• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

"Back From The Dead" Thread?

MercuryCrest

The Severed Head of a Great Old One.
Staff member
Okay, this is an odd one.

First, I believe that the search function is on drugs or something which is why I'm posting this here...but wait! There's more....

I vividly recall a forum thread titled "Back From the Dead". I never actually read it, I was just totally aware of it.

Recently I was reading on another forum about people who remember hearing about famous celebrities' deaths (news coverage, tributes, etc.) only to find out that that person is still alive.

Of course, that discussion inevitably turned towards parallel universes, etc. and though there are many logical reasons why someone could "think" someone else was dead, some of the stories there were downright scary and included things beyond simple death reports.

So, was this what that old thread was about? Do we have a thread specifically dedicated to this type of occurrence? I recognize that it's likely one's mind playing tricks, faulty memory, etc., but it fascinates the hell out of me. :D

Aha! That's the one.

I never actually read it because it seemed far too "cultural" for me. :D

Thank you kindly. After reading the other forum, I need more of these stories.

Incidentally, given the way the other forum went, I wanted to say how much I appreciate the candor, humor, and thoughtfulness on this forum.

I've never encountered so welcoming a place and it's real delight to be here. :)

There was a Part 1 thread too but that seems to have disappeared, which is a shame as I started that one.

Yeah, part one was lost in the migration. We lost quite a few closed threads then (part 2 had already been started.) Hence my leeriness at mucking about with the DB too much.

Anyway, there is also the actual Back From The Dead thread, featuring non-celebs who were thought dead but weren't, and usually surprising their grieving loved ones.

I very definitely confused the two of them as the "Back from the Dead" caught my eye and the "Peeps You Thought Were Dead" caught my imagination. 8)

Back