• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bizarre Auctions

Student wants to sell his will on eBay

Sunday, February 13, 2005
By CASANDRA ANDREWS
Staff Reporter

First, it was forehead space. Now, a clever college student is looking to sell his potential for future earnings on the Internet auction site eBay.

Strapped for cash, Irvington resident Chris Britt, 20, has thrown his fate into the hands of eBay shoppers, auctioning off his will and "everything else I own when I die" as a creative way to earn money for school.

Billed as an "awesome investment" and a "great gift for the grandkids" the former University of South Alabama student is hoping someone will pay him at least $10,000 so he can return to school in the fall. Bidders can skip the auction process and "buy it now" for $15,000.

While this is Britt's first time selling something on the auction site, there's a long line of budding capitalists who have turned a quick profit peddling oddities on eBay. In recent months, a man sold the skin above his eyebrows to an advertiser for nearly $38,000, and a Georgia women took bids to sell the bulge of her pregnant belly as billboard space.

Since posting the auction of his will a few days ago, Britt said Friday that he's received more than 26,000 hits, about 50 e-mail inquiries and only one bid, which he rejected, because the bidder's feedback rating was poor. By Saturday night, the online counter for his auction showed more than 32,000 hits.

When eBay transactions are completed, the buyer and seller have the opportunity to leave a "feedback" comment about the other individual, and those comments are available for public inspection. Ratings points are earned or lost based on whether those comments are positive or negative.

Founded in September 1995, the eBay community includes more than 100 million registered members from around the world.

While Britt described himself as "extremely hard up for money right now," he's not homeless.

He lives with his father in Irvington and graduated from Theodore High School in 2002. On the eBay posting, Britt describes himself as a third-year student of biology planning a career in medicine.

"Depressed," he writes on the site, "I gave up until I saw the story about the man who sold his forehead for advertisement space ... truly unique."

Britt figured if that guy could sell off the use of a body part, he could sell his potential for future earnings.

Here's how Britt said buying his will would work: "The winner of the auction will basically be my sole beneficiary."

After the auction, he said, he'll take out a $50,000 insurance policy on himself and leave that to the sole beneficiary. He said the winning bidder gets to pick the lawyer to draft Britt's will.

"It seems like a good investment," Britt said. "I think it's kind of good for someone (who) could leave it to someone."

Pictures of Britt posted on the site show him posing with his motorbike and taking a drag from a cigarette as he leaned against his Mustang. He admitted to a pack-a-day habit, writing in the posting that the smoking "probably doesn't help" his chances for a long life.

"When I die, you win."

When asked about selling his bright-yellow bike, Britt wouldn't hear of it: "That would be almost as bad as selling my kidneys. I've always wanted a bike, and now I have one, and I don't see how I could part ways with it."

He said last week that if the medical career doesn't pan, out he'd like to pursue work in the field of marine biology.

Britt said he was kicked out of school because he didn't have the money to pay for it. He dropped below 12 credit hours, which is considered a full course load, and lost his financial aid, he said. Now, he works six days a week at a local nursery and is doing other things, such as donating plasma, to earn extra cash.

Britt, who paid $50 to list the auction, isn't alone in the venture. His friend, Rameh Dickens of Mobile will collect 25 percent of whatever Britt is able to earn. Britt said it was Dickens' idea and his eBay account.

They also are working on other ways to earn money for Britt, though he didn't want to discuss what those might be.

He can be contacted by e-mail at [email protected].

"If it will get me back in school enough to get my financial aid back, I think it will be well worth it," Britt said. "When I'm dead, I'm dead. I can't enjoy my things anymore."

Source

Student Puts School President on eBay

Feb 21, 10:48 AM (ET)

COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) - An Ohio State University student has put school president Karen Holbrook on the online auction site eBay, saying in the ad that she will ruin the undergraduate experience.

Bidding started at a penny on Saturday and the seven-day auction had 64 bids from 19 bidders topping out at almost $100 million Monday morning.

Timothy Rosman, a sophomore from St. Augustine, Fla., said the ad is a joke but he really doesn't like Holbrook.

