• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Betty Hill's Star Map

ruffready

Justified & Ancient
This can be moved to a Betty Hill thread , I looked breifly but could not find, anyway......

The Origin of Betty Hill's Star Map

a D-Day map !!

Iread this here blog : credit to these guys and blog :The UFO Reality (RRRGroup
A group of media guys )

anyway..she was a regular at the Rockingham (New Hampshire) Hotel where the NAACP held its meetings in the early 1960s:

where a map of the d-day invasion was hung. weird huh!!! :shock:

You folks can go here and see picture / compare the two maps !! woooo..

http://ufor.blogspot.com/2007/02/origin ... r-map.html

well that's that.

ruff
:?

OMGWTFBBQLOL! She uncovered the secret alien invasion plans!

Somebody should check The Daily Telegraph crossword for September 19, 1961!!

This is yet another posting from the descendants of the RRRGroup - a group known more for their bluster than for their willingness to come forward publicly with the methods by which they arrive at their conclusions.

These same guys also insisted they had compelling evidence that the UFO insignia Lonnie Zamora described was actually one used by Hughes Aircraft. Now this is an interesting idea but they never quite came out publicly with the evidence that showed the connection.

They always say that, if you are a bonafide UFO researcher, you can gain access to their super-dooper private website. Personally, I think this is a dodge. If any bonafide UFO researchers have ever bothered to gain entrance, they've never said much about the mysteries it contained.

Why is it that no one ever plays it straight in this phenomenon? If you have information, if you've done good, compelling research, how much trouble is it to just lay your damn cards on the table?!

S

Well, I've tried many times to fit the Hill star map to the actual disposition of the stars in the region around Zeta1 and Zeta2 Reticuli, and the truth is they really dont fit.

Using Celestia, which itself uses the Hipparchos star database (and for stars at the distance of Zeta1 and Zeta2 the locations are very accurate), I was able to view these stars from practically any conceivable angle and location; none of them resemble the map particularly.

This theory. that it was based on a Normandy Invasion map, is intriguing, and fits in with the 'Bellero Shield' theory. But it is probably taking the chain of reasoning too far to say that this proves anything.

here is a bit of info for those that care...

The controversial interpretation of the Hill "star map" conducted by Marjorie Fish includes the sun and 15 nearby stars. These stars make an ideal case study for stellar age determination as described in this article. For further details specifically about this map, see in Focus and the December issue.

Commentary
Editor's Preface
The lead article in the December 1974 issue of ASTRONOMY, entitled "The Zeta Reticuli Incident", centered on interpretation of a map allegedly seen inside an extraterrestrial spacecraft. The intent of the article was to expose to our readers a rare instance where astronomical techniques have been used to analyze a key element in a so-called "close encounter" UFO incident. While not claiming that the analysis of the map was proof of a visit by extraterrestrials, we feel the astronomical aspects of the case are sufficiently intriguing to warrant wide dissemination and further study. The following notes contain detailed follow-up commentary and information directly related to that article.

The age of our own sun is known with some accuracy largely because we live on one of its planets. Examination of Earth rocks -- and, more recently, rocks and soil from the moon -- has conclusively shown that these two worlds went through their initial formation 4.6 billion years ago. The formation of the sun and planets is believed to have been virtually simultaneous, with the sun's birth producing the planetary offspring.

But we have yet to travel to any other planet -- and certainly a flight to the surface of a planet of a nearby star is an event no one reading this will live to witness. So direct measurement of the ages of nearby stars -- as a by-product of extrasolar planetary exploration -- is a distant future enterprise. We are left with information obtained from our vantage point here near Earth. There is lots of it -- so let's find out what it is and what it can tell us.

When we scan the myriad stars of the night sky, are we looking at suns that have just ignited their nuclear fires -- or have they been flooding the galaxy with light for billions of years? The ages of the stars are among the most elusive stellar characteristics. Now, new interpretation of data collected over the past half century is shedding some light on this question.
Computer models of stellar evolution reveal that stars have definite lifespans; thus, a certain type of star cannot be older than its maximum predicted lifespan. Solar type stars of spectral class F5 or higher (hotter) cannot be older than our sun is today. These stars' nuclear fires burn too rapidly to sustain them for a longer period, and they meet an early death.

