leading figures in the Israeli settler movement denounced the curse, it wasn’t the first such ceremony. The same group of hardliners used a curse against a previous Israeli Prime Minister, Yitshak Rabin, one month before his death in 1995. Rabin was shot dead by a ruthless assassin; while there was nothing mystical about that event, it’s possible that the curse emboldened some people to plot actual violence.

It is significant that the ritual was carried out at the grave of Shlomo Ben Yosef, who was executed in 1936, during the British Mandate, for violent acts that included shooting at a bus full of Arabs. Such activities by settlers wishing to halt the Gaza withdrawal were seen again during August 2005.

The letters pages of Israeli newspapers were full of opinions about the curse. One irritated writer exclaimed: “Sir, – These ‘extremists’ are a bunch of scoffers who make fun of God in order to get front-page coverage. Next thing they will do is construct a Golem to put up for the next elections.” But there were some who believed in it. Another correspondent stated: “I have been researching pulsa denura for years, and I am sorry to say that it is definitely a danger to the life or health of the target of that terrible curse.”

Dr Dov Schwartz, from Bar-Ilan University’s Talmud faculty, told the Jerusalem Post: “the pulsa denura curse is a recent evolution of the more widely known act of herem – the excommunication from the Jewish community of a person believed to be a criminal… and the first-known pulsa denura only occurred in 1958, after a person mysteriously died following an excommunication prayer.”

But popular rumour gives this curse a longer history. According to some, the ‘Curse of the Kennedys’ – the misfortunes that appear to haunt America’s famous political family – dates back to the 1940s when Joseph Kennedy, US ambassador to Britain, quarrelled with an eminent Polish rabbi, Aaron Kotler. He was said to have been cursed with a pulsa denura, which would continue to strike subsequent generations.

Australian Rabbi Chaim Gutnick acknowledged that such rumours about the Kennedy curse had circulated in the Jewish world since World War II. However, he said he did not believe Rabbi Kotler was responsible, because the late Rabbi was not a Kabbalist, and in any case, “It was not in his nature”.

Such destructive actions, seeking to channel hatred and malign thoughts, are part of the folklore of many religions. In Catholicism, the Virgin Mary is associated with mercy and love. Few realise that in pre-industrial Europe a number of Virgin Mary shrines celebrated her destructive powers; she was credited with the ability to cause sickness or death in those who had annoyed her devotees. Such places have a long history – Michael P Carroll wrote an entire book, Madonnas that Maim (1992), on their influence in Italy. Islamic legends too contain many tales of holy people whose miraculous abilities included the fatal curse. Religious authorities now denounce such tales, regarding the topic of curses as mere superstition, but an audience remains.

When informed by journalists that he was the subject of a death curse, Ariel Sharon laughed and asked when it would take effect. But Sharon is in his late seventies; this must give the creators of the death curse some hope. He cannot live forever, and his eventual death, whenever it takes place, may then be attributed to the successful workings of the curse.

From FT 206
January 2006

AUTHOR

Therese Taylor teaches modern history at Charles Sturt University, Australia. She is the author of a scholarly biography of a French saint: Bernadette of Lourdes, her life, death and visions, Continuum, 2003.

© Copyright Fortean Times. All rights reserved.

The above article caught my eye on the FT website because pulse denura doesn't look very Aramaic to me. I'm not Mel Gibson but it looks more like a latin language--the word "pulse" might well be related to the English cognates "pulse" or "impulse", which could be conceived as a kind of whip, and the French cognate "pulsion".

Then again, I don't know Aramaic from Romanian. It's possible that pulse denura is a false cognate.

In any case, I googled pulse denura and found a Wikipedia article which seems to debunk pretty much everything in the article. Interestingly, I just noticed that Wikipedia links back to the Fortean Times article above! I guess I am not the first Fortean to go looking for more data.

Wikipedia article as of May 31, 2006, EST 16:20 (lightly edited to remove extraneous formating):

Pulsa diNura
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pulsa diNura or Pulsa Denoura (Aramaic: פולסא דנורא "lashes of fire") is believed by some to be a kabbalistic ceremony in which God is asked to curse someone who is believed to be a sinner. However, the Torah prohibits to pray that something bad should happen to someone else. Rather it offers the solution to pray that the bad in the person dies and he becomes a righteous person.