"I'm not trying to stand up and be the voice of the people. This is just a little gag between my friend and I. It just got big," said Rosman, who uses the identification "thatsmrbuckeye" on eBay.

Rosman, an international studies major, said in the ad that Holbrook ignores everyday crime at Ohio State, supervised two tuition increases and is responsible for hideous construction "as far as the eye can see."

The auction notes that the item for sale cannot be shipped: "Will arrange for local pickup only."

School spokeswoman Elizabeth Conlisk called the joke "a little mean-spirited."

An e-mail was sent Monday to eBay asking if joke auctions are allowed.

---

Information from: The Columbus Dispatch, http://www.dispatch.com

Source

A chance to buy Tawney Peaks peaks (well just one peak):

Stripper selling infamous breast implant on eBay

Wed Mar 2, 2005 08:43 PM GMT

MIAMI (Reuters) - A former topless dancer who was famously cleared of battering a Florida nightclub patron with her "crazy big" breasts has shed her oversized silicone implants and put one of them up for auction on eBay.

The woman known professionally as Tawny Peaks said on Wednesday she recently came across the implants in a box in her closet after watching a television discussion about crazy things sold on eBay and decided, "Why not ... I don't need it any more."

"Somebody might bid on it. It's like the first boob to be sued over in a lawsuit," she said.

Peaks said she would autograph the auctioned implant for the winner but would keep its mate "for good measure."

She explained that she had her size 69-HH implants removed and underwent breast reduction surgery in 1999 after retiring from the business to start a new life.

"They were like really big, crazy big," said Peaks, who described herself as a happily married homemaker and mother of three now living in the Detroit area.

Peaks won notoriety in 1998 when a man sued her and her employer, the Diamond Dolls nightclub in Clearwater, Florida, saying he suffered a whiplash injury when she swung her breasts into his face at a bachelor party. He said they were "like two cement blocks."

The parties accepted binding arbitration on "The People's Court" television show and the judge, former New York City Mayor Ed Koch, ordered a female bailiff to examine Peaks in private.

The bailiff found the breasts to be "soft" and to weigh about 2 pounds (0.9 kg) each. Koch ruled they were not dangerous and refused to award damages.

The implant auction ends on Saturday. So far Peaks has received 10 bids, topping out at $71 (37 pounds), according to the eBay Web site.

-----------------------
© Reuters 2005. All Rights Reserved.

Source

Its currently selling for 14 grand:

eBay

And thats some frightening boobage - they appear to be the size of basketballs and while they may have some kind of freakshow value they look dreadful.

Ghosts raise real money for the ‘invisible disease’

Auction of three apparitions benefits mental health groups
By CZERNE M. REID
Staff Writer

Marion and Jesse sold to highest bidders

One-hundred-now-one-ten-do I-have-one-ten? One-ten-now-one-twenty.

The auctioneer’s chant rang out and the bidding was on for Marion the ghost, who lives in a Civil War-era home that was auctioned Saturday.

The talk is that the apparition appears in an upstairs room of the 146-year-old West Columbia home and looks over people’s shoulders into the mirror.

Soon, with a shout and the shriek of a shiny whistle, Marion was sold for $140 to bidder No. 196.

Beverly Garnett said she bought Marion because she had been in the house many times. Her great-grandfather, Jesse Marion Roof, built the 2,650-square-foot house that once served as a hospital and camp for Union Gen. William T. Sherman during the Civil War.

The house is also home to other supernatural residents who were on the auction block. Jesse, the pipe-smoking ghost of the builder, went for $110, and a 13-year-old ghost with TB went for $100. Cash from the ghost sales went to two nonprofit organizations that provide services to the mentally ill.

“I’ve auctioned a lot of really odd things,” said Rebecca Frierson, auctioneer and chairwoman of the S.C. Auctioneers Commission. But ghosts top her “odd” list, which includes a literal hole in a wall and a bank drive-through window.

Auctioneer Mike Amason said Saturday’s home auction was the first one — to his knowledge — during which ghosts have been sold at live auction.

Ghost talk might be seen as a negative in some places, Frierson said. “But in the South, a ghost just adds a little extra cache to it.”

