• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bedhampton UFOs

A

Anonymous

http://www.rense.com/general17/EXBEDUFO.HTM
Any opnions on this, anyone?
My opinions are:
a) Most people don't look up into the sky that often, so don't realise just what a lot of objects there can be up there at any given time - planes, helicopters, planets, flying bit of rubbish, birds etc. He's primed himself to see UFOs, so any object in the sky becomes a UFO.
b) At least some of the objects he's seen and videoed sound like the aforementioned flying rubbish - plastic bags etc.
c) Somebody, knowing of his fascination with UFOs, could be deliberately hoaxing him by releasing balloons etc whenever they see him hanging around with his camera. It's quite easy to make a UFO with a binliner and some gas - release it into the sky and it makes lots of interesting, constantly changing shapes as the light and the wind catches it. Some of those photos definately look like binliners to me.

I think so, too.

I'm not disputing that he thinks he's seen UFOs at some point, but if you lived near him, and you knew he was there with his camcorder...I can imagine you might like to, shall we say 'join in'.

Have you seen those silver balloon UFO things on sale? They're remote controlled, aren't they?

The third one looks a lot like one of those silver thermal blankets - I saw one at Glastonbury which got caught in an updraft and the reflections looked very similar.

The top picture looks like a type of kite we made as kids & yes it was made from a bin liner!!!!

The style of kite was called a 'sled' & was made with a bean cane taped up each side of one layer of bin liner, if you didn't add a tail, to keep the end down you could cut a hole or holes towards the bottom edge & this looks as if this has been done to the 'object' in the picture. The angle of flight & curve in the body are right for a 'sled' kite as well.

I remember if correctly made, they were very stable & could be flown to considerable heights. I once got one up to over 1000'.

Back