• We have updated the guidelines regarding posting political content: please see the stickied thread on Website Issues.

Bizarre Bath In Mississippi

henry

still speeding
this was a little strangeness from recently ... as part of my 1940s bluesman-style existence at the gateway to the delta (greenwood MS) my apartment has a small bath and no shower, and ive got used to lazing around listening to Pat Novak - For Hire on vinyl while i soak

midweek a couple of weeks ago, midmorning i was reclining in the bath tub in exactly that way, sat up and started to wash my upper body when i felt something quite large detach itself from my back and drop into the water behind me with a splash

at the time i was reaching to soap shoulders/upper back ... i paused for a second then shot upright ... nothing in the water around me that i could see ... i felt my back and could feel a line of bumps on the left side, half way from ass to neck

i was out of that bath pretty damn quick but couldnt see anything in the water ... in my mind i imagined something about the size of one of my big shoes, i could see a raised red area in the mirror but it was about 4 inches long (pretty sure that mirror makes everything look a few inches smaller however)

i wondered if the detaching feeling was like water caught between my forearm and shoulder or something as i was washing ?

This is intriguing! Just for clarity, did the bumps/raised area continue or did it disappear soon after? Are there any bruises/lumps there now? I thought of a spider (or a large insect), although I am not sure of your location so shooting in the dark here. I could imagine it freaking out as it hit the water and getting the hell out of dodge..off to it's hidden space, wherever that might be.

Did you experience any pain?

Wouldn't you have been aware of a sort of 'suction' sensation at the time, if it was trapped water? Sounds incredibly mysterious either way.

this was a little strangeness from recently ... as part of my 1940s bluesman-style existence at the gateway to the delta (greenwood MS) my apartment has a small bath and no shower, and ive got used to lazing around listening to Pat Novak - For Hire on vinyl while i soak

midweek a couple of weeks ago, midmorning i was reclining in the bath tub in exactly that way, sat up and started to wash my upper body when i felt something quite large detach itself from my back and drop into the water behind me with a splash

at the time i was reaching to soap shoulders/upper back ... i paused for a second then shot upright ... nothing in the water around me that i could see ... i felt my back and could feel a line of bumps on the left side, half way from ass to neck

i was out of that bath pretty damn quick but couldnt see anything in the water ... in my mind i imagined something about the size of one of my big shoes, i could see a raised red area in the mirror but it was about 4 inches long (pretty sure that mirror makes everything look a few inches smaller however)

i wondered if the detaching feeling was like water caught between my forearm and shoulder or something as i was washing ?

Euw!

Could it have been some sort of vacuum effect between the skin of your back and the side/rear of the bath?

maximus otter

im thinking it could have been something like that somehow, only i was fully sitting up and torso out of the water when i felt it ... the impression i got, and obviously it wasnt this, was of a huge invisible leach unsucking itself from my upper back and dropping into the water

im thinking it could have been something like that somehow, only i was fully sitting up and torso out of the water when i felt it ... the impression i got, and obviously it wasnt this, was of a huge invisible leach unsucking itself from my upper back and dropping into the water
Hopefully not a Giant Amazon Leach!

20110810092003leech-arm-smithsonian.jpg

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smit...5-weirdest-worms-at-the-smithsonian-47017905/

Plus it wouldn't explain the splash.:thought:

It does sound like some kind of large insect that had attached itsef to you.
But where did it go?
It might be worth giving the bathroom a deep clean...

Wowzers.....that sounds to be a completely disconcerting episode.

I'd be so freaked out! I just cannot think of a rational explanation for this.

- Your area of body was clear of the water so it could not be water vacum.
- There was no insect/spider/leech to be found

Could it have been a large boil that had popped ?

Back