Marion and Jesse are not the only ghosts to be auctioned in recent months. In December, an Indiana woman scared up a $65,000 bid on eBay for a cane that belonged to her late father. She sold the cane so her spooked son would think his grandfather’s ghost left the house when the cane did.

Saturday’s auction raised money for Mental Illness Recovery Center Inc. (MIRCI) and the S.C. Psychiatric Association. Century 21 Bob Capes Realtors and its auction division matched the bids.

The real estate agents and auctioneers came up with the idea to make the ghosts a metaphor for mental illness. “We liked the tie-in with the ‘invisible disease,’ ’’ said Julie Ann Avin, MIRCI’s executive director. “Mental illness is not something people like to talk about. There’s always a stigma associated with it.”

The floor was open for ghost stories Saturday. Lorelai McKay said she lived in the West Columbia house for about 17 years with her parents, the Bumgarners, who are selling the house. McKay has heard creaking noises, her father smelled pipe smoke, her sister Kelly heard “someone” coming fast down the stairs, and her brother Alex saw a man in gray Civil War-era garb looking over his shoulder in the mirror.

“I heard a few things that scared me pretty badly, especially when I was alone,” McKay said.

“I’m not a believer in ghosts,” she added. “But it’s weird stuff.”

>Source<

New Yorker punts haunted Nintendo NES
By Lester Haines
Published Monday 14th March 2005 14:28 GMT
A New York eBayer is offering gaming enthusiasts the chance to acquire a vintage Nintendo NES with an unusual mod - it's possessed by the spirits of the undead who who use it as a portal with which to communicate with the other side.

Or so the vendor claims. Rest assured, though, it's not a malevolent possession which will end with peoples' heads swivelling around, screaming priests jumping out of first-floor windows and your house and all its contents being sucked down into Hell - rather a low-key sort of visitation which manifests itself through voices and the occassional interruption of a game. Read on:

There is a local thrift store here in Brooklyn, NYC, that I've been doing business with for some years now.

About a month and a half ago I made one of my visits to the shop and found this '80s Nintendo System.

When I purchased this Unit I asked the owner of the shop about who brought the System in, and what he actually told me was that a gentleman had donated it that same morning and said "It was just sitting in his attic", and according to him, it supposedly belonged to his son who passed away years ago.

I brought this System home, and on the first night of playing, about 10 minutes into the game, I began hearing sounds similar to human voices, mumbling to the background music of the television.

Naturally I thought it may have been static or something to that effect, or maybe it somehow interfered with a truck driver's CB Radio System, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

But it continued through-out the entire time I was playing, stop for a minute or two, then start again. It got to the point where I went really close to the TV, I paused the game to try to hear it a little better, but then it would get silent. When I would unpause it, there it would go again.

I know it sounded like there was a conversation going on but I couldn't make out any of the words.

To my knowledge, there is no technical problem with any vintage Nintendo Gaming System that causes any of these 'symptoms'.

Since owning this System, I've experienced hearing sounds of mumbling and laughing in the background music of different games (all sounding Exactly the same and all on numerous occasions).

On 3 separate occasions I've had the game 'Pause' by itself, without having my finger anywhere near the 'Start' button of the controller, and the really suspicious thing about it was the fact the timing of the Pause always happened to be during an intense moment of a game, as if the intentions were made for me to lose.

I even tried different controllers, which I've sold on eBay, thinking it may have been some type of controller glitch with the originals... and yet still have the same exact things happen.

Every time I power this unit on is like getting ready for something new to happen.

And not only with me. I've invited close friends and family members over, and some but not all have witnessed something strange happen, like the one time the 'Arrow icon' on the Main Options screen of a game actually moved down to 2 Player Mode, all while the controller was out of my hand.

Yup, gone are the days when contact with the spirit world involved a glass, a Ouija board and a candlelit Victorian drawing room. Now when your dear departed wants to touch base they simply notify you by switching to two-player mode and away you go.

The haunted NES is currently standing at $72 with a couple of days left to run on the auction. ®

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/14 ... _nintendo/

What's that Sam, cashing in?

EVP via NES?

New Yorker punts haunted Nintendo NES

By Lester Haines
Published Monday 14th March 2005 14:28 GMT

A New York eBayer is offering gaming enthusiasts the chance to acquire a vintage Nintendo NES with an unusual mod - it's possessed by the spirits of the undead who who use it as a portal with which to communicate with the other side.

