• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Benny Hill stylee thief pursuit

stu neville

Commissioner.
Staff member
Just love this (not really Fortean, but funny anyway...)

Suspected thief caught after chase involving 47 people

A suspected thief who tried to take cash from a shop in Somerset has been caught after a mile-long chase involving 47 people.

The chase described as "like a scene from Benny Hill" began in Wells after a customer in a stationery shop spotted a man taking cash from a till.

A woman and her teenage son began to follow him, joined by a female traffic warden and then pupils from Wells Blue Comprehensive School.

The deputy head teacher, another teacher, and more children joined in as the thief ran through the school building into the car park and down a steep bank...

Full story here :D

rofl, all they needed to do was chase each other round a 5 ft long hedge and we'd be sorted :chuffed:

Did a busty lady's bikini top fly off somewhere along the line?

A police spokesman added: "It's thanks to the kids that we caught him. If it wasn't for them there's no way I would have known where he was or what he looked like."

More like Scooby Doo then

"and I would have got away with it if it weren't for those pesky kids............the bank manager, a postman, a bus driver, 3 pensioners, the Wells amateur dramatic society, etc etc":D

Did everyone run into a beach tent and emerge in different clothes?

I have it on good authority that one of the pursuers was playing "Yakkety Sax" on his tenor, and that the chase had a curious, sped-up feel.

And a short, bald man was being repeatedly slapped on the head

...and then fed...candy?!...dog treats!? What the hell was that all about anyway?

Back