Overview
The origin of this phrase seems to come from the Babylonian Talmud, in tractate Hagigah 15a. This section mentions sixty "pulsey d'nura" (plural) in order to discipline the angel Metatron. A pulsa d'nura is also mentioned once in the Zohar (section 3:263c, Raya Mehemna), one of the classic works of Kabbalah (Jewish mysticism). There it is described as a heavenly punishment against a person who does not fulfill their religious obligations. The phrase appears in a small number of other locations in the Talmud and Zohar, but not in the context of a mystical curse.

Some adherents of Kabbalah developed the idea of invoking a curse against a sinner, which they termed pulsa diNura.

According to Rabbi Ariel Bar Tzadok, from Yeshivat Benei N'vi'im, in Chicago, Illinois, USA, the popular perception of the pulsa dinura as a curse is mistaken. He writes:

The Pulsa D’Nora has wrongfully been associated with a certain school of Kabbalah known as Kabbalah Ma'asit (practical). The Pulsa D'Nora is not a magical formula. Torah and Judaism have no connection to or tolerance of magic in any form. Therefore, the consideration of anything in holy Kabbalah, an integral part of [God's] Torah from Sinai to have any ties to magic is a spurious and offensive suggestion. The Pulsa D'Nora is actually not a "curse of death" as many mistakenly believe. No Rabbi or Kabbalist has the right or authority to curse another to death. In accordance to Torah Law, the only way a Jew is put to death is for violation of specific Biblical laws and then only after being tried and condemned by a kosher and authoritative Sanhedrin, the likes of which have not existed in Israel and among the Jewish people since the days of the Temple.
Accusations of the use of this curse by religious Jews against figures whom they find objectionable has been made often over the past 50 years and quoted in mostly Israeli media. As the saying goes in Israel "you have not made it in Israeli politica until you've been cursed by the Pulsa DiNura" Early in the 20th century, agitated Haredi Jews in Jerusalem were accused by the media of having recited the curse against the linguist Eliezer Ben Yehuda. There have been unsubstantiated media reports of the curse being recited against archaeologists and authors. Prior to the assassination of Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Rabin, there have been rumors that the curse had been recited against him by right-wing extremists.

Avigdor Eskin, a member of the Gush Emunim (bloc of the faithful) claimed to have recited the following maledictions of the Pulsa diNura on the night of October 6, 1995: "Angels of destruction will hit him. He is damned wherever he goes. His soul will instantly leave his body...and he will not survive a month. Dark will be his path and God's angel will chase him. A disaster he has never experienced will beget him and all curses known in the Torah will apply to him. I deliver to you, the angels of wrath and ire, Yitzhak, the son of Rosa Rabin, that you may smother him and the specter of him, and cast him into hed, and dry up his wealth, and plague his thoughts, and scatter his mind that he may be steadily diminished until he reaches his death. Put to death the cursed Yitzhak. May he be damned, damned, damned!" Rabin was assassinated within the month.

In July 2005, the Israeli media, without citing sources reported that opponents of the Gaza pullout plan recited the Pulsa diNura in the old cemetery of Rosh Pina, asking the "Angel of Death" to kill Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon. Six months later Sharon has suffered two strokes and is currently in a coma, fighting for his life. Of course, most analysts link this to his age, 77, and obesity.

Reportedly ten rabbis and kabalists, including Yosef Dayan - instigated the same curse several months prior to the assassination of former prime minister Yitzhak Rabin - assembled at the gravesite, which is located near Safed.

An article in the religion supplement of the independent ultra-Orthodox (Haredi) weekly Mishpacha recently claimed that there is, in fact, no such thing. The two authors of the article, Dr. Dov Schwartz of Bar-Ilan University and Haredi activist Moshe Blau, spoke at length with three high-ranking kabbalists, and received the answers: "I don't know of it," "I've never heard of any such thing," and "There is no such curse in the Torah."

The two writers have made a study of the places in which the term pulsa denura appears in the sources, and have found that it is usually a reference to divine punishment imposed by God on angels, and not a curse or banishment from the community. Among the literal interpretations found for the expression: Ball of fire, whip of fire, burst of fire.