Or so the vendor claims. Rest assured, though, it's not a malevolent possession which will end with peoples' heads swivelling around, screaming priests jumping out of first-floor windows and your house and all its contents being sucked down into Hell - rather a low-key sort of visitation which manifests itself through voices and the occassional interruption of a game. Read on:

There is a local thrift store here in Brooklyn, NYC, that I've been doing business with for some years now.
Click Here

About a month and a half ago I made one of my visits to the shop and found this '80s Nintendo System.

When I purchased this Unit I asked the owner of the shop about who brought the System in, and what he actually told me was that a gentleman had donated it that same morning and said "It was just sitting in his attic", and according to him, it supposedly belonged to his son who passed away years ago.

I brought this System home, and on the first night of playing, about 10 minutes into the game, I began hearing sounds similar to human voices, mumbling to the background music of the television.

Naturally I thought it may have been static or something to that effect, or maybe it somehow interfered with a truck driver's CB Radio System, so I didn't pay much attention to it.

But it continued through-out the entire time I was playing, stop for a minute or two, then start again. It got to the point where I went really close to the TV, I paused the game to try to hear it a little better, but then it would get silent. When I would unpause it, there it would go again.

I know it sounded like there was a conversation going on but I couldn't make out any of the words.

To my knowledge, there is no technical problem with any vintage Nintendo Gaming System that causes any of these 'symptoms'.

Since owning this System, I've experienced hearing sounds of mumbling and laughing in the background music of different games (all sounding Exactly the same and all on numerous occasions).

On 3 separate occasions I've had the game 'Pause' by itself, without having my finger anywhere near the 'Start' button of the controller, and the really suspicious thing about it was the fact the timing of the Pause always happened to be during an intense moment of a game, as if the intentions were made for me to lose.

I even tried different controllers, which I've sold on eBay, thinking it may have been some type of controller glitch with the originals... and yet still have the same exact things happen.

Every time I power this unit on is like getting ready for something new to happen.

And not only with me. I've invited close friends and family members over, and some but not all have witnessed something strange happen, like the one time the 'Arrow icon' on the Main Options screen of a game actually moved down to 2 Player Mode, all while the controller was out of my hand.

Yup, gone are the days when contact with the spirit world involved a glass, a Ouija board and a candlelit Victorian drawing room. Now when your dear departed wants to touch base they simply notify you by switching to two-player mode and away you go.

The haunted NES is currently standing at $72 with a couple of days left to run on the auction. ®
Bootnote

Ta very much to Ghostbuster NMH for contacting the spirit world, and then us.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/14/haunted_nintendo/

Mom Uses eBay To Sell Monster Under Child's Bed

Bidders Asked To Remove Monster From Girl's Room

POSTED: 10:37 pm EST March 15, 2005
UPDATED: 8:56 am EST March 16, 2005

PHILADELPHIA -- One of the duties of a parent is to make sure the monster under their child's bed is held at bay -- even when the monster exists solely in that child's imagination.

One local parent had a high-tech solution to the problem -- she has put the monster up for auction on eBay.

Kathleen Tait had her daughter draw the monster under her bed and is selling the image on the online auction site, WCAU-TV in Philadelphia reported. Tait's daughter said the monster would make her room a mess. Kathleen Tait said the whole thing began months ago, when her daughter would wake up, afraid that the monster would get her and her toys.

"To this day, I sleep with her," Tait said. "I lay down with her until she falls asleep."

Tait tried several ways to bait the monster, including peanut butter and jelly. Then, she hit upon eBay.

Those who bid on the monster are asked to take it out of Tait's daughter's room. It is hoped that by selling the monster, it will be gone for good. There are five days left on the auction, and the bidding early Tuesday evening was $2.25.

"People can sell pretzels, so why not a monster?" Tait said.

Source

Kitty said:
Not sure if it's the same one, but here's a sub-bed monster for sale: thisaways

Good find ;)

Seems to be a different one (probably inspired by the first) - I think the first one was pulled.