All main sequence stars cooler than F5 can be as old or older than the sun. Additionally, these stars are also much more likely to have planets than the hotter suns.

There are several exciting reasons why the age of a star should be tracked down. Suppose we have a star similar to the sun (below class F5). If we determine how old the star is, we can assume its planets are the same age -- a fascinating piece of information that suggests a host of questions: Would older Earthlike planets harbor life more advanced than us? Is there anything about older or younger stars and planets that would make them fundamentally different from the sun and Earth?

Of course we don't know the answer to the first question, but it is provocative. The answer to the second question seems to be yes (according to the evidence that follows).

To best illustrate the methods of star age determination and their implications, let's select a specific problem. "The Zeta Reticuli Incident" sparked more interest among our readers than any other single article in ASTRONOMY's history. Essentially, that article drew attention to a star map allegedly seen inside an extraterrestrial spacecraft. The map was later deciphered by Marjorie Fish, now a research assistant at Oak Ridge National Laboratory in Tennessee.

In her analysis, Ms. Fish linked all 16 prominent stars in the original map (which we'll call the Hill map since it was drawn by Betty Hill in 1966) to 15 real stars in the southern sky. The congruence was remarkable. The 15 stars -- for convenience we will call them the Fish-Hill pattern stars -- are listed on the accompanying table.

Since these stars have been a focus of attention due to Ms. Fish's work and the article mentioned above, we will examine them specifically to see if enough information is available to pin down their ages and (possibly) other characteristics. This will be our case study star group.

click here for pics

In my work I was able to verify the findings of Marjorie Fish in terms of the astronomy used.

Ruff

Fairy Gold

If I remember rightly, the chief alien unraveled the map and asked Betty Hill if she could point out the Sun on it. When she said she couldn't, he retorted that in that case there wasn't much point showing her where he had come from. It sounds like standard Trickster behaviour to me - the map is merely a modern equivalent of the fairy gold that turns to rocks and dust when you examine it in the daylight. I doubt there's any more point to analyzing the map than there was to analyzing Joe Simonton's pancakes.

As for the RRR group, their comments about "UFO scum" and various similar postings betray a depressingly immature attitude towards the UFO debate.

I would recommend that anyone interested in this so-called corellation try downloading Celestia and try fitting the stars on the map to their real disposition. It is literally impossible; Fish was quite simply wrong. The most important discrepancy is that Zeta1 and Zeta2 Reticuli are shown too far apart on the Hill map; they are the most prominent stars on that map, and are the basis for the identification.

Since they are displayed wrongly then it seems entirely likely that the rest of the map is spurious as well.
Remember it was drawn from memory, so any correlation with the real stars is almost certianly the result of chance; the idea that this correlation can be tested and found to be accurate to so-many thousand places is fantasy.

Betty's Map

Regarding the supposed map has anyone tried to match up the drawing to a real starmap or even a good computer program like redshift, would it be possible? Could it be triangulated to the point of origin? I don't know.

Re: Betty's Map

(Jimmy Saville) Now then, now then, how's about, we 'ave a post 'ere from Mr thealien2000uk, 'oo says...
thealien2000uk said:
Regarding the supposed map has anyone tried to match up the drawing to a real starmap or even a good computer program like redshift, would it be possible?
Ho ho ho, welll... if you look not three posts above yours, you will see..
eburacum said:
Well, I've tried many times to fit the Hill star map to the actual disposition of the stars in the region around Zeta1 and Zeta2 Reticuli, and the truth is they really dont fit.

Using Celestia, which itself uses the Hipparchos star database (and for stars at the distance of Zeta1 and Zeta2 the locations are very accurate), I was able to view these stars from practically any conceivable angle and location; none of them resemble the map particularly.

Starmap

DOH, lol

Thank you for pointing that out, stuneville.

I think I must have selective reading or something, lol, Very Fortean

Back