• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Astronauts Seeing UFOs on the Moon

Do you think the astronauts saw aliens on the Moon?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
rynner said:
"As it is, the US dominance of space is now under serious challenge."
That's when the American democracy functions best - when it's forced to play catch-up.

You may recall that it was ORIGINALLY the "RUSSIAN dominance of space" until Congress voted the funds and things got serious.

At the end of the 1930s and into very early 1940s the United States was probably the least-prepared of all Western nations to participate in or even protect itself during a major war. In early 1942 it couldn't successfully defended the Philippine Islands nor even many of its own Alaskan islands. (Most of its helments were left-overs from World War One.) Yet within another two years it was producing more war materiels than all the enemy nations COMBINED, not only supplying its own forces but the other Allies (including Russia) as well. It had reduced the time neccessary to construct a warship from two years to six months to a WEEK.

In short, I'm not terribly worried. And I'd be happier in a world with a THOUSAND competing GPS systems.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well there is always Heinlein's The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress. In that one moon rocks hurled toward earth by lunar colonists become a rather devastating weapon. Though an astrophysicist I mentioned this to felt it would be very difficult to hit specific targets this way.

Back