Okay, so not an eBay auction, but it seems properly bizarre enough to post here -- not to mention it's a nifty little Sunday afternoon read, to my mind anyway.

Historic Colo. castle auctioned for $4M

By ERIN GARTNER
The Associated Press

DENVER -- A historic castle where John D. Rockefeller and Theodore Roosevelt were guests - and where a coal baron's ghost is said to haunt the halls -- was auctioned for $4 million Saturday, two years after the IRS seized the century-old mansion in a fraud investigation.

A Pasadena, Calif., man made the winning bid, said John Harrison, an IRS special agent. The unidentified buyer declined to talk with reporters.

"I had a brief moment to meet him, and I think he's going to be a real asset to the Redstone community," said Walter Stanaszek, a University of Oklahoma professor who had the winning bid for a nearby Victorian home. "I'm just excited to say I have a neighbor that owns a castle."

IRS agents seized the 42-room Redstone Castle in the mountains near Aspen in March 2003 while investigating an international Ponzi investment scheme. They also seized about $17 million in cash from bank accounts and race cars worth $2 million.

The castle's previous owner, Leon Harte, was being investigated before he died in 2003. Court documents said Harte and others had formed three companies to buy the castle and the Victorian home for $6 million five years ago.

Investigators say about 1,000 people were bilked of a total of $56 million on the promise of 400 percent investment returns. A grand jury indicted seven people last year and trial proceedings are scheduled for September.

Proceeds from the auction will help reimburse victims, Harrison said.

The sale was the latest twist in the castle's almost epic past.

Teddy Roosevelt stayed at the estate during a hunting trip after he left the White House; oil tycoon John D. Rockefeller did, too.

But it was nearly abandoned after a mining bust, and some say the cigar-smoking ghost of its builder, coal baron John Cleveland Osgood - who died in the castle he named Cleveholm Manor - still haunts the place.

The castle, filled with antiques and surrounded by a carriage house, barn and other outbuildings in the Crystal River Valley about 170 miles west of Denver, was finished in 1902 at a price of $2.5 million - an astonishing sum at the time.

It was erected on a mountainside overlooking the coal-mining town Osgood built for his employees.

"It's kind of like a medieval manor. The castle was about an aristocratic mile away from the village," said Darrell Munsell, president of the Redstone Historical Society.

"It demonstrates Osgood's philosophy of industrial paternalism. Osgood believed that his employees should be contented, satisfied workers," said Munsell, who is writing a book about Osgood's labor policies. "He thought if they were satisfied with their conditions, they wouldn't join the union, and he would be rewarded with more production and less labor strife."

Osgood built cottages for the married workers, a dormitory for single employees, a library, a community center, a store and other structures in his company town, now called Redstone. But it became a virtual ghost town by 1910 after the coal mine shut down.

The mansion was neglected until 1924, when Osgood returned. He died two years later.

Despite a string of owners, the castle and grounds remain largely unchanged. Since the 1970s, the estate has usually been open for tours, wedding parties and other events.

"The castle, of course, brings in tourism. Without the castle open to the public, that would really hurt the economy of Redstone," Munsell said. "It attracts hundreds of tourists."

ON THE NET
Redstone Castle online.

Online version here.

Sadly I could only manage a bid of $3.5M... so there goes that dream of living in a castle. :cry: ( ;) )

Renigirl said:
Sadly I could only manage a bid of $3.5M... so there goes that dream of living in a castle. :cry: ( ;) )
I'm sure for a small fee (half a million?) I could help you find another... :eek:

That is so scary! But I don't think it's true, it's far too good a story! Not to mention that the 'priest's' hand in relation to the camera looks more like his own hand, from that angle.

eBayer seeks to exorcise voodoo cuddly toy
By Lester Haines
Published Tuesday 22nd March 2005 10:02 GMT
Those readers who feel that their lives are lacking a little excitement may well be interested in snapping up a possessed Stitch teddy bear which has terrorised a Canadian family to the point that they are now compelled to take the only course of action left to them - offload the voodoo devil cuddly toy on eBay before it decapitates the entire clan in an blood-splattered slashfest of mindless, knife-driven violence.

