• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

...At The James Randi Educational Foundation

Status
Not open for further replies.
uair01 said:
Edit: :oops:
Now that I have read a few of the pages in the middle of the thread I realize that it's not about RV anymore. So my post is a bit irrelevant. That's a pity. It's still a fun subject and I'm always in for more experiments ...

To be honest although it did actually veer into an experiment we took that elsewhere quite quickly as this thread (and its twin) were more about.... something else - I was never really sure: having the last word after being thrown out of another forum? Venting? I have no idea.

Perhaps they should both be shut down and sealed off like old shipwrecks so as not to trap the unwary.

If anyone is interested in some kind of experiemnt then try the parapsychology forum:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

as there is usually something running there or you can start something yourself if you have an idea.

"People stared at the makeup on his face
Laughed at his long black hair, his animal grace
The boy in the bright blue jeans
Jumped up on the stage
And lady stardust sang his songs
Of darkness and disgrace..."

Link

Sep 3 2001

" I was out yesterday in my neighborhood with my companion of 22 years and our basset hound. It was the usual noon dog walk after lunch.

It's rare to see people in NYC looking up, unless there is a leaper, or a building on fire, some workmen dangling precariously from scaffolding, etc.

I rarely look up, especially because I am always keeping our dog in tow. I hadn't noticed at first that everyone was looking to the skies. In
fact, my companion and I had gone about three blocks before I noticed our dog wasn't getting her usual attention from people on the streets, and I wondered why. Most people stop to pet and ooh and ah over our girl.

I was utterly amazed to see everyone looking towards the skies. And,
there seemed to be a lot of conversation. It became apparent that whatever it was, everyone was in a state of confusion over it.

I nudged my companion and asked him what everyone was looking at?

I didn't even bother to look. I tend to be blasé. Anything can happen in NYC, and if people were looking up and it was really important, I'd hear all about it on the news. I could wait, but if my companion cared to look up and tell me, fine.
Well, he claimed that he had no idea, and then suggested we might find some stoop sales. Stoop sales in the city are like garage sales in suburban communities. So, we headed down a side street.

But, then I heard a lady say, it looks like Germany. I stopped and
looked up to the sky. I squinted from the rays of the sun, and soon saw why everyone was looking.

It was sky writing.

I laughed, and thought, oh it's advertising, then proceeded down the side street.

Then suddenly, my companion mumbled, "how odd."

Our dog, of course, now that I was sufficiently distracted, chomped on
some piece of bone she found. But, it was too late to do anything about it.

I looked up at the sky to see what my companion thought was odd.
The sky writing read, "Welcome Back To Germany."

I gave it some thought, and suddenly felt chilled. My companion had his eyes cupped with his hands, looking up at it.

World War II Germany came to mind. Hitler came to mind. GWB came to mind.

A young couple next to us suggested to each other that it might be a
travel advertisement. I piped in and suggested it might be a political one.
They looked at me as if they didn't get the gist of why I'd say such a
stupid thing. I shrugged.

My companion, who is well aware of my political views, gave me that
look, which said, don't start.

Well, we walked on and I thought about the sky writing. I thought about it when we got home, and I thought of my post I made a few days back about the events about to unfold in the world.

I didn't know whether to feel good or bad about what was written in the
sky that afternoon. But I thought, are there others like me with feelings of
ill ease and fears for the state of affairs of our great Country. Are there
others old enough to know and remember how quickly it might all become
jeopardized by something like the GWB administration?

I thought of what I know about the ET connection, and the connection
with religious fundamentalist and fanatics and far right wing agendas. And, I thought, how appropriate. Yes, how poignant. Welcome Back Germany, indeed.

Wish it had said Welcome Back to America The Land of the Free. "

Sep 3 2001

[Emp edit: Fixing big link.]

Quixote said:
Timble said:
The rest is psilence then?

Now that's psirony...

"Femme fatales emerged from shadows
To watch this creature fair

Boys stood upon their chairs
To make their point of view

I smiled sadly for a love I could not obey
Lady stardust sang his songs

Of darkness and dismay."

Emperor said:
uair01 said:
Edit: :oops:
Now that I have read a few of the pages in the middle of the thread I realize that it's not about RV anymore. So my post is a bit irrelevant. That's a pity. It's still a fun subject and I'm always in for more experiments ...

To be honest although it did actually veer into an experiment we took that elsewhere quite quickly as this thread (and its twin) were more about.... something else - I was never really sure: having the last word after being thrown out of another forum? Venting? I have no idea.

Perhaps they should both be shut down and sealed off like old shipwrecks so as not to trap the unwary.

If anyone is interested in some kind of experiment then try the parapsychology forum:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=9

as there is usually something running there or you can start something yourself if you have an idea.

OK the above posts have proved my points - its clearly also acting as temptation for a certain banned user to sneak back in for some lastwordism so I'm running some tape around this bad boy and will be entombing it in concrete and dragging it out to sea.

As I said above this thread was started to pursue an agenda leaking over from another forum, veered into an intresting (if inconclusive) experiment, got off track with a touch of forum wars and other related madness.

If people are genuinely interested in psi/RV experiments go to the Parapsychology forum I link to above - there is one currently running here:

www.forteantimes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22718

If people are thinking about signing up new accounts to get around their banning and starting up new threads to pursue their agenda then just don't bother - you are wasting everyone's time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back