The two researchers reached the conclusion that the pulsa denura invoked today is merely a new and particularly frightening version of an excommunication edict, a ceremony that also incorporates extinguishing candles, blowing shofars in synagogue and reciting a curse. Excommunication does not really frighten secular Jews. In the final analysis, what do they care if the Haredim ostracize them? After Israel's establishment, the term pulsa denura replaced excommunication.

The researchers did not identify who gave excommunication its new name. But so as not to hold the reader in suspense, we will note that use of the curse in the early days of the state was usually attributed to religious struggles in Jerusalem that involved the leader of the anti-Zionist Neturei Karta movement, Amram Blau.

"Pulsa denura is not a kabbalistic ceremony," they concluded. "Kabbalists do not take part in it, it is not done at midnight but rather at midday - not after a fast of three days, not to the light of black candles, the text is not read seven times, and the persons do not necessarily stand facing the east."

In any event, the writers seemed to have a good time making fun of the secular, who "although they do not believe in the Creator of the World or his Torah, believe - and how - in pulsa denura."

See also
Avada Kedavra
Folklore
Urban Legend

External links
Statement by Rabbi Ariel Bar Tzadok, from Yeshivat Benei N'vi'im (PDF)
Description of the Action
The Sharon Death Curse article in the February 2006 issue of the Fortean Times [FT206]
Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsa_diNura"
Categories: Jewish mysticism | Occult

As for the Curse of the Kennedies, you can take your pick:

a) drink;
b) an avocation for risk-taking (aka rashness);
c) politics;
d) all of the above.

Which is a lot of words to say that they are Boston Irish.

I don't believe that there is any other Curse, although I am willing to entertain conspiracy theories if limited and documented.

No Illuminati need apply.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pulsa_diNura

I learned about this today from Astral Codex Ten:

2: The Bible says the Messiah will be a descendant of King David in the male line. Christians think Jesus fulfilled this prophecy, but Jews are still waiting - and still keeping track of King David’s descendants (author Boris Pasternak might be one). Yosef Dayan, a Mexican-Israeli rabbi, claims to be the head of the House of David and therefore the legitimate heir to the throne of Israel; lately he’s been casting kabbalistic death curses on Israeli prime ministers.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yosef_Dayan

https://astralcodexten.substack.com/p/links-for-august-2023

It is fascinating, but does not fit my knowledge of the kabbalah, but I'm a goy, so that doesn't count. It feels more like a cool urban legend.

Note:
On our news I once saw Rabbi's performing a prayer ritual in Auschwitz, and that was no kind prayer (understandably). I remember a phrase like "let their sins never be forgotten". If anyone knows more, I'm interested.

It seems to be a bit of a bizarre conincidence, that this year, things are getting really bad for politicians.

1) Sharon has a massive stroke (hardly unexpected)

2) Charles Kennedy's alcoholism is 'outed' and he's forced to quit as leader of the Lib Dems (not that suprising, but unexpected)

3) Tony Banks has a massive stroke and dies (Totally unexpected as a he was a relatively young and a very fit man).

And it's only the 9th of Janaury

Last year was the year of natural disasters, maybe this year will be a yer of massive upheaval politics wise. i know if I were a politician, I'd be worried... :twisted:

Just to note (with no political bias at all) that what was deemed really bad for the political sphere in the western world in 2006 seems remarkably tame and 'normal' compared to the recent tumultuous and gob-smacking few years!

Just to note (with no political bias at all) that what was deemed really bad for the political sphere in the western world in 2006 seems remarkably tame and 'normal' compared to the recent tumultuous and gob-smacking few years!

I understand the feeling, and I have it too. But also, if I read these great books, I see that politics has been extremely nasty all the time. A classic. Recommended:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Years_of_Lyndon_Johnson

I remember battling from Liverpool Street to Nine Elms during previous industrial action on the transport routes and soundly cursing Bob Crow with some venom. Then he dropped dead.
My Son is a train driver and is a member of ASLEF not the RMT, but he admired Bob Crow and always wanted someone like him at the top of his own union.
He was quite upset when Bob passed, especially when I said it was my fault as I wished it on him. (Well, me and millions of others who struggled to get to work).

Back