If you think we're exaggerating here, think again. Since buying the apparently innocent toy in Florida, the unnamed vendors have been subjected to a litany of horror so spine-chilling that those of a nervous disposition are advised to quaff a stiff brandy before continuing. Here are the edited highlights:

Last summer, my fiance & I were visiting her family in Florida, and taking a stop in Disneyworld. As big fans of the Lilo & Stitch movies, we were interested in buying some Stitch toys. We ended up getting quite a few, of all shapes & sizes. We have had no problem with any of them - they're all regular friggin teddy bears. One, however, has been a problem since day one. That was the one we picked up on our way from Orlando to Daytona Beach.

We stopped at a little out of the way place while looking for a restaurant. This place was small, and kind of dingy, but they had food, and a 'gift shop', if you could call it that. I wish I could remember what it was called, but the only thing that seems to ring a bell is 'Leary'. Anyway, they had another Stitch toy there, which looked just as good as any we had picked up in Disneyworld, and was a quarter of the price. The person behind the till seemed a little too pleased to be making the sale, and now I can see why.

We displayed the toys on our TV stand, with some other stuffed animals my fiance has collected over the years. Nothing has ever moved them, except for when cleaning & dusting, and then they are promptly put back in place. After the new Stitch toys were put up, about once a week, we would find one or two of the other stuffed animals on the floor... This became a semi-regular occurance until early November, when we awoke to a loud slam in the middle of the night. I got my fiance to stay upstairs, and crept down to see what was happening... I turned the light on at the front door, and saw that the items on the floor were actually all of the stuffed animals, and other Stitch toys. The only thing left on our TV stand was the Stitch we had picked up from that store. That would have been enough, but the top of the TV was cracked as well - it looked as though something heavy had been dropped onto it.

At this point, I knew that there was something wrong with this 'toy', so right then & there I threw it in the garbage... and went back up to bed to explain to my fiance why that Stitch would not be on the shelf when she got up in the morning. Since I didn't want to scare her, I told her it got ripped open when it fell off the shelf, and I had to throw it away, as it looked too bad to repair. Sleep was hard to come by that night.

The next day I got up early, emptied the garbage, and threw it in the dumpster in the parking lot before leaving for work. Problem solved. Or so I thought...

To cut to the chase here, every time the terrified owners tried to dispose of the Stitch devil toy, it reappeared in the house as if nothing had happened. Attempts to bury it in a landfill site on the other side of the city, burn the monster with lighter fuel, dismember it or offload the emissary of Satan at a local pawn store proved fruitless - on each occassion it turned up again, good as new, atop the TV stand.

Finally, the vendor decided to incapacitate the beast by pinning it under the TV (see photo of restrained Devil toy) and turning to the only hope of salvation. No, not the Catholic church, but rather the world's favourite auction site.

Now call us old-fashioned if you must, but surely the time-honoured tradition for offloading cursed items is to pass them to the next victim without his or her knowledge. Those unfamiliar with the concept are directed to 1957 Brit horror classic Night of the Demon, wherein the passing of a demonic paper results in a very nasty end for one promising B-movie career.

Indeed, our eBayers in this case do not do themselves many favours with their caveat emptor section:

Please, if you have children or pets, think twice before bidding. This is not a 'toy' for a child. I can not say with any assurance that you will have the same experiences as us, but there is a strong likelyhood that you will see what I mean, and I do not want to feel any guilt for harm coming to a child or an animal.

We also cannot guarantee that the item will stay with you after you have received it. If it stays as persistent as it has previously, it may try to get back to us. I will not be putting a return address on the package, as if when you realize that the item is evil, as I'm sure you will, I do not want you sending it back to us. It will become your responsibility as soon as it enters your possession.

The winnning bidder should, though, rest assured that it will not leap out of the box on arrival and get stuck straight into the kids with a chainsaw:

The buyer is to pay for shipping, in whatever form they would like. I can dismember the item before shipping as well, if you would feel safer that way, but I can not guarantee it will arrive in this form. If you would like the toy shipped without being cut up, I will attempt to immobilize it with either duct tape, or rope, or a combination of the two. It is your choice.

