• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.
I am sure i have read about a museum of automata but where? Obviously they can’t have stuff as posh as the clock or the swan but they should be able to fit in a few of the chess-playing turk type ones? I’d pay good money to see them. Anybody got any info about anything like before i am reduced to asking google?

It would be best to resort to Google to search for collections in your region. There are many such collections, and some of them have different foci or emphases (e.g., dolls, coin-operated amusements, exhibition robots, etc.).

It would be best to resort to Google to search for collections in your region. There are many such collections, and some of them have different foci or emphases (e.g., dolls, coin-operated amusements, exhibition robots, etc.).
I’m sure you’re right i just had a very remote hope that someone would tell me there were hundreds of the things just off the M25 at Watford. Sigh

They do these kit bits.
1618781858852.jpeg

This could be one of those hobbies where a 3D printer could be really useful.

There used to be an automata shop in Covent Garden but that closed years ago.
But there is a site where you can buy automata (at a pretty hefty price) along with kits, books and online workshops so you can learn how to make your own.

https://cabaret.co.uk/
They’ve got an exhibition at Snorbans!!!! I’m so excited! Sorry, St Albans.

Back