And there you have it. Unsurprisingly, the possessed Stitch teddy is currently standing at a modest $137.50 with four days left to run. Time for Golden Palace Casino to intervene, we feel. ®

Story about the above:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/03/22 ... uddly_toy/

'Haunted' soft toy for sale on ebay

Via the livejournal of a friend of mine I found this: Link . It's a supposedly haunted Stitch toy (from Lilo & Stitch) that has apparently survived having limbs and head cut off, being doused in lighter fluid, etc. I'm not sure whether to find it amusing or not! What do you guys think?

This is completely deranged "The Last Breath of Christ".

At: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 67741&rd=1

This is the last breath of Jesus Christ. Many years ago legends of this were abound everywhere. Many people told of how Christ had beckoned his closest follower to him as his last breath grew near and urged him to ready a bottle so that through this last breath, Jesus could forever live on earth and influence the hearts and minds of men.

Now thousands of years after he left this mortal coil this amazing relic has been discovered. The success of epic religious comedy movie 'The Passion' and poorly written blockbuster "The Da Vinci Code" led to a surge in interest for this mysterious relic. I myself travalled many miles and suffered through many torments to find this treasure of the ages. Finally one day my labours were rewarded and I had it in my possession.

However it was never my intention to keep this purely to myself. I wish to share it with everyone in the world which is why I have chosen to list it on Ebay. This way I receive some monetary compensation for my hardship and also allow it to be shared with the commonwealth. I have had it verified by a man of the church, Rev. Drew Ellis, this is what he had to say:-

"This is to the best of my knowledge after several examinations and verifications, the last breath of Jesus Christ. I authenticate this religious artifact from my place as a Reverand of the Church"

I CAN ANSWER ANY AND ALL QUESTIONS

Jean said:
*snip*
And this: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 03670&rd=1 What I'd like to know is what does a murdered decapitated gothic corpse look like? Surely if it's decapitated you can't see the eyeliner! :lol:

It was probably the smell of Patchouli Oil that gave it away. ;)

This is completely deranged "The Last Breath of Christ".

Unsurprisingly, at the time of posting this there have been no bids placed for it.

*awaits for a genuine John the Baptist head to come up next on ebay*

Ah, forgot about the patchouli! I hardly ever wear it myself any more and tonight I look very un-gothlike, being dressed in a big oatmeal coloured jumper that's full of holes (although my hair is very red)! :lol:

Lucky family auctions off 'holy egg'

[World News] ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill.,, March 22 : An Illinois family that claims an egg with the symbol of the cross on it brought them incredible luck is auctioning it off on eBay for a minimum $20,000.

"It's time to move it around," said Robert Smith of Elgin, who said he won $200,000 from the Illinois Lottery in July 2000, about a year after finding the egg.

Among the other lucky breaks he and his wife attribute to the egg is that Smith's son's modeling career has taken off.And, although their grandson was diagnosed a year ago with craniosynostosis, which affects the skull and can require multiple surgeries, a week after the diagnosis, tests revealed doctors were wrong.

"You have to believe in something," Smith said.

The "Holy Cross Lucky Egg" has a minimum bid of $20,000, and a an instant purchase option of $50,000, the Arlington Heights Daily Herald reported.

If it doesn't sell on eBay, Smith said the family plans to personally deliver it to the Vatican when members travel to Italy in the summer.

- -- Copyright 2005 by United Press International.

New Kerala

Saw this on the news:

Fans Fight for Spock's Ears

By WENN

Star Trek fans are battling on auction website eBay for the hit TV series' most famous props--the original pointy ears worn by Leonard Nimoy's Mr. Spock character.

The latex prosthetics were worn by Nimoy between 1966 and 1969 and are expected to fetch more than $3,800 when bidding ends April 1.

The highest bidder will also receive production paperwork for one of the episodes in which the ears appeared.

Star Trek fan club member Phillip Usher says, "Mr. Spock is one of the most recognizable faces on TV, to be able to wear his ears in the house or to the shops would be amazing."

-----------------
Article Copyright World Entertainment News Network All Rights Reserved.

Source

Auction

Woman Sells Her Name on EBay for $15K

Mar 29, 7:04 PM (ET)

SEYMOUR, Tenn. (AP) - A mother of five put her name up for bid on eBay and got an offer. Terri Iligan, 33, sold her name to Internet site Golden Palace Casino, and she will officially be named goldenpalace.com once the legal work is complete.

The casino paid $15,199 for the name.

Iligan said she got the idea when she found out how much it would cost to send one of her children, ages 4 to 10, to a golf school Tiger Woods attended.

"To my kids and to my husband, I will always be Terri. My husband is real supportive," she told WATE-TV in Knoxville. "He thinks it's funny. As long as they get to call me mom, they don't care."

Source

More on the above:

Woman rebrands as GoldenPalace.com
By Lester Haines
Published Thursday 31st March 2005 10:50 GMT
Golden Palace Casino announced today that it has added the latest acquisition to its manifest of preposterous eBay purchases by paying a 33-year-old US woman $15,199 to legally change her name to GoldenPalace.com.

Hot on the heels of the online gambling outfit's branding of a Glaswegian woman's cleavage, and its eager consumption of a likeness of the Virgin Mary in a toasted cheese sarnie, Golden Palace has secured the lifelong advertising services of Terri Ilagan.

The mother of five explained: "I was driving one day and I told my husband, I don't think anyone's tried to sell their name on eBay yet. So I put it up for auction and I got all kind of responses within 24 hours of it being listed."

Sigh. Regarding now being legally required to rebrand as Mrs GoldenPalace.com, Ilagan confessed: "To my kids and to my husband, I will always be Terri. My husband is real supportive. He thinks it's funny. As long as they get to call me Mom, they don't care. They are already starting to tease me and call me Goldie."

Golden Palace supremo Richard Rowe chipped in: "We hope that the money spent will go a long way in helping GoldenPalace.com's family. Anyone that has kids knows the enormous expense that it requires to provide for them. We are happy to help GoldenPalace.com make ends meet."

Rowe added: "This is a new step in edgy marketing. We know that this will receive widespread media attention." Sadly, he's right. We await with tabloid fervour the announcement that Golden Palace has paid $30,000 for some cash-strapped eBayer to have the company's logo tattooed on his todger which, when viewed from the right angle, bears a faint resemblance to Mahatma Gandhi. ®

Source

Do you like sex and rock music?
By Lester Haines
Published Monday 4th April 2005 11:18 GMT
If you're female, a bit of a looker, around five feet tall and don't mind selling yourself into sexual slavery in return for a Glastonbury Festival ticket, then one eBayer is offering a lucky girl the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get down and dirty at the world's premier rockfest.

There's a catch, though. Glastonbury tickets have the bearer's name printed on them. No matter. Read on:

Ok...here’s the deal!

I’m going the festival and I’ve got a spare ticket, the only thing is it’s not in your name!

So...all you need to do change your name by deed poll and then you can come with me!

Easy instructions for loosing that name you so cherish can be found here ChangeByDeedPoll.co.uk

This auction will be strictly limited to only attractive women (no men or minging women!), prior to bidding please send an appropriate photo for pre-approval!

As so many people will be after this ticket I think I can be quiet specific on who I want, so... must be around 5' - 5'5", petite, high sexual appetite, good conversationalist, have attractive mother (its a great window into how well you will age!), enjoy drinking and partying!

Please note cooking and general slave services are part of this auction - that is you will be providing them to me if you win! Sharing tent is optional, but it’s my call and depends on how good you look!

So happy bidding!

While we admire the vendor's complete honesty here, any right-minded rock chick will be asking how he came to have a spare ticket in the name of some other female in the first place. We reckon his enlightened attitude toward women may have something to do with it.

Furthermore, we feel it is only fair that willmorrish post a pic of himself on eBay so potential slaves can themselves check out what he's offering in the Adonis department. After all, with bidding currently standing at £10m, the buyer will want to be certain that she will get plenty of bangs for her bucks. ®

Source

:shock:

[Emp edit: Adding in another set of quote tags to help clarify the text.]

Here's the link to the above auction, interestingly the news article failed to add this clarifying text: "ps:/ This auction is a pi$$ take (in case you didnt realise!), so no flaming from you whiners who will state the obvious and say 'don’t sell tickets on eBay' yaa dee yaaa!"

Back